NHL News/Notes XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Wonder if Boogie could replace Housley in Buffalo? They could just churn through their former defensemen to coach the team until they find one that fits.

Housley fired.

Call me DeadGhost McKenzie if I'm right.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Couture is an idiot. He has no switch that stops him from saying idiotic things.

That tweet pretty much throws his entire coaching staff under the bus.

Us fans may not like him as a coach and some of the stuff he does on a daily basis, but no player should be doing this stuff 3 days before the playoffs start.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Bring back Boughner. Guy was absolutely amazing in his time here. f***, if we could get him for the Cup run. It’s a roster freeze, right? We can still add supporting staff?

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
How is this throwing his coaching staff under the bus? Obviously a lot of the players loved playing under Boughner and Couture is just showing him some love. Some people around here really like to make a big deal out of nothing…

Yea I don't think the implication was that Cooch wanted Boog instead of our current coaching staff, just that he wanted him back in some capacity.

Paka Ono

Pro Ice Girl Scout
Jun 29, 2011
SF
Anyone know why the Panthers had to ask Chicago for permission to interview Quenneville?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Anyone know why the Panthers had to ask Chicago for permission to interview Quenneville?
He has one more year on his contract with Chicago at 6 million. I believe they have to negotiate some kind of agreement regarding his salary since Chicago still owes him 6 million.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I mean that was my thought when I saw he was fired. He was good for us. I don't read couture's statement as anything negative toward our current staff, just that boughner would be a quality re-addition.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad