NHL News/Notes XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
The wild officially going full rebuild, no longer doing the half in half out thing they been doing for 10 years now.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Leon Draisaitl isn't even the most valuable player on his own team, but he scored a bunch of points, let's give him the MVP!

There's no good argument for Josi either, that one is inexplicable, he didn't lead D in scoring, didn't have a narrative running all year, wasn't the #1 on a contender, that was just lazy voting

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Leon Draisaitl isn't even the most valuable player on his own team, but he scored a bunch of points, let's give him the MVP!

There's no good argument for Josi either, that one is inexplicable, he didn't lead D in scoring, didn't have a narrative running all year, wasn't the #1 on a contender, that was just lazy voting

Wait Josi won the Norris???

I'm actually laughing out loud now. This is a new low for award voters.

Reactions: Sandisfan

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Wait Josi won the Norris???

I'm actually laughing out loud now. This is a new low for award voters.

I was sure it was Carlson's year, but Josi out of f***in nowhere

Sure, he lead his team in scoring by 17 points, but that says a lot more about the Nashville Predators being bad than Josi being exceptional

Carlson was over a PPG for crying our loud, 2 years in a row now where it almost seems like the guy who should have won the Norris got punished for scoring too much

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
How did Hellebyuck win the Vezina. He was 7th best sv% and not even in the top 10 gaa. I guess because he lead the league in shutouts?

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
How did Hellebyuck win the Vezina. He was 7th best sv% and not even in the top 10 gaa. I guess because he lead the league in shutouts?

Winnipeg was terrible on paper without him and he brought them to the playoff qualifiers

That team lost their entire right side on defense in the offseason and he still made them respectable, I agree with that selection

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Winnipeg was terrible on paper without him and he brought them to the playoff qualifiers

That team lost their entire right side on defense in the offseason and he still made them respectable, I agree with that selection
This would be the first time a goalie for a team that was 9th place(or lower) in the conference won though, right?

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
This would be the first time a goalie for a team that was 9th place(or lower) in the conference won though, right?

Bobrovski won in 2013 and CBJ finished just outside the playoffs, they were tied for 8th in points but lost on ROW to MIN

That was a lockout shortened year, so it's kinda goofy, but still, a Vezina has been awarded to a goalie who didn't make the playoffs before

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Bobrovski won in 2013 and CBJ finished just outside the playoffs, they were tied for 8th in points but lost on ROW to MIN

That was a lockout shortened year, so it's kinda goofy, but still, a Vezina has been awarded to a goalie who didn't make the playoffs before

And this was a shortened season, as well. Not that it really means anything with respect to the award, but a funny coincidence. All I remember is that game where Hellebyuck dominated the Sharks...

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I was sure it was Carlson's year, but Josi out of f***in nowhere

Sure, he lead his team in scoring by 17 points, but that says a lot more about the Nashville Predators being bad than Josi being exceptional

Carlson was over a PPG for crying our loud, 2 years in a row now where it almost seems like the guy who should have won the Norris got punished for scoring too much

30 games in, it seemed like Carlson's to lose, but Josi was just fantastic this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad