NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE TEN! Part ONE!

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Team explorer:

Leif Erikson
Bubble_Buddy_003.jpg

@Hurricane28

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Good morning, bankers. That's what we - those of us stuck in the 21st century on Earth Prime - call a modified Rebel Yell.

rebel.gif

@Rebels57 has a pair sitting there all ripe. I can feel them down in my plums, getting a nice bluish hue, getting ready to take them down to the farmers market.

Let the boy watch.

Then BiggE, Starberry, and then a hop, skip and a jump to @DancingPanther. So let's get rolling. That's what that douche chef [REDACTED] says on "The Great Food Truck Race." I redacted his name, even though I would never pick him. There's only one pick in the category for me, obviously. I like it when miscreants like @wankstifier join us in here, but I don't like the naming of names. So everyone who sees this, please just be careful with that, and otherwise knock yourself out with banter except for that which is addressed and prohibited in the large bolded letters of the OP.

Speaking of letting the boy watch, last night out in the barn Woof was sitting there watching as a raccoon ate his food from the bowl. When I opened the door the raccoon slowly walked away toward the back of the building, and presumably slinked its fat ass under the door somehow to go outside temporarily until I got out of his way. It's not a surprise that he neither attacked me nor ran quickly away. For one thing, they are always too fat to reach cruising speed, but more importantly, raccoons and I have always had an understanding. It started as a child, when I radiated constant love toward them, which I am sure they felt in their trash cans and trailer parks both nearby and as far away as Sunnyvale.

The relationship was really cemented permanently when one of them came up to the back door of a vacation house we were staying in down in Florida in 1995. I intuited that he was hungry, because like me they are always hungry, so I gave him a tomato sandwich. It took every singly last ounce of restraint I possessed not to feed it to him directly - I can say with complete honesty that I have never wanted to do something more - but I threw it out on the patio and closed the door. He wolfed it down, and every night after that I threw him tomatoes. I'm sure that reached the raccoon grapevine, so we can all assume that for the rest of our days on this gross garbage planet, we are cool.

So that's the story of me and trash pandas. And Woof.

I'm truly ashamed

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
We are going to go with my favorite soundtrack and pretty much the only one I'll go find on Spotify to listen to: the FAR CRY 5 soundtrack

If you've never played Far Cry 5, you're a cop liberating a middle of nowhere Montana county from a dangerous doomsday cult. The cult leader had delegated the "overseeing" of 3 areas of the county to his family. I'm explaining this because it's important to the soundtrack.

The game is a massive open world, and as you travel from one delegated area to another, the vibe clearly changes based on who the ruler is. This includes the music you hear on your car radio, the music people sing or hum

ACCIDENTLY HIT POST WITH MY THUMB

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We are going to go with my favorite soundtrack and pretty much the only one I'll go find on Spotify to listen to: the FAR CRY 5 soundtrack

If you've never played Far Cry 5, you're a cop liberating a middle of nowhere Montana county from a dangerous doomsday cult. The cult leader had delegated the "overseeing" of 3 areas of the county to his family. I'm explaining this because it's important to the soundtrack.

The game is a massive open world, and as you travel from one delegated area to another, the vibe clearly changes based on who the ruler is. This includes the music you hear on your car radio, the music people sing or hum

ACCIDENTLY HIT POST WITH MY THUMB

I only played one of the earlier Far Crys for a short time, but it seemed like it was really good.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

If you've never played Far Cry 5, you're a cop liberating a middle of nowhere Montana county from a dangerous, militaristic doomsday cult. The cult leader had delegated the "overseeing" of 3 areas of the county to his family. I'm explaining this because it's important to the soundtrack.

The game is a massive open world, and as you travel from one delegated area to another, the vibe clearly changes based on who the ruler is. This includes the music you hear on your car radio you drive around in, the music people sing or hum, and the background music of the game. Each area features reprised versions of every song contained in the soundtrack.

There's the "base" set of 10 songs or so, played during cutscenes, etc. It's American western folk. The first delegate is Jacob, a former US soldier tasked with the training and deployment of the cult's militia. His region's reprises are rockabilly/Americana, a little more rock and roll. John's area, who leads the forcible conversion of county residents, differs in that the reprises are performed by a church band and choir, as he is called "The Baptist" and operates from the town's church. Then there's my favorite, Faith, a botanist who acts as a pacifist to bring the people to trust in the cult leader, but uses a powerful hallucinogen called Bliss to run forced labor camps for residents who resist the cult. Her reprises are pure, angelic, whispy, and mostly choral with orchestral backing. Some of the original songs, but not all, are reprised in each region. However, every song featured in a region is reprised to the other 2. If that makes sense.

This is an awesomely cool concept to me, and I loved when I was watching playthroughs. Here's an example. Would love for you to listen to a few seconds each and hear the differences!

Jacob:

John:

Faith:

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

If you've never played Far Cry 5, you're a cop liberating a middle of nowhere Montana county from a dangerous, militaristic doomsday cult. The cult leader had delegated the "overseeing" of 3 areas of the county to his family. I'm explaining this because it's important to the soundtrack.

The game is a massive open world, and as you travel from one delegated area to another, the vibe clearly changes based on who the ruler is. This includes the music you hear on your car radio you drive around in, the music people sing or hum, and the background music of the game. Each area features reprised versions of every song contained in the soundtrack.

There's the "base" set of 10 songs or so, played during cutscenes, etc. It's American western folk. The first delegate is Jacob, a former US soldier tasked with the training and deployment of the cult's militia. His region's reprises are rockabilly/Americana, a little more rock and roll. John's area, who leads the forcible conversion of residents country residents, differs in that the reprises are performed by a church band and choir, as he is called "The Baptist" operates from the town's church. Then there's my favorite, Faith, a botanist who acts as a pacifist to bring the people to trust in the cult leader, but uses a powerful hallucinogen called Bliss to run forced labor camps for residents who resist the cult. Her reprises are pure, angelic, whisky, and mostly choral with orchestral backing. Some of the original songs, but not all, are reprised in each region. However, every song featured in a region is reprised to the other 2. If that makes sense.

This is an awesomely cool concept to me, and I loved when I was watching playthroughs. Here's an example. Would love for you to listen to a few seconds each and hear the differences!

Jacob:

John:

Faith:

These scars long have yearned for your tender caress
To bind our fortunes, damn what the stars own

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I only played one of the earlier Far Crys for a short time, but it seemed like it was really good.
FC5 is seriously excellent. It's not the Witcher 3, nothing is, but it's up there in my all timers. Highly recommend. It's a standalone game if you're worried about that.

Far Cry 6 is in the works too, coming out I think end of the year. Don't quote me there. But it's coming

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad