NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE NINE! Part ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good morning, stars of track and field.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

We start the day with my blood DNA sibling @Hollywood Couturier on the clock, @Striiker on deck, some royal moron named @Lord Defect on the lido deck, and @GKJ on the lido afterdeck.

Last night I watched "Kundo: Age of the Rampant" on Prime. I'm telling you, Korea can do practically no wrong. It was excellent. It reminds me of Swedish indie music in the early parts of this century, when I was living in Stockholm - there were just so many good bands over there, and the hit rate on quality was super high. That in turn reminded me of the crazy % of women who are beautiful there, a point that was especially driven home for me (phrasing) when I took a bus from Karlstad, in the "far" west, to Stockholm in the east. We stopped about 10 times along the way, frequently in what looked like the middle of nowhere, and every single time at least a few of the women who got on the bus were beauties. It stopped in Orebro, which is an actual city that looks like a hamlet from where the bus stopped, and the most stunning jaw-dropper got on.

I had seen Swedes walking down the main pedestrian street of central Stockholm, Drottninggatan, ("Queen Street"), every day, past glass building after glass building, and damn near every single one of them turned constantly to stare at their reflection. It's impossible not to get the impression that when you are that good-looking, it makes you narcissistic. So all these factors combined made me realize that the Swedes are really good at creating a beautiful surface. Even their architecture (once they got past their Brutalist Period), cinema, and mobile phones and other electronics were and are very attractive. Koreans are very similar in a lot of ways, though they are notorious for stealing tech and design from the Japanese, and are not the least bit shy with plastic surgery. Korea is the Sweden of Asia.

Unfortunately, the internet signal was so shit that it was like watching a movie made with Minecraft technology - pixels f***ing everywhere. Anyway, it was very good, and now I have to perform my morning rituals. Make your picks with real joy, f***ers.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Given what I’ve seen this week, I’m taking a ‘notable fan’ which given that I am my city of Philadelphia, has to be Joel Embiid

Which surprised me he was still available given the presentation of a pick on this very same page

Jojo is up next but he said to skip him so @FlyTimmo appears to be up

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Given what I’ve seen this week, I’m taking a ‘notable fan’ which given that I am my city of Philadelphia, has to be Joel Embiid

Which surprised me he was still available given the presentation of a pick on this very same page

Jojo is up next but he said to skip him so @FlyTimmo appears to be up

Nice pick, was on my shortlist.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
So @ajgoal would be up then.

Am I the only one sad enough to type these out way way in advance? Like I've got my next two picks already written up and a third well on the way, and I don't even pick again for like another month.
I stopped doing write ups when Jojo sniped a defenseman I had done a long write up for. I had only done the write up because Jojo was the only person to pick before me and it was late on the east coast, so I tried to have it ready to post when I got up in the morning.

Woke up to see my pick was taken and have not done a write up in advance since. :laugh:

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I stopped doing write ups when Jojo sniped a defenseman I had done a long write up for. I had only done the write up because Jojo was the only person to pick before me and it was late on the east coast, so I tried to have it ready to post when I got up in the morning.

Woke up to see my pick was taken and have not done a write up in advance since. :laugh:

I've been living dangerously the last few rounds, sometimes writing up picks several rounds in advance, and luckily it hasn't backfired on me yet. Maybe that says something about what I'm picking though. :laugh:

I have 3 pretty much ready to go, all of which are only low key snipeable, i.e. it's certainly possible, but unlikely.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So @ajgoal would be up then.

Am I the only one sad enough to type these out way way in advance? Like I've got my next two picks already written up and a third well on the way, and I don't even pick again for like another month.

I don't do my write-ups beforehand, but I spend a sad amount of time making my lists initially and thinking about them, so it's the same sad state of pathetic affairs for me as for you. I just prefer to write on the fly spontaneously.

Reactions: BiggE and mja
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad