NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE NINE! Part ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
mmUma0k.gif

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
To round out our legends defense, the Flaming Zeppelins take HOF RD Fernie Flaman.

tT6vuGbTYu4nw7A8j39b7HNPnXneo5sUNr88aa2K9zSKI-SeZtKv6k8bEP9JK1P6ruHhJ89y7qmrhxsPRswTQtszW5njegoXpzWiAlRI41T9j5cnfEdt_RQqmJed5nbRGaGOzJB4

Fernie, a classic physical defensive defenseman, was the 4th captain in Bruins history, a 3 time All Star and finished in the top 5 for Norris voting 5 straight seasons. He was also third all time in career penalty minutes when he retired. He later carved out a long career as a coach of the Northeastern Huskies. He’s a perfect fit for our club, mostly just because Flaman kinda sounds like Flaming.

@Magua

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
The PORTLAND FOG select the only Weather Person truly (sorry Glen) worthy of a 1st round pick, former Philadelphia legend, SHEENA PARVEEN.

View attachment 439671

View attachment 439669

I believe she is in San Diego now. A devastating loss to the Greater Philadelphia Area. Rumor has it, she once dated Hartnell.:eek:

She was spotted leaving Hartnell's apartment in Penn's Landing multiple times lmao

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Honolulu Ghibli stroll on up to the podium and give a jazz hands welcome to legend defenseman, "Moose" Johnson.......not Moose Johnston, the f***ing fullback.

300px-Moose_Johnson_Portland.jpeg

To quote the Ottawa Citizen circa 1910: "Picture a big husky six-footer, with a terrific burst of speed, a body check stiff enough to break a man's spine and a shot like a bullet, a person with indomitable energy and an apparent determination to win at all costs." So, he was basically a superhero? Johnson was in retrospect called the Brad Park to Cyclone Taylor's Bobby Orr. And as that injury chart details, he was one gritty son of a gun.

Originally a star goal scoring left wing with the Montreal Wanderers, with whom he won 4 Stanley Cups in the 1900s, Moose was lured west by the more lucrative contracts of the Pacific Coast Hockey Association, where he switched to defense (or "cover-point") and played a further 11 seasons with the New Westminster Royals and the Portland Rosebuds/Victoria Aristocrats. He was named a First All-Star in 8 of his 11 seasons. After a short retirement, Moose would continue to play minor professional hockey until age 45.

As a defenseman, Moose Johnson was a rush and counter attack extraordinaire for his era with his superb skating. Moose was one of the few defenders at the time who could back skate as well as he could forward skate. And Moose used the longest stick in hockey at the time and was renowned for his aggressive poke check while gapping up. So, when he stripped the puck away, it was off to the races. How thoroughly modern. Inject it into my veins! Also happy to say Moose is now the most senior of senior citizens on my team.

@Rebels57

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
GM Doug:
tenor.gif

9931845_131317524070.jpg

Alexander Ragulin: What is wrong General Manager?

GM Doug: Is that thing supposed to be a helmet?
AR: Da, helps head.
GM Doug: Does it?
AR: I am not one who cannot make pick.
GM Doug: Ugggh, I am just so bored having to read all these Wikipedia articles to prove to stupid Randy frickin' Carlyle that I know hockey history.
AR: You need historic legend?
GM Doug: I mean, yes? But so many good ones are gone and like I finish reading about them and get excited and someone else has taken them.
AR: I study Canadian hockey. Whisper name of other good defenseman in ear. You pick.
GM Doug: Yeah, sounds good. Then the goalies have no more cause to bug me. You're alright helmet guy.

With some pick in some round the...what team is this...oh yeah, the Chimps pick D Émile Bouchard.

Yay, woo. @CanadianFlyer88 goes now.

Helmet, wake me back up in 32 years when we pick again.

AR: Da.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
If we can get to the top of the order before midnight I’ll be amazed. So much to the point, that I’ll not be defective for 8 hours(or my choosing, not necessarily consecutive hours)

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I have waited long enough to make this selection. I almost took him in the legend round where we filled out the full first line. I felt bad passing on him in the second round for Leclair, but hadn't expected Johnny to be there. My third legends line fit with a theme, so there was no room for him there.

Butttttt, this guy was my first ever favourite player. I begged my dad to sign me up for the Montreal Canadiens fan club on the incredibly remote chance that I would get an autographed picture of him. To my great delight, one arrived in the second year membership package, whereby my dad promptly cancelled the membership. :laugh:

He is the last Canadien to finish in the top 10 in NHL scoring. He was electric in the 86 season and 86 Cup run by the Habs, which was my introduction to him as a 5 year old really watching hockey for the first time. He only spent 8 years in the NHL with Montreal before taking his talents back to Sweden. He then came back for one final NHL run with Boston, for some reason. I never understood that one.

The Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to *finally* select LW Mats Naslund.

img-491743-f.jpg

@Captain Dave Poulin, get to selectin'.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Here goes nothing,assuming these trash bag servers don’t shit the bed.

upload_2021-5-28_22-27-48.gif

{Time to play the game, heh heh, heh, TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!}

Hey, Jacksonville F-L-A, are you ready?
NO, I SAID,
upload_2021-5-28_22-28-33.gif

Then, for the dozens hitting the bong in this thread, and for the thousands, of stupid hockey players in the world, and for Vincent K McMahon who can kiss my ass...
upload_2021-5-28_22-28-55.gif

upload_2021-5-28_22-29-29.gif

WELCOME, TO THE JACKSONVILLE
METHGATORS, OUR #1 AND MOST NOTABLE FAN, THE LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF LEGENDARY LYNYRD SKYNYRD, MR GARY ROSSINGTON!!!!!!!
upload_2021-5-28_22-29-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-28_22-28-59.gif
    upload_2021-5-28_22-28-59.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad