NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – SUPER F***ING AMAZING PHASE TWENTY-FIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
"They paid Philadelphia
To list some f***ing slop"

1702473140865.png

@Hollywood Cannon has three.
@Asnito has three.
@Strawberry Fields has 12.

That's all. Just a reminder. If Joni Mitchell has taught us anything, it is this - if you don't regularly launder your beret, you will turn into a dandruffy, smelly old relic who makes everyone cross the road to get away from you. Don't let the Quackverse become a dandruffy, smelly old relic.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Damn, I wish someone tagged me or I would have made my picks sooner...

*ducks*

Alright so we're here to get this thing back on track.

We are first going to make our selection in the Team Century/Country category where we will be following some parts of the rules specifically. We mostly want to go for the appearance more then the vibes here. We're still going to have Vegas' charm and look but we're going to now combine it with another wild city that's in a desert. A little futuristic vibe but combined with Vegas' free for all nature we're really cooking. Next

We are proud to select Dubai (UAE) in the 21st century.

dubai-1.jpeg

Next we will turn our attention to Official Team Neighbor and select Cosmo Kramer. We want a wildcard as a neighbor who is going to barge in whenever he feels like and get us into wacky situations. That's the stuff that the Desert Ducks franchise thrives on. (Waiting on confirmation from Cap that this is a legitimate pick).

Cosmo_Kramer.jpeg

Finally we will select our Official Team Video Game Boss. We have talked about this guy before when we selected our Video Game II based around him somewhat and then the fact that we have the Halberd as our Medieval Weapon adds another level.

We're talking of course about Lu Bu. When you saw this guy coming at Hu Lao Gate it was time to turn around.

Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 12.37.50 PM.png

Thus concludes our Phase 25 that started one child and ended with two.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
BBQ FOOD ITEM- pulled pork. I was actually surprised it wasn't picked. It seems too good to be true, so if it's been taken elsewhere, let me know and I'll make a change.

CENTURY/COUNTRY- 19th century USA, because if it's good enough for Doc Brown (at least the last 15 years or so), it's good enough for me. (I should have KNOWN if ANYONE was gonna take 1st century Israel, it would be Bern!!)

DECADE/COUNTRY- 1950s, USA, which I've always kind of admired from a cultural standpoint (BTTF is the primary reason for that). Boy do I regret ****ing off for four months, because I deprived myself of having my pick of any of the last half of the 20th century, lol.

ENERGY DRINK-

NEIGHBOR- Ned Flanders. Not sure if he's eligible because I feel like someone else picked the Simpsons for another category three years ago, but I could vibe with him living next door.

PET- Perry the Platypus. No further explanation needed.

PRESIDENT OF HOCKEY OPS- "Hell Valley" Biff Tannen, the one that owns the whole town

ROBOT- Carl, from Meet the Robinsons. Because I ****ing love that movie.
Meet-the-robinsons_27046.jpg

VIDEO GAME BOSS-

VIDEO GAME SYSTEM- Game Boy Advance SP. Young SF's gaming method of choice (well, at least until I got my PS2).

WWII PLANE-

All unfilled ones will be chosen later today.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
BBQ FOOD ITEM- pulled pork. I was actually surprised it wasn't picked. It seems too good to be true, so if it's been taken elsewhere, let me know and I'll make a change.

CENTURY/COUNTRY- 19th century USA, because if it's good enough for Doc Brown (at least the last 15 years or so), it's good enough for me. (I should have KNOWN if ANYONE was gonna take 1st century Israel, it would be Bern!!)

DECADE/COUNTRY- 1950s, USA, which I've always kind of admired from a cultural standpoint (BTTF is the primary reason for that). Boy do I regret ****ing off for four months, because I deprived myself of having my pick of any of the last half of the 20th century, lol.

ENERGY DRINK-

NEIGHBOR- Ned Flanders. Not sure if he's eligible because I feel like someone else picked the Simpsons for another category three years ago, but I could vibe with him living next door.

PET- Perry the Platypus. No further explanation needed.

PRESIDENT OF HOCKEY OPS- "Hell Valley" Biff Tannen, the one that owns the whole town

ROBOT- Carl, from Meet the Robinsons. Because I ****ing love that movie.
View attachment 789187

VIDEO GAME BOSS-

VIDEO GAME SYSTEM- Game Boy Advance SP. Young SF's gaming method of choice (well, at least until I got my PS2).

WWII PLANE-

All unfilled ones will be chosen later today.

Nice one, bud. :thumbu:

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
ENERGY DRINK- Orange Gatorade, which sucks in general because it reminds me of puke bugs, but I don't really drink energy drinks and I didn't want to exert more energy looking for something else

WWII PLANE- Martin B-26 Marauder. I don't know jackshit about WWII planes and weapons and stuff, but it sounds cool enough.

VIDEO GAME BOSS- Bowser. He's a boss, isnt he? I've never played a Mario game. Hell, I really have never played any video games besides sports ones.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
@Strawberry Fields I think Ned Flanders is OK - I thought "The Simpsons" was chosen too, but I don't see them.

The only thing you are missing is Team Detective.

It's great to have you back.
I think I put Eddie Valiant from Roger Rabbit as my detective. Could be wrong though. He is my choice regardless, though if he doesn't fit for whatever reason let me know and I can pick a new one.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Really sorry guys. I will make my picks today. If it's alright, I might actually make some of my picks now and think about the rest of the ones that are "less obvious" to me. Plus it will give me a nice excuse to slink away from the extended family get together today.

Some picks incoming soon, and 1001 pardons for the holdup.
Welcome back

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Really sorry guys. I will make my picks today. If it's alright, I might actually make some of my picks now and think about the rest of the ones that are "less obvious" to me. Plus it will give me a nice excuse to slink away from the extended family get together today.

Hope you're feeling better!

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

You get 1002 and pardons from me bud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad