GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2020- VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
It has not stopped his team acquiring the number 1 deeman. The Vegas GM also made 2 trades and signed 4 guys in the last 2 days said that. Sweeney who has 11 million to explore a way to make his team better has made 3 moves total.

I agree with you. I'm just sharing what he said. Maybe that's why he only got a 3rd round pick.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I agree with you. I'm just sharing what he said. Maybe that's why he only got a 3rd round pick.
Yeah, true but I have no clue why we could not beat that. I only want one top 4 left deeman. Stick with the kids on the forward group. Seems Sweeney does not want to spend the money or is not allowed too this time around.

Reactions: Bodit9

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
don rather hold onto that 3rd and move that with a first for a rental.

LOLOLOLOLOL! Wait, there is some truth to that...

tenor.gif

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Apparently is the Vegas GM, McCrimmon, said the trade market is gridlocked due to the flat cap.

Seems to be more than a few deals made the past couple days.

And Bruins have a fair amount of cap space. They could afford Schmidt.

Maybe it meant moving Gryz to afford Schmidt. Well then still seems like a smart move. Gryz whether they settle before the hearing or accept the award, is probably getting around 3 million per. I'd much rather a legit No.2 D-man in Schmidt at 6 million than a guy who may only be a No.4/5 in Gryz at 3 million.

Say you trade a 2nd for Schmidt, then move Gryz for a 2nd or 3rd, your still upgrading your team for next to nothing.

It's the same as his rational for not contacting the Pietrangelo camp. He basically said he didn't see the fit with the current RD on the Bruins. Huh? WTF is that? If, if, you can convince Pietrangelo to come here, all of sudden you have a 24-year old Carlo you can move to acquire assets, further deepening your organization. I don't believe Sweeney is moronic enough to believe the logic of what he said on Saturday. He does think the Bruins fans are dumb enough to believe it. If that's his thought process he shouldn't be anywhere near a NHL GMs chair.

They just aren't interested in spending the money to upgrade the D. They had no interest in Pietrangelo, they had no interest in Schmidt. Sweney has his "plan" and it doesn't involve bringing any D-men in.

And their "offer" for OEL was most likely for show, same as their 3-year offer to Hall and their 2-year offer for Dadonov. There is a reason they went hard after the "value" signing of Craig Smith.

Does Sweeney and his cronies know something the rest of the league doesn't regarding the cap moving forward? Maybe he got wind of something from Jacobs and much like their 2004-05 lockout plan (that backfired BTW) they are working on some assumptions that we aren't privy to.

Reactions: Gordoff

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
When do you want to provide a chance for Vaaka or Zboril? When they are 30?

Its time to let these former 1st round picks get their chances

Bruins D core will be fine. Without Chara and Krug, it will be much more mobile in general
Possibly never if they don’t earn it. They aren’t entitled to looks

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don’t think we are going to be happy with the rest of this offseason. Prolly resign RFAs who they have. Poor Chara.

I’m okay with letting the kids play. But I am
not okay with middling. If you are going to rebuild, freaking rebuild.

Your either selling winning, or your selling hope.

What the Bruins are selling to the fans right now is purgatory.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Don't hold your breath.
If he's not giving a 3rd for a top 4 in a trade, he's not giving 1sts sand 2nds on a sheet.

True Although id give up 1-2 and a 3rd for 22 year-old Pierre Luc Dubois and 23 year-old Barzal in a Nano second and Id offer sheet sergachev just to play hard ball with Tampa.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Glad I woke up to f***ing nothing by Sweeney again.
Schmidt dealt for 3rd, we really couldn't beat that?
Hall 8 million for 1 year, we got what 14 million in cap space? Cant beat that.
Toffoli gone for 40 f***ing bucks.

Cant get any worse right? There's no 3rd Ritchie

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Sounds like a crap shoot and Dadonov's numbers not with Huberdeau and Barkov sucked. Sounds like a third line.

I'd say Dadonov's best fit with the Bruins would be with Marchand and Bergeron. All that does is create a logjam at RW as you'd also have Pastrnak, Kase, Smith, and Wagner, and leaves a question mark for the left side. Kase apparently can play either wing, but I've never seen him play LW.

Either way, I wouldn't be shocked if Sweeney doesn't sign Dadonov.

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
Seems to be more than a few deals made the past couple days.

And Bruins have a fair amount of cap space. They could afford Schmidt.

Maybe it meant moving Gryz to afford Schmidt. Well then still seems like a smart move. Gryz whether they settle before the hearing or accept the award, is probably getting around 3 million per. I'd much rather a legit No.2 D-man in Schmidt at 6 million than a guy who may only be a No.4/5 in Gryz at 3 million.

Say you trade a 2nd for Schmidt, then move Gryz for a 2nd or 3rd, your still upgrading your team for next to nothing.

It's the same as his rational for not contacting the Pietrangelo camp. He basically said he didn't see the fit with the current RD on the Bruins. Huh? WTF is that? If, if, you can convince Pietrangelo to come here, all of sudden you have a 24-year old Carlo you can move to acquire assets, further deepening your organization. I don't believe Sweeney is moronic enough to believe the logic of what he said on Saturday. He does think the Bruins fans are dumb enough to believe it. If that's his thought process he shouldn't be anywhere near a NHL GMs chair.

They just aren't interested in spending the money to upgrade the D. They had no interest in Pietrangelo, they had no interest in Schmidt. Sweney has his "plan" and it doesn't involve bringing any D-men in.

And their "offer" for OEL was most likely for show, same as their 3-year offer to Hall and their 2-year offer for Dadonov. There is a reason they went hard after the "value" signing of Craig Smith.

Does Sweeney and his cronies know something the rest of the league doesn't regarding the cap moving forward? Maybe he got wind of something from Jacobs and much like their 2004-05 lockout plan (that backfired BTW) they are working on some assumptions that we aren't privy to.

sopranos.png

Reactions: BruinDust
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad