GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2020- VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHockey14

Mar 7, 2008
CT
Back to the Hall thing.

OK, so assuming he made a 3-year offer to Hall (I think he did), and Hall declined. Is there a rule preventing Sweeney from asking Hall's camp what it is he's looking for? Isn't that what a negotiation is? If the 3-year offer was basically a take it or leave it, is Sweeney naive enough to think that would entice Hall to sign in Boston? Did Sweeney even ask the Hall camp what they are after in regards to term? Would he actually be adverse to a 1-year deal (why the heck would he?)?

Whether it's Krug, or Chara, or Miller, or Hall, or a 2-year offer to Dadonov, or not even reaching out to Pietrangelo, and now Schmidt. Something doesn't add up here.
I don’t know. Do you? That’s my point

I have no idea how to embed a video but Taylor hall said “It’s a situation where you go in and improvement is going to be seen as a positive thing. That’s a good situation to go into. Sometimes if you go to the best team in the league and they don’t do well it’s seen as a disappointing thing.”

Hell yea it’s disappointing. That’s part of the deal. He didn’t want it. That’s not someone you win with. Was he talking specifically about Boston? I don’t know. But it didn’t sound like a Sweeney thing to me

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I think it’s less of a problem than you think.

A) I think he’s only been full time for two years, one of which is this shortened season

B) his injuries are basically a shot to the face and a dirty hit to the head that got the offender 3 games. It would be one thing if it was a shoulder or a wrist or a reoccurring groin but I’m willing to take the risk with that track record

CDJ, you seem really high on him so I'm going to take your word on it that he would be worth it as a top four LHD. You seem to know him well and think he is a solution. Thanks for the insight.

Helsinki city boy

Jun 2, 2019
Helsinki
Hall wanted to have place in the first line and in Avs and Bruins couldnt promise him that. My guess is that he wanted to have short term and place in the top line to get back to the scoresheet and get back to the Hart mode and cash after the season. Now with Buffalo he will be playing top minutes with Eichel.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
CDJ, you seem really high on him so I'm going to take your word on it that he would be worth it as a top four LHD. You seem to know him well and think he is a solution. Thanks for the insight.

he will get here and immediately play his way into being a healthy scratch within 15 games, as is tradition

I also found a better injury tracker than I had found before and the initial one didn’t cover a mysterious upper body injury he missed time with :huh:

I do like that the panthers were giving him almost 23 min a game these playoffs

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don’t know. Do you? That’s my point

I have no idea how to embed a video but Taylor hall said “It’s a situation where you go in and improvement is going to be seen as a positive thing. That’s a good situation to go into. Sometimes if you go to the best team in the league and they don’t do well it’s seen as a disappointing thing.”

Hell yea it’s disappointing. That’s part of the deal. He didn’t want it. That’s not someone you win with. Was he talking specifically about Boston? I don’t know. But it didn’t sound like a Sweeney thing to me

Honestly I don't believe a single word that comes out of Taylor Halls mouth.

But your spot on, he's not someone you win with.

Reactions: BAD BOY and Gordoff

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Rumours rumours give me some rumours!

Why? They are never right. They are agents purposely leaking to media guys to drive up prices and get clicks on links. That's it. No one has been right this off-season at all because GM's stopped sharing.

Look at the top ten trade and top ten UFA list from TSN and the 'Insiders'. It's all pure guessing work and no one knows anything except what an agent wants to leak when an offer is on the table to drive up prices so he gets a bigger cut.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
cant beat tampa on ice, so lets try beating them off ice.

1) offer sheet sergachev - 7.75 million, 7 years (clearly tampa will match, if not will cost the Bruins a 1st/2nd/3rd)

the next day

2) offer sheet Erik Cernak , 4 million, 4-5 years, tampa may or may not match, will cost Bruins one second rd pick.

the day after that

3) offer sheet Anthony Cirelli , 5.75 million, 5 years, if tampa does not match, you have your second line center for next several years and it costs you a 1st rd pick + 3rd

tampa can take their no tax state advantage and shove it.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I'm starting to wonder if they are even all that interested in bringing in players with any sort of term to Boston.

It's like they have some sort of secret plan moving forward, and they don't want anyone (well as few as possible) under contract past 2022-23. Right now only Marchand and Coyle are signed past that season. Pastrnak is a UFA the summer of 2023. There is something were not seeing here Coach P.

I'm starting to think that as well.

That, or he is going to offersheet someone or has a trade for a top line winger lined up. Those are the only to ways they can save the core for 1-2 more runs. Everything else patchwork and falling further and further behind.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
he will get here and immediately play his way into being a healthy scratch within 15 games, as is tradition

I also found a better injury tracker than I had found before and the initial one didn’t cover a mysterious upper body injury he missed time with :huh:

I do like that the panthers were giving him almost 23 min a game these playoffs

Haha, don't tell me that. You just sold many people on him and I'm deferring to you as the insight on this guy. Florida fan came here with some pretty harsh criticism but also reason for optimism so I'll take your insight as the one to go with.

Reactions: CDJ

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'm starting to think that as well.

That, or he is going to offersheet someone or has a trade for a top line winger lined up. Those are the only to ways they can save the core for 1-2 more runs. Everything else patchwork and falling further and further behind.

I do not see no offer sheet or big trade by this GM.His history directly contradicts this type move.The Reilly Smith for Jimmy Hayes move comes to mind though.Jesus that was bad.

Reactions: Gordoff

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
cant beat tampa on ice, so lets try beating them off ice.

1) offer sheet sergachev - 7.75 million, 7 years (clearly tampa will match, if not will cost the Bruins a 1st/2nd/3rd)

the next day

2) offer sheet Erik Cernak , 4 million, 4-5 years, tampa may or may not match, will cost Bruins one second rd pick.

the day after that

3) offer sheet Anthony Cirelli , 5.75 million, 5 years, if tampa does not match, you have your second line center for next several years and it costs you a 1st rd pick + 3rd

tampa can take their no tax state advantage and shove it.

Diabolical , I love it.

Reactions: mflo77

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
the entire article is based off of a false notion that Jacobs doesn’t spend. That may have been true in the past but that hasn’t been true for awhile

I do not write em I just read em lol .It does though show that fans are growing frustrated with lack of activity I guess.Hopefully they add some legit help.

Reactions: CDJ

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Then trade Krejci for futures and let Studnicka play #3C.

That would be fine... but Krejci is not in demand. Just like Getzlaf and other older vets with higher price tags are not

Krejci has another good year left in him. Let him finish out his contract... unless things change by the trade deadline

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Hall wanted to have place in the first line and in Avs and Bruins couldnt promise him that. My guess is that he wanted to have short term and place in the top line to get back to the scoresheet and get back to the Hart mode and cash after the season. Now with Buffalo he will be playing top minutes with Eichel.
I think its something to do with the coach. He has some great relationship with him.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Back to the Hall thing.

OK, so assuming he made a 3-year offer to Hall (I think he did), and Hall declined. Is there a rule preventing Sweeney from asking Hall's camp what it is he's looking for? Isn't that what a negotiation is? If the 3-year offer was basically a take it or leave it, is Sweeney naive enough to think that would entice Hall to sign in Boston? Did Sweeney even ask the Hall camp what they are after in regards to term? Would he actually be adverse to a 1-year deal (why the heck would he?)?

Whether it's Krug, or Chara, or Miller, or Hall, or a 2-year offer to Dadonov, or not even reaching out to Pietrangelo, and now Schmidt. Something doesn't add up here.

Another guess is that Hall though would have been paid the highest...but play on the 2nd line alongside Krejci. Maybe even 2nd fiddle on the PP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad