GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2020- VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He also actively tried not filling it, if we're lead to believe Krug when he said the Bruins were pretty much silent on the negotiations front for most the year.

They made an offer for OEL just a week ago or so, right? Was that not trying to get a quality LD in? Not Sweeney's fault if AZ asked for way too much there. As for Krug, whatever really happened there-inconsistencies abound- they DID make him a fair offer to extend and he didn't want know about it. So if Krug decides to take his chances elsewhere to score the payday he felt he deserved, why is that on Sweeney? Krug could have been locked up for 6 years at good pay for what he brings going into this season.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Good place for my final, final, final sign-off.

Sweeney has cap space to add either a Top 6 LW or a Top 4 LD this offseason, but I can't see how he can afford both without more bodies than just John Moore going the other way. If he can add one or the other, I'd considered that a fairly decent off-season. Will be interesting as well to see if he does anything to alleviate the roster-size crunch he appears to have, especially up front where there are legit 17-18 guys vying for 13-14 spots.

Take care folks! I'll see you around again I'm sure.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
@BruinDust thread got locked haha!

I do wonder too if there was a decision at some point to go with Zboril and Lauzon on the left along with Gryz and Moore and see how it goes. I know a lot of people will hate that idea if it happens, but it is a legit decision that a GM could make and if it doesn't go well, there is always the trade market. I myself don't hate it, really. I'd prefer they brought someone in, but if not, this could be okay. Time to see if the draft and development model has been any good.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

I do wonder too if there was a decision at some point to go with Zboril and Lauzon on the left along with Gryz and Moore and see how it goes. I know a lot of people will hate that idea if it happens, but it is a legit decision that a GM could make and if it doesn't go well, there is always the trade market. I myself don't hate it, really. I'd prefer they brought someone in, but if not, this could be okay. Time to see if the draft and development model has been any good.
I'd package lauzon zboril senyshyn and a 1st round pick for oel.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So if they are going to go with Zboril Lauzon on the left side with Gryz and Moore as your spare/insurance, then the Miller signing makes more sense (if he is healthy and can actually play) so you have he and Cliffy in the 3rd pair RD. Okay, fair enough, Don. Now go sign a top 6 wing.

Reactions: hrdpuk

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

So with just a few years left of our core, it's okay that our GM decides that 2/3 of the left side of our defense can be two unproven rookies? And this is also okay in the wake of getting eaten alive in our end zone by our division rival, who won the Cup?

That's a "legit" decision a GM can make? I suppose if he felt this team, coming off a President's Cup Trophy, was worthy of a crap effort by their GM, then sure, it's legit.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'd package lauzon zboril senyshyn and a 1st round pick for oel.

AZ doesn't want that Don. If that is what it took, he'd probably be here by now. They want a TOP prospect, so read: Studnicka, A young roster player (Lauzon is probably not it- think JDB), and 1st and a 2nd, and dammit they have to retain and they won't. Maybe they sing a different tune once the season starts. Senyshyn and Zboril have no trade value right now to land a top player.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Moving Bjork, Ritchie, and Moore would free up $5.8M in cap space. Probably enough to sign another winger. That would leave around $11M to sign DeBrusk, Grzelckyk, and Chara.

Reactions: bbfan419

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
After scrolling through the last 20 pages, I see this is still a disfunctional support group eh.... Biggest rumour is if we sign Chara.... Sad day.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So with just a few years left of our core, it's okay that our GM decides that 2/3 of the left side of our defense can be two unproven rookies? And this is also okay in the wake of getting eaten alive in our end zone by our division rival, who won the Cup?

That's a "legit" decision a GM can make? I suppose if he felt this team, coming off a President's Cup Trophy, was worthy of a crap effort by their GM, then sure, it's legit.

Yep, it is. You don't like it, you don't have to like it, and I even stated that many wouldn't, but I don't mind it too much. But to each their own. If that is how it plays out, then I will reserve judgement until I see how the team plays.

Reactions: Carlon Brando

bruinsfan

Aug 2, 2005
They made an offer for OEL just a week ago or so, right? Was that not trying to get a quality LD in? Not Sweeney's fault if AZ asked for way too much there. As for Krug, whatever really happened there-inconsistencies abound- they DID make him a fair offer to extend and he didn't want know about it. So if Krug decides to take his chances elsewhere to score the payday he felt he deserved, why is that on Sweeney? Krug could have been locked up for 6 years at good pay for what he brings going into this season.
I guess my problem is, no matter what, he had all year to negotiate with Krug and from the sounds of it he didn't. Surely he must of knew long before Free Agency Krug was not signing with the Bruins. That being said he decided to sit and wait to see if Krug would circle back and what we see now is a GM as far as I can tell with no plan to replace him.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Good place for my final, final, final sign-off.

Sweeney has cap space to add either a Top 6 LW or a Top 4 LD this offseason, but I can't see how he can afford both without more bodies than just John Moore going the other way. If he can add one or the other, I'd considered that a fairly decent off-season. Will be interesting as well to see if he does anything to alleviate the roster-size crunch he appears to have, especially up front where there are legit 17-18 guys vying for 13-14 spots.

Take care folks! I'll see you around again I'm sure.
I was wondering what Brett Favre was up to nowadays

Reactions: BruinDust

Fair Warning

Nov 15, 2006
Grafton, MA

I’d argue there isn’t even a “few” years left for this core — this is the last year. Chara is unknown, tough to say if Rask will re-sign here, and I don’t think Krejci stays. With a 35+ year old Bergeron at that point, we could be in for a tough couple of years soon.

Which begs the question — do you go for it all this year, in an environment in which we don’t even know if/when the season will start? That’s what owners are probably asking themselves.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Make it stop, please
upload_2020-10-12_12-30-26.gif

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
So if they are going to go with Zboril Lauzon on the left side with Gryz and Moore as your spare/insurance, then the Miller signing makes more sense (if he is healthy and can actually play) so you have he and Cliffy in the 3rd pair RD. Okay, fair enough, Don. Now go sign a top 6 wing.

You know what I think happens if they go that route? They sign Chara 'just in case" and you know what happens if they do that? Coach uses him as 1st pairing LD . Is that what we wanna see? Not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad