NHL Eying 4 Cities To Resume Play In? Edmonton? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
They have museums, night shows, Grand Canyon tours. Great buffets and restaurants oops.
If everyone involved is supposedly isolated during the playoffs, why does it matter what happens outside their little cocoon? They will never see the light of day until their team is eliminated.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Horgan and Kenney are starting to remind of two brothers who want to ask out the same girl to the dance
Just make the two hub cities Edmonton and Vancouver. Problem solved. Honestly. These two cities should check every box and once the initial 14 day quarantine is up coming into Canada quarantines no longer become an issue.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
If everyone involved is supposedly isolated during the playoffs, why does it matter what happens outside their little cocoon? They will never see the light of day until their team is eliminated.

Supposedly they will be arranging golf outings, etc for the teams.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Supposedly they will be arranging golf outings, etc for the teams.
So much for the isolation, etc they were promising. Cracks appearing all over this plan. Everyone else stay home and inside. But the privileged get to go out and do whatever they want.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The statement was golf, ETC. What does that mean? We have golf here. The ETC part in Vegas can be much different than it is here.

Team wins in Vegas - Night out at Spearmint Rhino

Team wins in Edm - Night out at Chez Pierre

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
So much for the isolation, etc they were promising. Cracks appearing all over this plan. Everyone else stay home and inside. But the privileged get to go out and do whatever they want.

The golf course would be secured for only the players and I assume quarantined staff to use. Edmonton's bid also involved a outdoor movie theater. I'm sure they will have other outdoor options but they will all be inside of their bubble.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

???? :huh:

You’ve been able to golf for a month. The stay inside orders have been obsolete since Phase 2 was announced. Have you not watched the news or ventured past your front door for the past month?

Reactions: KYams17 and Yeah15

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Edmonton's pitch included golf and other activities for the players that would only be open to the NHL. I suspect Vegas would be working with all sorts of companies and attractions to try do the same thing.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
a Vancouver reporter is also reporting it wil be Vegas for the western teams

I wouldn't be surprised if it is Vegas and Toronto. The NHL owes Vegas and this is their repayment, giving Vegas literally home ice advantage. And we all know the NHL suckles on the Toronto teet given any opportunity and will want the Leaftard fanbase revenue with the Leafs home ice advantage. I would not be surprised the Leafs get favourable reffing the entire way as the NHL needs the Leafs revenue streams more than the Leafs need the NHL right now.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I wonder if the Oilers will hold camp in Bakersfield or something like that so players do not have to quarantine. Especially if the games are going to be in Vegas, get the players acclimatized to playing in a hair dryer.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I wouldn't be surprised if it is Vegas and Toronto. The NHL owes Vegas and this is their repayment, giving Vegas literally home ice advantage. And we all know the NHL suckles on the Toronto teet given any opportunity and will want the Leaftard fanbase revenue with the Leafs home ice advantage. I would not be surprised the Leafs get favourable reffing the entire way as the NHL needs the Leafs revenue streams more than the Leafs need the NHL right now.
Why does the NHL owe Vegas? I've seen you post this a few times and I assume it's in reference to the playoffs last year. It was a shit call, but for the love of God an NHL team should not give up that many goals on a PP.

Vegas should be happy that the expansion draft was set up to give them a competitive team out of the gate. Look at Ottawa, Anaheim, Florida, Columbus and Minnesota's inaugural rosters. Plus they didn't have extra 1st rounders from teams making side deals.

I get why the league would push for Vegas and Toronto. I don't like it, but I understand. There's obviously some big money involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln