U18: Czech U18 team 2024

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Uuf we made it and semis suddenly seem very possible. I was really pissed before the OT because Swedes were basically serving us the game in the third and we again failed in the finishing badly.

But overall good game and finally this team showed its strength and played on the level its supposed to. I would say we were better then Swedes majority of the game and deserved that W. Shame we complicated the things for ourselves this much, but it doesnt mattter in the end.

What I am bit worried about is Benak. He should be our main offensive thread, but he is kinda invisible and that penalty shot in the 3rd period was pathetic. On the other hand that one in the SO was great. But still I expected him being more dominant and chasing for the top 10 even top 5 in tournament scoring. I kinda feel his form is declining the whole season sadly. Hope he can turn it around, causse right now I am not sure if he is 1st round material.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Considering the number of our chances, a well-deserved victory. I thought that the failure to convert the chances would have to take its toll on us.
Yesterday I wrote that I wanted it to be exciting until the end. It filled out perfectly..

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Considering the number of our chances, a well-deserved victory. I thought that the failure to convert the chances would have to take its toll on us.
Yesterday I wrote that I wanted it to be exciting until the end. It filled out perfectly..
I would prefer more steady end of the game with us leading 3:1 .. was os pissed when Swedes scored 2:2 cause I thought we completely threw the game away ... luckily not and even after that equalizer we were better .. a well deserved W

Reactions: Goodman68

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Uuf we made it and semis suddenly seem very possible. I was really pissed before the OT because Swedes were basically serving us the game in the third and we again failed in the finishing badly.

But overall good game and finally this team showed its strength and played on the level its supposed to. I would say we were better then Swedes majority of the game and deserved that W. Shame we complicated the things for ourselves this much, but it doesnt mattter in the end.

What I am bit worried about is Benak. He should be our main offensive thread, but he is kinda invisible and that penalty shot in the 3rd period was pathetic. On the other hand that one in the SO was great. But still I expected him being more dominant and chasing for the top 10 even top 5 in tournament scoring. I kinda feel his form is declining the whole season sadly. Hope he can turn it around, causse right now I am not sure if he is 1st round material.
Why did Benak take the penalty shot instead of Curran who draw this penalty?
I appreciate benak's work ethic, he has a lot of good chance… But, he needs to prove more

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Why did Benak take the penalty shot instead of Curran who draw this penalty?
I appreciate benak's work ethic, he has a lot of good chance… But, he needs to prove more
Dont understand that also, such important moment of the game and you send a guy who is completely struggling to score right now. But that SO goal was great.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
So we beat the Swiss and the Swedes. 5 years ago this was highly unlikely to do both. We have made the quarters. We will avoid the US (and Canada and Sweden) in the Quarters.

It's going f***en great!

Milota looked great. His backup looked great against Canada too. Our D have been active and look solid. Galvas was flying out there!

Our forwards got so many good chances. I thought the Swede goalie was outstanding in the third! It was the guys I want getting the looks too.. Curran, Benak, Titlbach all had glorious chances.

Agree Benak needs to bury more but we have played Swiss, Canada and Sweden - those aren't the best teams to run scores up on.lol Benak is leading team in minutes and doing very well. But yes, more points please.

Very happy! I will repeat, I like this roster and I think they'll make the semi's. And I wrote that after and during the Canada loss!lol

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Looking at it.. we can't even get Finland in the most likely outcomes. Latvia would have to beat the US and are down 3-0 right now. So our quarters has a 80% or greater chance of not being Finland, Sweden, Canada or the US! Today's win is huge.

Also, we already have more wins than last year!lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So we beat the Swiss and the Swedes. 5 years ago this was highly unlikely to do both. We have made the quarters. We will avoid the US (and Canada and Sweden) in the Quarters.

It's going f***en great!

Milota looked great. His backup looked great against Canada too. Our D have been active and look solid. Galvas was flying out there!

Our forwards got so many good chances. I thought the Swede goalie was outstanding in the third! It was the guys I want getting the looks too.. Curran, Benak, Titlbach all had glorious chances.

Agree Benak needs to bury more but we have played Swiss, Canada and Sweden - those aren't the best teams to run scores up on.lol Benak is leading team in minutes and doing very well. But yes, more points please.

Very happy! I will repeat, I like this roster and I think they'll make the semi's. And I wrote that after and during the Canada loss!lol
You were right and I am glad. Was pleasantly surprised today, or maybe not surprised as in not disappointed any more. Was really pissed till now, cause the game with Canada was nowhere near of what this team is capable of.

Glad they finally showed strength today. We were better and we deserved to win.

Benak doesn't need bury more, he needs to bury anything lol. Sure we had three tough games. But still big fat 0 on his account is way below expectation.

Reactions: Czechboy

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I´ve expected WAY more from Benák, on the other hand Galvas is absolute stud, never seen czech D this creative i think he goes late 1st, he is like smaller Adam Jiříček without defensive brain farts. Jecho, that high skilled big winger would be great partner to Slafkovský in Montreal definitely has potential! :naughty:

Reactions: Czechboy

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I´ve expected WAY more from Benák, on the other hand Galvas is absolute stud, never seen czech D this creative i think he goes late 1st, he is like smaller Adam Jiříček without defensive brain farts. Jecho, that high skilled big winger would be great partner to Slafkovský in Montreal definitely has potential! :naughty:
Tomáš Galvas is a great prospect, was playing at the U20 WJC already and was pretty impressive there, especially considering his age.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
One guy that has stood out for me as a pleasant surprise is Sikora.. he's been great. Lots of.moxy!

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Ok.. watched period 1 and 2... I thought that was an exceptional performance. We were 0 and 4 against them this year. They are amazing at the U18s. Very happy. We got so many chances... We were all over the place and played a really nice game to watch. This is the polar opposite of last year! If you are unhappy.. I say watch some games from last year.lol. This was great!

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Dont understand that also, such important moment of the game and you send a guy who is completely struggling to score right now. But that SO goal was great.
I'm not sure the rule. Shouldn't a penalty shot be taken by the person who draw the penalty? Or coach could choose who to take it?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It’s nice to see the Czechs are back as a good international hockey country at the junior level. The wins over the usual suspects are less surprising the more they keep happening.

Hopefully it translates to better draft results in due course.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
It’s nice to see the Czechs are back as a good international hockey country at the junior level. The wins over the usual suspects are less surprising the more they keep happening.

I would not say we are completely back, but we are getting there and the draft years 06 and forth sure look very promising.

Hopefully it will translate also into the NHL and senior nt in a few years.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
We shall see...
5:0 we got milion PP, 5/3 .. 5min PP .. didnt score once so far I am sorry, but this really doesnt seem encouraging at all

Canada really gave us more then enough chances to bounce back in this game considering how the start went, and we did absolutely nothing with it.

I wish I am wrong of course, but something is off with this team. Looks like one more W against Kazaks and then QF loss. Hope not, just saying what it is
2-2 right now so maybe we won't even beat Kazakhistan!

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Looks like about 3 good years right now for us... not Big 5 good but better than our normal selves good. I think 12 get drafted this year. Really curious how it goes.

Reactions: WarriorofTime

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Deservedly. Go to the anus. Total underestimation of the opponent at the end of the first period when we got him into the game. This team does not deserve to play in the semi-finals. We are incredible fools and we are for laughs.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Now that was something.lol Just lost an easier quarter to pick up a very hard one vs US or Finland. What a f*** up! Kazakhs first ever win at this level.lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad