NHL entry draft

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Preds are going to gorge on dmen tomorrow.

the ONLY ONLY guy I could see as a forward going to Nashville is Thomas Bourdeleau. Yes, related to that guy.

Last edited:

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I feel like to a lot of people the mid first through the 2nd round is pretty interchangeable. Don't really know much about who's available but I wouldn't mind drafting some D-men with our success rate in the 2nd. BPA as long as it's not goalie though. ;)

nashpreds

Sep 13, 2008
Toronto
Well, not entirely thrilled with today from Poile, but I do think Askarov will be a future top 10 goaltender. However, looking forward to tomorrow, there's a whole bunch of talent still available.

Forwards:

Noel Gunler
Jan Mysak (still my personal favourite pick for our first 2nd rounder)
John-Jason Peterka
Thomas Bordeleau
Marat Khusnutdinov
Vasiliy Ponomarev
Martin Chromiak
Sam Colangelo
Zion Nybeck?

Defensemen:

William Wallinder (top of my list in terms of defensemen)
Helge Grans
Jeremie Poirier
Roni Hirvonen
Ryan O'Rourke
Topi Niemela
Lukas Cormier
Emil Andrae

Really good opportunity to come out of the 2nd round with a potential top 6 forward and top 4 defenseman. Can't wait to see what happens

Reactions: Scoresberg

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I feel like to a lot of people the mid first through the 2nd round is pretty interchangeable. Don't really know much about who's available but I wouldn't mind drafting some D-men with our success rate in the 2nd. BPA as long as it's not goalie though. ;)

William Wallinder: HUGE lefty from Sweden
Helge Grans: Huge righty from Finland
Ryan O'Rouke: Big Lefty from Canada

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
sorry, tired and the whole 'dealing with my own problems.' I did not see the joke. (also, I'm a friggin Red Sox fan, have you seen my team?)
I am watching baseball right now and it sounded like a baseball bullpen line up.
Red Sox have had a pretty good run so a few lean years won’t be that bad.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I’m excited for weekday draft tomorrow. Will be fun to pop on and watch videos of our new prospects throughout the day.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I'm not thrilled with taking a goalie, but it seems that almost everyone outside of Nashville loves this pick, so I'm willing to wait and see with him.

Also since he won't be here for at least 3-4 years, that gives us plenty of time to see if Saros (or Ingram) is going to be "the guy". And if neither is, then we possibly already have the next one in line without having to go a few years of searching for a stop-gap until we do trade/draft/develop one.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I am watching baseball right now and it sounded like a baseball bullpen line up.
Red Sox have had a pretty good run so a few lean years won’t be that bad.

As a Red Sox/Pats fan, we were due.

OK, just went to elite prospects... At 18 friggin years old, SV% of .974 in 3 games so far. and a GAA of .74. I know it the KHL where scoring is on par with a HS chess club but Jesus.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
As a Red Sox/Pats fan, we were due.

OK, just went to elite prospects... At 18 friggin years old, SV% of .974 in 3 games so far. and a GAA of .74. I know it the KHL where scoring is on par with a HS chess club but Jesus.
I thought the Russian league was more high scoring with little Defense being played. You can understand where The 1st round goalie and Russian thing has a lot of us spooked with this pick. Plus with what I saw of him a the World Jr’s I already thought he was way overrated and hyped and Poile has lost some of his draft magic recently it seems.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I thought the Russian league was more high scoring with little Defense being played. You can understand where The 1st round goalie and Russian thing has a lot of us spooked with this pick. Plus Poile has lost some of his draft magic recently it seems.

Has it or has the roster gotten better? Remember, the first 5-7 years were expansion years

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I really dislike drafting a goalie that high, but I think it's more that this team just makes me sad. We've majorly regressed, our roster is looking a fair bit worse than prior seasons (which already were trending the wrong way). I think we're basically a #7/#8 seed again going forward and our contracts and roster make-up (and probably financial constraints) offer no way to significantly change that.

A 1st round goalie that is at least 2-3 years away (even if he does pan out) is just the icing on the cake. I know few players still on the board would habe been any different, I guess I was just foolishly hoping for...something drastically hopeful for the here and now.
Yep even if he does well we just drafted a guy for a core that will be ready to be put out to pasture.

We should just go ahead and rebuild now so everything lines up.

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
This is awesome. If we dont do a rebuild we get to be the Habs in a few years. Franchise goalie with nothing else. Has worked out well for them.

Having a real hard time figuring out what the plan for this team is right now. Roster is too bad to contend short term and we basically have no exciting skating prospects to look forward to.

Hopefully the next couple of days will provide some answers.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
There's some really good prospects available early in Round 2. I'd like to go with a forward and a defenseman. Some names that stand out to me:

Forwards:
  • Noel Gunler
  • Sam Colangelo
  • Jan Mysak
  • Maxim Groshev
  • Thomas Bordeleau
  • Marat Khusnutdinov
Defensemen:
  • William Wallinder
  • Helge Grans
  • Ryan O'Rourke
  • Jeremie Poirier

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
So for the last few months I’ve read that this was one of the deepest drafts at the forward position in recent memory. I read that the 11th pick could very well be a top 5 forward in other drafts. So what does a gm do? He drafts position that I feel was a position of strength. As much people wanna disagree saros and Ingram has the potential to be really good goalies if not all star goalies. Ingram was just one of the best goalies in the ahl at 22. We did not need another goalie prospect no matter how good he is, we need potential all star forwards. But let’s be honest what did we expect from a guy that hasn’t drafted a good forward in years. If poile was in a big hockey market he would of been fired a while ago for some of his questionable decisions he’s made the last few years. But the homer’s will defend him no matter what when they know deep inside that a goalie wasn’t the position that needed to address the most.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Didn't feel like staying up last night so caught the draft this morning.

I got really excited when Rossi started falling and really hoped he'd fall to us but that said I am really happy with Askarov. He was the last one available out of the 11 players in the first tier of players so I feel like Poile did the right thing by picking BPA.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I get bitching about the pick but the fact is, we were drafting outside the top-10 and all the top forward prospects had gone before us. It's not like there were any surefire prospects who can immediately help our franchise left.

The best forward prospects left were Lundell, who's ceiling is a defensive 2C in the NHL and Jarvis who's one of the biggest boom or bust prospects in the 1st round and with our history of developing skilled forwards I'm not sold on we could've turned him into a steal in this draft.

With the 11th pick, we took the best player and the most secure prospect available and I'm happy about it. We're set in goal for the next 15 years.

Reactions: kp61c

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
There's some really good prospects available early in Round 2. I'd like to go with a forward and a defenseman. Some names that stand out to me:

Forwards:
  • Noel Gunler
  • Sam Colangelo
  • Jan Mysak
  • Maxim Groshev
  • Thomas Bordeleau
  • Marat Khusnutdinov
Defensemen:
  • William Wallinder
  • Helge Grans
  • Ryan O'Rourke
  • Jeremie Poirier

Great list. Would be happy with either O'Rourke or Grans. Don't know much about Poirier. Cormier is another interesting defenseman.

Out of the forwards Khusnutdinov is the most interesting one to me. Gunler I feel like would end up being Kevin Fiala'd. I feel like either Ty Smilanic or Thomas Bordeleau will be our token National Team pick this year.

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
With the 11th pick, we took the best player and the most secure prospect available and I'm happy about it. We're set in goal for the next 15 years.

Unless he busts, goes to the KHL or Trump and Putin decide to go at it

Joke aside, I get your point and you may ofcourse be right. But still, there are plenty of #11 picks that have turned into very good offensive players, Forsberg being one of them. As this is supposed to be a very deep draft year one also could think that the chance would be good to hit something nicer than usual.

I will enjoy having him and look forward to watching him put the preds jersey on. As long as we dont turn into the Habs :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad