Kunin
4th

OUT:
2nd
3rd
Bonino
Turris
Santini

I don't know how I'm feeling about the past two days right now.

Definitely transitioning, I don't know much about Kunin but supposedly he's a 40-50 point guy at his best.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
After all the hype about how we could maybe get a bunch of great offensive prospects with out 3 early draft picks we end up with a goalie, a trade for a middle six type, and one actual prospect. I'm willing to wait and see how it all plays out and in a vacuum I can see the rationale for each move but taken together it's really quite disappointing.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

TK

Feb 26, 2019
did we really just trade all of that for Luke Kunin? I guess we really needed to shed some money

Bonino trade shed cap, probably won't save any money. Bonino was only scheduled to make 2.4 mil, Kunin is an RFA coming off of a decent season.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
After all the hype about how we could maybe get a bunch of great offensive prospects with out 3 early draft picks we end up with a goalie, a trade for a middle six type, and one actual prospect. I'm willing to wait and see how it all plays out and in a vacuum I can see the rationale for each move but taken together it's really quite disappointing.
I doubt Friday is going to be a factor... but I doubted we'd trade Bonino, buy out Turris, or draft Askarov. So who really knows. Still, we probably have to wait until free agency plays out to know what the final tally is going to be on all this.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
So we came into draft with hopes of bailing some great prospects with three early picks. Figured we would be walking away with some stud forward prospects and maybe a defenseman.

We now have a stud goalie and a meh winger prospect and no other second rounder.

I’m stoked about Askarov but not really the draft I had envisioned...

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
So we came into draft with hopes of bailing some great prospects with three early picks. Figured we would be walking away with some stud forward prospects and maybe a defenseman.

We now have a stud goalie and a meh winger prospect and no other second rounder.

I’m stoked about Askarov but not really the draft I had envisioned...

Same here.

At the same time though, nobody really pops out for me. Maybe I haven't been paying attention to me, but this feels like a "weaker" draft to me. I feel like most of the players past 20ish were interchangeable, maybe management see it the same way.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Same here.

At the same time though, nobody really pops out for me. Maybe I haven't been paying attention to me, but this feels like a "weaker" draft to me. I feel like most of the players past 20ish were interchangeable, maybe management see it the same way.
I wish we had of taken mysak with that second. He was available and has a lot of hype. This evangelista guy was ranked as a third rounder.
Smh

nashpreds

Sep 13, 2008
Toronto
Really hope we get one of Chromiak, Smilanic, Niemela or Poirier in the 3rd. Would be ok taking a shot on Nybeck as well

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Martin Chromiak and Zion Nybeck still available. Both were pegged as 1st rounders at one point.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
We traded our 5th to Philadelphia for two 7th rounders.

la-dee-da.gif

With the pace of this draft, the Predators will use those picks before midnight hopefully

Last edited:

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Into the last few rounds now, it got me thinking about late gems and I decided to check up on Isak Walther. The kid has 9 points in 10 games so far this season (3rd on the team), which would project to 35 points in 39 games. I chose 39 because he played 39 games last year and scored 16 points. So he could more than double his output, which is the kind of progression you love to see out of prospects. It's also an almost identical progression on the U20 team that he made on the U18 team.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I said this last year and I will say it again: Trading a current year pick for a pick next year in the same round is awful asset management.

This year: Trading a 5th rounder for two 7th round picks?

Do better.

This happens every year with Poile at the draft. It is mystifying.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I said this last year and I will say it again: Trading a current year pick for a pick next year in the same round is awful asset management.

Do better.

Even worse several other teams got better compensation for their picks after us too. We traded 135 for 202 and 209. Leafs traded 137 for 153 and 212. Penguins traded 139 for 149 and 211. Canes traded 140 for 159 and a 7th next year. Blues traded 146 for 163 and 194.

Its all a crapshoot at this point but we really couldn't gotten any of those other better deals?

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Even worse several other teams got better compensation for their picks after us too. We traded 135 for 202 and 209. Leafs traded 137 for 153 and 212. Penguins traded 139 for 149 and 211. Canes traded 140 for 159 and a 7th next year. Blues traded 146 for 163 and 194.

Its all a crapshoot at this point but we really couldn't gotten any of those other better deals?

This exactly

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

Do better.

Is it? I'm not going to look it all up now, but that's how we got multiple solid players in the middle rounds over the years, I believe we got Smith that way.

If we don't like the draft go ahead and trade down and get another pick the next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad