NHL.com sucks, right?

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
There's not much reason to go to that site. Breaking news breaks literally everywhere else first. You can find scores, stats, and standings on dozens of other better websites. For highlights, dtmts.com is a spoiler free dream come true.

Reactions: Atas2000

Numba9

Oct 3, 2011
New Westminster, BC
It's ok for me I guess. I don't think the site plays nice with ad blockers, it was the reason why videos wouldn't load for me. Now that they load I want to rip my hair out watching the same exact ad for every little goal video. It's mind boggling that they think that's acceptable

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I want to rip my hair out watching the same exact ad for every little goal video.

As an NHL.tv subscriber, I don't get any ads for goal highlights in the app. At least some meaningful perk.

mlb.com is the same........ run by the same company?

Yes, MLBAM.

To end up showing that it was a lie anyway. Nice.

No lie is needed, it's common knowledge that MLB produces the NHL site and app. Even I know that, and I haven't watched a single baseball game in my life, and have never visited the MLB site. (As a European, I find baseball rules utterly incomprehensible; it appears to be a bunch of folks aimlessly running around in a weird triangle, but I guess there must be some logic and definite purpose behind it.) :skeptic:

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I can't watch the replays on nhl.com.

Just keeps loading but never comes up.

I can but the video quality makes then totally useless. Its like Im back to some lame vga quality from the 90s. its disgusting.
It wasnt like that last year

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
No lie is needed, it's common knowledge that MLB produces the NHL site and app. Even I know that, and I haven't watched a single baseball game in my life, and have never visited the MLB site. (As a European, I find baseball rules utterly incomprehensible; it appears to be a bunch of folks aimlessly running around in a weird triangle, but I guess there must be some logic and definite purpose behind it.) :skeptic:
That wasn't the lie. It was that he was pointing out that he doesn't watch or care about the other leagues in the first post, but then goes on to compare all their websites.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Is it just me or does none of the locker room post-game interviews play ? I just have a blank screen and nothing's happening.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Is it just me or does none of the locker room post-game interviews play ? I just have a blank screen and nothing's happening.

I have the same issue with literally all videos on NHL.com, including game highlights.

If you're feeling like a hackerman, you can open the page source, CRTL + F for the .mp4 link and open that in a new window to watch the videos.

Reactions: shello

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I haven't given a shit about that site since they got rid of the goals on the player pages. I used to be able to watch guys like Lecavalier, Ovechkin, Crosby etc from 2005 on and NOPE! They just decided "We're gonna get rid of this and have a highlight that's related to some article you can read"

Just total crap

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Menu is different, doesn't seem like much of a change otherwise.
I don't think you know what the home page looked like 3 days ago. The layout is definitely different, with new info displayed. I don't think they've done much with the sub menus yet, though.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Seems pretty much the same to me. Pages load quicker, wooo.

Still the worst place for up to date info and watching replays.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Seems pretty much the same to me. Pages load quicker, wooo.

Still the worst place for up to date info and watching replays.
:laugh: I guess I don't have the same issues as you, I use and adblocker and have NHL.tv and I never have trouble watching replays or anything. I don't know what type of up to date info you want.

I like how you sarcastic woo one of the most significant improvements a website can have.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
:laugh: I guess I don't have the same issues as you, I use and adblocker and have NHL.tv and I never have trouble watching replays or anything. I don't know what type of up to date info you want.

I like how you sarcastic woo one of the most significant improvements a website can have.

Because they still suck so who cares how fast it loads. And good for you, enjoy that :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad