NHL.com sucks, right?

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
NHL.com was much better before they change it yes and looked much nicer with the black backround and it was very pleasant to sit and read stats and standings for hours that was the good old days

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I honestly am wondering if these are web designers who think this is good, or if they are answering to a higher authority who tasked them to vomit everything into an unusable page.

It's a commercialized mess lacking in personality.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I thought the site wasn't great, but it was alright and usable before the remake. After the remake it's garbage. Among other things, I hate when I search a player's name and press enter, then it shows me all the news articles and stuff and no link to his profile is to be found. Apparently you have to avoid pressing enter and then click the thing that shows as a drop-down, but the drop-down is buggy and sometimes doesn't appear at all. Is it so tough having the first search result be the player's profile? This site is so bad I honestly don't think someone could intentionally try to make a site as poorly designed as possible and manage to come up with a worse site than NHL.com.

Reactions: Faterson

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
My brother was a graphic designer, and I am very good friends with several "high end" award winning creative firms.

They have told me, NHL.com is likely made for free most likely by someone's nephew, at the direction of "business people".

The objective of the site is clearly to try and generate revenue (via ad, or product sales) rather than promote the game.

It is not a professionally made site. It's also cheaply rolled out to all 31 other NHL teams.

Reactions: Faterson

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
I like how the NHL.tv spoils the winner of a game by highlighting them if you want to watch a game after it's ended.

Really? I've never noticed this. I just checked now and the winner isn't indicated for me in any way. What browser are you using? I wonder why you're seeing that.

Kc232

Hi
Aug 12, 2008
I guess i'm in the minority because I prefer the new layout (outside of their current way of advertising the fan choice awards on it, thats indeed trash). They probably had to make some design changes to make it more browser size / mobile adaptable. I like how it's less cluttered than the old layout, and once I got used to wear to click for certain recaps and stats, I've had almost zero issue with it.

One suggestion would be to make a night time mode based on the users timezone to inverse the blinding white to gray or black, but thats just me nitpicking.

/Donthurtme

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Really? I've never noticed this. I just checked now and the winner isn't indicated for me in any way. What browser are you using? I wonder why you're seeing that.
I use chrome, but I am going through my local NHL distributor which might play a role

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 10

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I have no idea why so many people think nhl.com it's terrible. Now, the only features I ever use are the stats page, standings and occasionally check out the boxscore of ongoing games. The stats page has tons of filterable options, it's great.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
I don't mind the app. Can't speak for the website, but I find the app is a solid way to get highlights of last night's games.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
It’s not the worst. Ever been to nfl.com? You would think with all of the money they rake in that it would actually be usable. Nope.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I typed a whole thing out for this thread, and this he site randomly crashed on me for the 10th time and wiped it out. So I think I like the NHL website/app now lol

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I have no idea why so many people think nhl.com it's terrible. Now, the only features I ever use are the stats page, standings and occasionally check out the boxscore of ongoing games. The stats page has tons of filterable options, it's great.

The stats page has a bunch of filterable options true. It's just a shame none of them are the useful ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad