GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FRENZY - JULY 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
There's a chance he's getting crazy money from Montreal.
Only teams I have read to be rumored to target Anders Lee have been the Islanders, Blackhawks, and Canadiens.

I guarantee there's going to be a lot of angry Bruins fans if he signs with Montreal and the Bruins add very little today.

Reactions: Strafer

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Only teams I have read to be rumored to target Anders Lee have been the Islanders, Blackhawks, and Canadiens.

I guarantee there's going to be a lot of angry Bruins fans if he signs with Montreal and the Bruins add very little today.

At 7-8M Boston doesn't have a shot.
Montreal is also looking at Gardiner.

They want to spend money after clearing cap with Shaw.

Reactions: Absurdity

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

The Canadiens accoring to Elliotte Friedman are in on a lot of Players.

NHL Rumor Mill – July 1, 2019 | Spectors Hockey

After trading away Andrew Shaw and Nicolas Deslauriers yesterday, the Montreal Canadiens now have over $13 million in salary-cap space. Elliotte Friedman speculates on possible targets for the Habs. He believes they’re in on Anders Lee, and noted they also had interest in Wayne Simmonds and Jake Gardiner. He also wondered if they had an interest in Nashville Predators center Kyle Turris. It’s believed they’ll sign Keith Kinkaid as a backup for Carey Price.
Friedman also wondered if they’ll go the offer sheet route. He pointed out player agent Gerry Johansson, who represents Brendan Gallagher and Carey Price, also represents Carolina’s Sebastian Aho.

Reactions: Absurdity

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The only way Ferland makes sense is if he misses out the 1st wave of signings and his price drops.
& You give him a 2 year show me contract.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
It’s not happening lol

Shhh, but I think this is the year a RFA gets an offer sheet. So why not Sweeney be the one to set the pace, I mean he's the reigning GM of the year! Show them the way Donny....

Him or Point would fix the Bruins center woes for the next ten years.

Reactions: bbfan419

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Shhh, but I think this is the year a RFA gets an offer sheet. So why not Sweeney be the one to set the pace, I mean he's the reigning GM of the year! Show them the way Donny....

What center woes? It’s one of our stronger positions, what with Bergy, DK, Coyle and Kuraly. In a year or three, maybe, depending on health.

We have woes at RW right now. I expect Donny to address that this off season.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Ferland should be the priority, add some size and toughness to the top 9, can play him with Krecji or Coyles lines. Perry sounds like he is going to get some bigger offers with bonus'. Ferland fills a couple needs.

I wouldn't dislike Hathaway, big, good skater and physical. Nice addition to the fourth line.

Can't see Maroon coming here but would also be in favor of him on a short term deal.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
What center woes? It’s one of our stronger positions, what with Bergy, DK, Coyle and Kuraly. In a year or three, maybe, depending on health.

We have woes at RW right now. I expect Donny to address that this off season.
You need to look beyond tomorrow your top two centers are going to be 34 and 33 respectively entering next season and the Bruins have no future #1 center in their organization.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
You need to look beyond tomorrow your top two centers are going to be 34 and 33 respectively entering next season and the Bruins have no future #1 center in their organization.
I hate thinking about this but you are spot on.

Reactions: sarge88

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida

Careful what you wish for . . . What if someone offer sheets McAvoy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad