GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FRENZY - JULY 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
You need to look beyond tomorrow your top two centers are going to be 34 and 33 respectively entering next season and the Bruins have no future #1 center in their organization.

Although McAvoy can't be offered sheeted, I'm sure Sweeney would be smart enough to take care of business in his own court before hand. Eventually sure someone might offer sheet one of your players down the road, but that's the risk you take and with out risk there's usually no reward.

There's also a lot of variables that takes place for a team to be able to do so, like their cap restraints, is the player willing to leave where their at and sign with another team, will their current team match, does the other teams have the available picks that they would need to make an offer sheet.

I really don't see Sweeney doing it, but if there's one player out-there who's ownership may choose not to match, my guess is it would be Aho.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Yeah, big pass on Ferland. For the money he'll command and for what he brings, too much. I'd focus on Anders Lee, big Strong net front presence,offensively skilled, but more than likely unless Backes is moved, that isn't happening either.
Anders Lee will be looking for term, 5/6 years would bring him to the edge of 35... pretty sure the Habs will grab him for a 7 years contract,which is a good thing for us.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
You need to look beyond tomorrow your top two centers are going to be 34 and 33 respectively entering next season and the Bruins have no future #1 center in their organization.
As I mentioned we could have woes there in a few years if age catches up with our #1 and #2. That is one reason, no doubt, that Sweeney targeted a center in the first round to go along with Studnicka to add depth potential for the future. Lauko is also a possibility.

Last edited:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Mostly because it’s not EA sports NHL 2019.

Other than that it’s a great idea
Why is it not possible? Duchene is only like $250K more than DK and once Duchene is signed there will not be many good C left as UFA so I am sure there would be some teams interested in DK.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Only teams I have read to be rumored to target Anders Lee have been the Islanders, Blackhawks, and Canadiens.

I guarantee there's going to be a lot of angry Bruins fans if he signs with Montreal and the Bruins add very little today.
No if they overpay which they will... overpay in a 7/8 years term would be perfect.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
You know what this thread needs?

Cookies.

BAKERY-STYLE-CHOCOLATE-CHIP-COOKIES-9.jpg

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
That's true, but the point is . . . What goes around comes around.
Let's say they sign Carlo to a bridge deal, would you have a problem trading Carlo for Point straight up. Picks may work out to be the same depending on contract size for Carlo.

Point is your number 1 center starting when Bergeron retires or sooner, a two way, aggressive, offensive force who is still relatively young. Carlo is a very good second pair D who has shown no offensive upside yet and may not.

Lock up MacAvoy, Pastrnak is locked up, who do you worry about after that being offer sheeted? DeBrusk. I move him for Point any day and I like DeBrusk.

Moot point they don't have the money and unless they move Backes and LTIR Moore and Miller the money won't be there.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I have a bad feeling about today for the Bruins.

I think they're going to get royally screwed by the stupidity of other GMs taking on bad contracts to allow their competition to get better. We're already seeing it with the Leafs & Habs freeing up space. Sweeney can do everything right today & still come out behind.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad