GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FIZZLE - Mod warning page 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
In my opinion, the Bruins paid too much for Heimon. I would have cut him loose and try to find a compatible replacement actually a better replacement.

Your thoughts
I would have packaged him with backes and send them anywhere. It's whats killing this team right now. That cap space we could add a ferland right now and stick him with David and Jake and make a formidable 2nd line.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
This thread should be a joy to read today.

Just going to throw this out there. Danton Heinens rookie season would have been Johanssens second best season (besides his 58 point year in Washington). He’s outscored Johanssen in each of the last two seasons. Sweeney got killed for not giving Johanssen 4.5 a year and he’s going to get killed today for giving Heinen 2.8 a year.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
In my opinion, the Bruins paid too much for Heimon. I would have cut him loose and try to find a compatible replacement actually a better replacement.

Your thoughts

They need to transition this guy to center. Hes defensively responsible, has the vision and has learned the Bruins system. Last place I want to see him is on the wing chasing puck into the corner. Give an opportunity to show his creativity with the puck with 2 wingers he can work with

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Winger is a tough role. Fighting top 4 D men for the puck, taking huge hits along the boards. I'm more interested in seeing Heinens puck and defensive skill at center than his grinder skills along the boards
I thought this going into last season. Especially since they were looking for a solution internally for 3C.

But as others pointed out, I guess he didn’t play much center in college. And obviously hasn’t played any at the pro level

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
They need to transition this guy to center. Hes defensively responsible, has the vision and has learned the Bruins system. Last place I want to see him is on the wing chasing puck into the corner. Give an opportunity to show his creativity with the puck with 2 wingers he can work with

I wouldn't mind seeing that happen eventually. He's got the vision and IQ. I think he'd be a lot like Krejci with how he passes the puck and sees the ice

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Just going to throw this out there. Danton Heinens rookie season would have been Johanssens second best season (besides his 58 point year in Washington). He’s outscored Johanssen in each of the last two seasons. Sweeney got killed for not giving Johanssen 4.5 a year and he’s going to get killed today for giving Heinen 2.8 a year.

yeah because both cases are similar. David Backes got 5 years, 30 million. Where does that fit in?

Mojo got a 10 team no trade list, 2 years, 9 mil. Steal.

Heinen, steal as well IMO.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Gotta love it! :laugh:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I can't fathom how people can be unhappy paying a 3rd/2nd liner 2.8 mil....
Nor that people are actually suggesting trading him less than 12 hours after signing him.

When does that happen in the NHL? Cant think of a time a player has been signed then traded immediately after. Usually the opposite happens.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Really interesting article over at the Athletic. It's about if the RFA signings will be worth it over the life of the contracts. Basically of the 37 contracts signed over 1.5mil annually, only 10 will have a positive value. Under this calculation, whether you believe it or not, Johannson will have a negative value, even though it is only for two years. Also interesting to see that Noel's contract seems crazy under this model.

Not saying i believe this, but I like the idea and find it informative. Definitely interesting to discuss.
View attachment 243815
I don't have a subscription. Do they do an effective job of defining how they determine "expected value" and do you agree with their approach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad