GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FIZZLE - Mod warning page 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I've mentioned getting an offer sheet out to Point .of course boring bruins won't even attempt it.
How about Matthew tkachuk?
Say a 6 year deal for 42m ?

Reactions: bbfan419

member 96824

I've mentioned getting an offer sheet out to Point .of course boring bruins won't even attempt it.

The Flyers and the Leafs blow up their team every couple of years, they might be more of your speed.

I usually stop watching hockey in March so I can only assume that's worked out really really well for them.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
So we have this thing called the salary cap. Perhaps that is why you think the Bruins are "boring".

Or perhaps the ole "cap out"
Excuse .
The cap is there and always will be .
What's DS to do ..sorry folks
Can't do anything because of the cap... Don't think the fans will accept that. .

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

I'd like to see if they could get Artturi Lehkonen from Montreal. The Caps were interested in him last year. Armia also started playing well at the end of last year and he has size and can play RW

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
The Flyers and the Leafs blow up their team every couple of years, they might be more of your speed.

I usually stop watching hockey in March so I can only assume that's worked out really really well for them.

How are the Flyers or Toronto blowing up their team ?. Both of these teams are not in the bruins. Category.
Toronto have a very young nucleus in Matthews marner and nylander(,well have to see how he does this year) and they just signed Tav last year...how on Earth is this a blow up?
As far as the flyers .. Simmonds had to go .They were pretty much out of the playoff picture.
Giroux should be next . The team isht a contender and they may have held on too long to their vets.
Also hindsight is always 20/20 but drafting Patrick over Petterson??

Reactions: bbfan419

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I'd like to see if they could get Artturi Lehkonen from Montreal. The Caps were interested in him last year. Armia also started playing well at the end of last year and he has size and can play RW

Doubt Mtl would trade straight up with Boston..I'm from Mtl
Cant really say I'm interested in Arturi

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Excuse .
Can't do anything because of the cap... Don't think the fans will accept that. .

It might be boring but he spent money on pastrnak and marchand instead of tkchuk and marner

We had a cap... we spent the cap... we wanted a team... we got a team... its done... its good

Yeah our boring team was in the cup finals last year after a hell of a great regular season

Pretty damn good

Reactions: TCB and OV

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
It might be boring but he spent money on pastrnak and marchand instead of tkchuk and marner

That was then this is now?
Tell me with the same team..you think we are going back to the finals?
How confident that we make the playoffs? And if we do how far you think we go next year?
Can't stop repeating it. Do not underestimate the ages and hockey amount played of Berg and krejci. Our top 2 centers are way past their prime . To blindfold ourselves on this matter is not facing reality

We had a cap... we spent the cap... we wanted a team... we got a team... its done... its good

Yeah our boring team was in the cup finals last year after a hell of a great regular season

Pretty damn good

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Can't stop repeating it. Do not underestimate the ages and hockey amount played of Berg and krejci. Our top 2 centers are way past their prime . To blindfold ourselves on this matter is not facing reality

Way past their prime? Bergeron scored the most goals and points in his career, despite missing 17 games to injury. Krejci scored 20 goals for the fourth time in his career, while tying his career high in points.

Way past their prime? Words have meanings.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Way past their prime? Bergeron scored the most goals and points in his career, despite missing 17 games to injury. Krejci scored 20 goals for the fourth time in his career, while tying his career high in points.

Way past their prime? Words have meanings.

So you'd would take a 34 yr old Bergeron vs a 26 yr old Berg ?
Can't expect that to keep going and the legs will tire the deeper they go in playoffs where age usually becomes more apparent.

Last edited:

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA

Pretty damn good

Can’t say I agree with many of AORF proposals, tho it’s always an interesting read..

But have to say, spot on here.

Reactions: bruins19

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
Really interesting article over at the Athletic. It's about if the RFA signings will be worth it over the life of the contracts. Basically of the 37 contracts signed over 1.5mil annually, only 10 will have a positive value. Under this calculation, whether you believe it or not, Johannson will have a negative value, even though it is only for two years. Also interesting to see that Noel's contract seems crazy under this model.

Not saying i believe this, but I like the idea and find it informative. Definitely interesting to discuss.
Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 11.14.44 am.png

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Excuse .

Do you even apply logic to your complaints though? You are somehow being dismissive of an obstacle which is essentially impossible to avoid without major changes to team composition.

“Offer sheet this guy, give him a shot too...why not...don’t be boring”...

I’m guessing you’ve never managed anything...

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Can't figure out why this thread isn't appearing in my list. Pretty sure I didn't mark it "ignore? Any thoughts?

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Can't figure out why this thread isn't appearing in my list. Pretty sure I didn't mark it "ignore? Any thoughts?

That was happening to me regularly for post-game threads. I didn't mark anything as "Ignore" but found that I had to go the very end of a GDT and click on the next thread for further discussion. When I did that I found that it was erroneously marked "Ignore". I then had to mark it "Unignore" in order to have the post-game thread show up again.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Do you even apply logic to your complaints though? You are somehow being dismissive of an obstacle which is essentially impossible to avoid without major changes to team composition.

“Offer sheet this guy, give him a shot too...why not...don’t be boring”...

I’m guessing you’ve never managed anything...

Well , my friend wrong again
I actually have my own business with close to 100 employees of course you might think I'm lying but I've been in business for over 30 years
And am extremely "hands on"
One thing among many in business is always stick to the topic at hand and never get personal
Are you getting these words from the wise.

Well since you've embarked on the personal trajectory I now find myself joining you.
First whenever we use terms as doomsday if a certain course of action is used that in my experience is simply providing excuses of why anything can work instead of making it work(good MGMT ) . Managing employees/players personalities for instance for the betterment of the team and not simply shipping them out because they don't seem to maintain those "puritain" traits that incompetent managers feel is a must to succeed.
Anyhow back to business.
How long ago did they apparently offer The FA an offer(Tavares). Think how would things be different now had Tav signed with the Bruins?(team composition)
Secondly what are you suggesting make this team dissipate until the "elderly" cant play any longer and the only choice the fans have is to watch this dissipation

Yes , I have said it that get it done even if it requires as you say major changes to the team composition i.e krejci (Who ive always been a fan of but "business" wise you need to know when to trade in your chips same for Rask .Forget Chara he's got one more year .
You see imo the team business wise needs to do wtv it takes to be a young dynamic true contender again and yes even if it has to use drastic means many refer to as "tanking" but that's just me as a fan wanting the bruins to try Everything possible to win a cup... I guess that's just me.

Last edited:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Well , my friend wrong again
I actually have my own business with close to 100 employees of course you might think I'm lying but I've been in business for over 30 years
And am extremely "hands on"
One thing among many in business is always stick to the topic at hand and never get personal
Are you getting these words from the wise.

Well since you've embarked on the personal trajectory I now find myself joining you.
First whenever we use terms as doomsday if a certain course of action is used that in my experience is simply providing excuses of why anything can work instead of making it work(good MGMT ) . Managing employees/players personalities for instance for the betterment of the team and not simply shipping them out because they don't seem to maintain those "puritain" traits that incompetent managers feel is a must to succeed.
Anyhow back to business.
How long ago did they apparently offer The FA an offer(Tavares). Think how would things be different now had Tav signed with the Bruins?(team composition)
Secondly what are you suggesting make this team dissipate until the "elderly" cant play any longer and the only choice the fans have is to watch this dissipation

Yes , I have said it that get it done even if it requires as you say major changes to the team composition i.e krejci (Who ive always been a fan of but "business" wise you need to know when to trade in your chips same for Rask .Forget Chara he's got one more year .
You see imo the team business wise needs to do wtv it takes to be a young dynamic true contender again and yes even if it has to use drastic means many refer to as "tanking" but that's just me as a fan wanting the bruins to try Everything possible to win a cup... I guess that's just me.

Okay, great.

Given the reality of the current cap situation, and the pressing need to sign 2 RFA’s, I don’t see how a logical individual is talking about offer sheets.

You can try to justify your remarks with “things would be different if we had done this before”, but how does that at all explain the absurdity of you talking about tossing out offer sheets right now? As I said, it’s not remotely logical.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Okay, great.

Given the reality of the current cap situation, and the pressing need to sign 2 RFA’s, I don’t see how a logical individual is talking about offer sheets.

You can try to justify your remarks with “things would be different if we had done this before”, but how does that at all explain the absurdity of you talking about tossing out offer sheets right now? As I said, it’s not remotely logical.

What is the illogical aspect of it?
Is it because the respective teams will match?
Is it because of the draft choices we will lose?
Is it because of cap issues? If so again whether it is an RFA or a FA , monetarily speaking makes no difference . ex. 11m offered to an FA i.e Tavares or an RFA point is still 11 m per year.
If you're worried about the 4 1st rders.
Alright try getting Tchachuk for 7-7 5 m a year that would entail a1st 2nd and 3rd rder. I can live with that.
I realize that theres a hell of a chance that the flames match but so what give it a try .
Many are thinking DS will make a significant move(s) ... heard that before way too often !

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
In my opinion, the Bruins paid too much for Heimon. I would have cut him loose and try to find a compatible replacement actually a better replacement.

Your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad