NHL: Around the League 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Stevie Y says the red wings are open for business for cap dumps.

What are you guys willing to give up to dump Seabrook? I’d do this year’s first and Strome no problem. It would probably take more but I don’t what else to add.

They are likely looking for short term cap dumps and Seabrook controls everything if any team was willing to take him

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
This series has been every bit as one-sided on the ice as it was on paper.

It joins 2007, 2008, 2012 and 2014 on the list of cap-era foregone conclusion finals.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Stevie Y says the red wings are open for business for cap dumps.

What are you guys willing to give up to dump Seabrook? I’d do this year’s first and Strome no problem. It would probably take more but I don’t what else to add.

I’d be willing to add Beaudin to that. Maybe we get like a 3rd or later back. So 17, Strome, Beaudin, and Seabrook for a 3rd.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This series has been every bit as one-sided on the ice as it was on paper.

It joins 2007, 2008, 2012 and 2014 on the list of cap-era foregone conclusion finals.
More BS. TB is the better team but everyone has underrated Dallas. Those gritty vets are playing their hearts out for Dallas while TB relies mostly on the PP and the Point line.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
More BS. TB is the better team but everyone has underrated Dallas. Those gritty vets are playing their hearts out for Dallas while TB relies mostly on the PP and the Point line.

Tampa’s skilled players are also playing with grit and heart though. That team isn’t just the Point line and the PP

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Tampa’s skilled players are also playing with grit and heart though. That team isn’t just the Point line and the PP

Yes, there is no question that the grit TB is playing with is what makes the team so much better than last season's version. They are a great team and pretty much everyone expected them to be in the final; I just don't like JD's constant praise of the favourite Lightning squad and his downplaying of the Dallas Stars.... and making it sound like Dallas aren't even close when typically they end up in OT to decide a winner.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yes, there is no question that the grit TB is playing with is what makes the team so much better than last season's version. They are a great team and pretty much everyone expected them to be in the final; I just don't like JD's constant praise of the favourite Lightning squad and his downplaying of the Dallas Stars.... and making it sound like Dallas aren't even close when typically they end up in OT to decide a winner.

JD’s praise of Tampa comes off as if he wants them to be better than any of the Hawks Cup winning teams. Quite annoying if you ask me, not sure why he’s even a fan of the Hawks with the way he posts about them and other teams.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
JD’s praise of Tampa comes off as if he wants them to be better than any of the Hawks Cup winning teams. Quite annoying if you ask me, not sure why he’s even a fan of the Hawks with the way he posts about them and other teams.
He just looks at a spread sheet of fancy stats and picks a team that supports using fancy stats. Carolina is out, and always suck, so TB is his back up.

Reactions: Fingers and Toews

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
He just looks at a spread sheet of fancy stats and picks a team that supports using fancy stats. Carolina is out, and always suck, so TB is his back up.

This TB team is very good but they’re hardly some unstoppable juggernaut that would have beat any other Cup winner of the last 20 years or whatever.

I’d easily take the 2010 and 2013 Hawks teams over this, but maybe give them a slight edge against 2015 team.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Both teams have nine players that have scored at least one goal in this series, so it's not as though Tampa is getting any more top heavy production than Dallas.

It's true that Tampa's PP is clicking this series, after being middling-to-bad through the first 3 rounds. Further speaks to the bloom coming off the Khudobin rose.

Of course, it also helps that in chasing Tampa all over the ice, Dallas has been taking a ton of penalties and giving them a ton of chances to cash in. That typically happens when one team has the puck for the vast majority of the game though. It happened for the Blackhawks in their prime too... the Blackhawks just rarely had a PP that could capitalize on the penalty differential they generated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad