NHL: Around the League 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Am I missing something or does that seem like a ton for him even if only a two year deal....?

I'm with you. For a guy with one year in the league. A very good year no doubt. It is a expensive bridge deal right to free agency.
Surprised he got that much more then koorpisalo.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ok...I get that the NHL ideas flloating around are to pick maybe 4 cities where the you know what virus has not been so "hotspot" and to finish iut the season and playoffs in some kind of format but with empty arenas there...at least hanes would be on tv...this probably before the next season opens.

But the issue for the next season is that it cannot make any sense to pkay that to empty arenas just for tv...revenues would not be enough to justify the normal cap..So cap max Must come e down...way down...way way way down.

Unless if course a vaccine miraculously appears and gets approved much faster than the 18 months to 2 years so many have told us it could take.

But assuming that is not goi got happen can the NHL impose enough prevention mrasuresxto assure fans it is safe to attend games?

Could 1 rule be that of course every attendee must wear a facemask at all times?
Could rule 2 be that only 1/3 or 1/2 of arena capacity would be allowed in ...that if you are in the same residence with your seat neighbour(ie.husnand and wife...or 1 parentc and their child who all live at the same place) that they can sit next to each other but on either side of them there needs to be 1 or 2 empty seats?
With facemask protection plus maybe at least 1 empty seat on either side maybe a certain% of capacity could be alliwed in?

Then of course you also would expect some waiver to be signed by attendees that the club Nd league cannot be sued if they still get the disease

Plus another rule that since you cannot remove your facemasks then if course you cannot eat it drink ...so no concessions will e sold.

Do you really think fans would still go under such restrictions?

Ir do you think instead that it will e much simpler in tules:

1. Over 60 ...cannot attend ....reduces the risk to the mire compromised senior population.t to potential harm.

.Must take a test and be negative ...

3.Must oas a test for sufficient levels of vitamin D and A to assure top quality immune system function so that if you get infected your own body is is position to fight it off.

4.. Must prove you have no underlying potential co-morbidity factors ...ie. you are at supreme top health..

To me the 2nd set of preventive rules makes more sense than the social distanceseating and mask at all times set of rules.

So how exactly do you think the NHL will go in any "next season" if they plan to allow at least some fans I the seats?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’d rather there just be no season at this point. It’s probably not going to be the same at all. Whoever “Wins the Cup” this year isn’t going to be looked at in the same way as a normal Cup winner to me.

Reactions: Giovi

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
To be fair, that was the same argument people were making leading into the shortened 2013 season, and then everybody that said that went silent because everything was awesome.

Starting up the playoffs after a long break would certainly be weird, but the playing field would be even for everybody, so it'd just be a funky but still legit Cup win. Unless a team I don't like wins, then clearly a fluke and not real win.

Reactions: Hawksfly2gether

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
To be fair, that was the same argument people were making leading into the shortened 2013 season, and then everybody that said that went silent because everything was awesome.

Starting up the playoffs after a long break would certainly be weird, but the playing field would be even for everybody, so it'd just be a funky but still legit Cup win. Unless a team I don't like wins, then clearly a fluke and not real win.
This is entirely different than 2013 imo. I was never under the impression that 2013 deserved an asterisk even before that season started. If anything it’s way more difficult to win a cup when you have <50 game season on a crammed schedule and then playoffs. Playoff hockey intensity is basically starting from the first weeks of the season. That season/playoffs was probably even more of a martathon than having the full 82 game season and playoffs with how the schedule was set up.

Not to mention so much about hockey comes down to rhythm and flow of the game. You can tell which teams are gonna be problems in the playoffs by how they’re playing in the stretch run before playoffs. Starting up at playoffs after months off kills all momentum. I think if they do playoffs this year this one for sure gets looked at with an asterisk. Especially if the playoff format ends up getting changed.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
If it’s a shortened playoff then I could see the whole air quotes around champion but I guarantee nobody here would be meh if it was Toews taking the cup from Uncle Gary.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If Nashville or St Louis win, it doesn't count

Reactions: Cowch

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My attitude is that as long as there's a) hockey played, b) some semblance of a playoff tournament is played, and c) the Blues or Canadian team doesn't win it, it counts.

Quebec City has to be the one that breaks the national drought.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

The 2013 season was almost more impressive, if i can say that without being biased. What was it, 48 games were scheduled for the regular season? As soon as the season started it was freaking GO TIME for every team. There were way less games in the middle of january, on the road, against an out of conference team (or the like) where teams took the night off.

If it's a full 16 team, 4 best of 7 series then it'll be legit. But i'm not sure if that's even a possibility. Logistically it seems like a total nightmare considering all of this.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Nice no-risk, high-upside signing by the Leafs. Exactly the kind of player the Hawks should have been looking at.

Honestly, they probably were, along with several other teams, and he simply chose the Leafs.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Nice no-risk, high-upside signing by the Leafs. Exactly the kind of player the Hawks should have been looking at.

Honestly, they probably were, along with several other teams, and he simply chose the Leafs.
The last thing we need is more bottom pair defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad