NHL: Around the League 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Nylander is in that camp for sure, but DeBrincat and Strome play larger roles.

Kane I left out because he’s a game changing talent without playing a hard style. Do I wish he would play harder and more aggressively? Absolutely. But he’s a rare talent who can basically float and take over a game. Since Kane does that, you can’t have multiple other guys in your lineup playing the same way.

No other young player should be trying to copy what Kane does.

Unfortunately, letting Kane get away with playing part-time hockey tends to create the country club atmosphere. It's a real problem here that most Hawk fans don't want to admit or face.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Unfortunately, letting Kane get away with playing part-time hockey tends to create the country club atmosphere. It's a real problem here that most Hawk fans don't want to admit or face.

Yes, but other players need to have the common sense to realize the rules are different for generational players, and they’re not generational.

We may not like it, but it’s how Kane plays and he’s always going to get away with it.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Even with the break because of COVID all of the NHL teams played anywhere from 68-71 games. Cut a little bit short but teams still played more somewhere around 75-80 percent of their games, in comparasion MLB teams played roughly 40% of their schedule games. There is no asterick to this year's Stanley Cup winner, Tampa Bay. MLB's champ, to me, feels like an asterick should be used but not the NHL Champ. Tampa Bay earned it.

Yes, the timing of the outbreak allowed the NHL to play close to a complete season as well as a full play-off series (and more).
No asterisk for TB as the legit SC champion.
(Chicago's win in the shortened 2015 season should have an asterisk ahead of TB this season as far as I'm concerned.)

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
NHL pulled it together. nice job. congrats to tampa great showing they deserved it. very glad stamkos got to get in a play a couple minutes and im sure ease his mind a bit on contributing.

Reactions: BobbyJet

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My hot take is that bragging about pre-expansion Stanley Cups is like bragging about winning the NL Central in 1999.

Okay.... there were only six teams competing for it and it was forever ago. Who cares?

And by "my hot take," I mean "I'm pretty sure Down Goes Brown made that same joke about a decade ago."

Last edited:
Reactions: JaegerDice

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sad to see

Always thought he would be Ranger for life

He still has enough to be a potential #2 but honestly if I was him given age/decline in performance I would hang em up but that is just me

Nothing more then a 20-30 game guy now

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
My hot take is that bragging about pre-expansion Stanley Cups is like bragging about winning the NL Central in 1999.

Okay.... there were only six teams competing for it and it was forever ago. Who cares?

And by "my hot take," I mean "I'm pretty sure Down Goes Brown made that same joke about a decade ago."

Pretty much.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Sad to see

Always thought he would be Ranger for life

He still has enough to be a potential #2 but honestly if I was him given age/decline in performance I would hang em up but that is just me

Nothing more then a 20-30 game guy now

I assume you're talking about Lundqvist?

I could still see him being a #1 on another team. Just not an elite #1. If he's willing to take a cheap deal, I'm sure teams would be interested.

Not sure he wants to play anywhere else though.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Lundqvist has 2 straight seasons with 3+GAA and a low 900sv%. He's a back up at best now.

I don't really care about the GAA, it's a team stat and he's been playing in front of a rebuilding team.

The SV% is concerning though, you're right.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't really care about the GAA, it's a team stat and he's been playing in front of a rebuilding team.

The SV% is concerning though, you're right.
Shesterkin 12GP 2.52GAA
Georgiev 34GP 3.04GAA
Lundqvist 30GP 3.16GAA

He was their 3rd worst goalie, Georgiev, who is a back up goalie, had a better GAA and sv% than him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Jesse Puljujarvi is coming back to Oilers it sounds like

Went to Europe and found his game... Now coming back to NHL to see if it can translate

If he has indeed found his game and is healthy this is big potential boost for Oilers

Reactions: BobbyJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad