NHL: Around the League 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
So did Stammer reaggravate something or was Cooper just resting him after making an impact? If he did hurt himself f*** man my heart goes out to the guy. At least they don’t need to petition for his name on the cup but I can only imagine he wanted to be a leading contributor..

Status unknown for game 4

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Reading the same stuff as everyone else I assume - buyout and offersheet scenarios. What would the Hawks defense look like if Maatta was bought-out? Keith, Dehaan, Murphy, Boqvist. Mitchell & Seabrook? Seabrook LTIR? Bring in a vet 6/7 or better?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The good thing about our sovereignty era is that it's pretty easy to root for the teams that didn't beat us in the SCF. Had it been a case of a team with a douche like Corey Perry on it versus a team that beat us in the SCF, I'd just be drinking.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Reading the same stuff as everyone else I assume - buyout and offersheet scenarios. What would the Hawks defense look like if Maatta was bought-out? Keith, Dehaan, Murphy, Boqvist. Mitchell & Seabrook? Seabrook LTIR? Bring in a vet 6/7 or better?

Keith/Boqvist
De Hann /Murphy
Koekkoek/ Mitchell
Seabrook big question mark

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Short of being willing to move significant young roster pieces, or overpaying for Pietrangelo, how can the Hawks acquire a legit #1?

Like @ChiHawk21 said, keep drafting them in the 1st round and hope you catch one. Next year’s draft is a great draft for defensemen. Would love to get one of the top ones if we’re not competitive. But even if we are, someone like Hughes or Lambos could possibly be there in the mid-teens.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
For third pair or press box I’m fine with him. If they move on I have no issue either would rather have Carlsson in the lineup over him.

A couple of ifs - if they bought out Ollie and if teams being a little tight to the cap keep UFA numbers down, can they get a goalie and upgrade the D?

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I don’t understand the move either but I will never doubt the Pens turning a dman around.Especially coming from a tire fire org like the Cats. Although they did get rid of Gonchar who was a huge factor in working reclamation projects and helping them find their game.

Last edited:

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I don’t understand the move either but I will never doubt the Pens turning a dman around.Especially coming from a tire fire org like the Cats. Although they did get rid of Gonchar who was a huge factor in working reclamation projects and helping them find their game.

They let go of Gonchar? Why? We could scoop him up.

Reactions: Styles

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not to mention Pronger was way better defensively, played on the PP, and on the PK.

Neither of which Oleksiak has done much of this post season. Lindell and Sekera are both ahead of him on the PK and he almost never sees PP time.

They’re both tall, that’s about the only thing they have in common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad