NHL: Around the League 44

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I am finding it interesting that the fans of the teams that should be going for it this year are so reluctant to move prospects and talent. Colorado needs to take advantage of the McKinnon deal while they can and I don't think the Canes should be holding back either.
Absolutely. You don’t get very many windows of having an elite young player on one of the best contracts in the league with high end support around him. I get not wanting UFAs and all but I would be all over a guy like Saad if I was them. Especially with the west being as wide open as it is this year. I would say anything besides Byram and Newhook should be on the table unless they can somehow go big game hunting but I’m not sure who’s available that I’d give those two up for.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I am finding it interesting that the fans of the teams that should be going for it this year are so reluctant to move prospects and talent. Colorado needs to take advantage of the McKinnon deal while they can and I don't think the Canes should be holding back either.

Not to mention Makar and Landeskog will be due in a year and a half as well. I’d say both get around 8M.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Watching Tor/Pitt game and the stats say Leafs had 4 turnovers in the first period. It just shows what a joke such stats are. Leafs had at least 10 bad turnovers in the period.

Just saying for all the stats guys ... and they are plentiful. Watch the games (not just the stats or highlights) or don't comment on what went down.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Also, gotta say Burkey has toned it down a lot but is still an opinionated obnoxious guy who is usually right. He knows the game from different perspectives. Is he the new Don Cherry? I think so.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Crosby to Zucher looks deadly. Instantly, Pens are a better team for sure. Envious. If only we had such a GM.

Stan at this time of year typically trades for old has-beens, 4th line forwards and/or fringe Dmen and hopes the coach can fit 'em in (in the past I'd be surprised if their was much genuine communication between Q and Stan in that regard). They clearly had their own ideas and were anything but on the same wavelength much of the time. It's easy to see that Daley, Kempny, Duclair, Joker, Rundblad were all examples of players who Stan liked but the coach, not so much. Fact is Q was displeased to the point that he played all of these players sparingly, if at all. The point was made and it exposed the disconnect between the two.
I thought both Q and Stan would have been gone by now but I gotta ask myself, if Hawks felt they couldn't dismiss both guys at once, which guy would I keep. My answer would have been (reluctantly) Q ...... and I mean reluctantly. I will stick with my original thought. They both needed to go. Now, in my mind, it's a question of how long SB can hang on. He needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowch

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Also, gotta say Burkey has toned it down a lot but is still an opinionated obnoxious guy who is usually right. He knows the game from different perspectives. Is he the new Don Cherry? I think so.

Doug Maclean told me as much when I met him. Said they're grooming Burke to replace Cherry

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Doug Maclean told me as much when I met him. Said they're grooming Burke to replace Cherry

It's an obvious fit for Burke to replace Cherry and his coach's corner analysis. I look forward to seeing how far Brian Burke, a no-nonsense guy, can take it ...... same goes with Roenick south of the border. He will be back and very soon I reckon. Both have great opportunities. Roenick probably will enjoy it, Burke maybe not so much or with hesitation. There's nothing phoney about this guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: x Tame Impala

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Pens kick Leaf's ass tonight. Leaf's struggling to make PO's. Frederick Anderson can only do so much.

Freddy has been as much a problem as others

He has been pretty crappy most of year and well we all know what happens with Freddy when the stakes get meaningful and he has to make big save. He falls apart

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\The porous Leaf defensive system is on display game in and game out. Run 'n gun offensive hockey, hanging out their goaltender is the Leafs mantra - Andersen the workhorse has bailed them out often but as usual, you only see the negative.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
It's an obvious fit for Burke to replace Cherry and his coach's corner analysis. I look forward to seeing how far Brian Burke, a no-nonsense guy, can take it ...... same goes with Roenick south of the border. He will be back and very soon I reckon. Both have great opportunities. Roenick probably will enjoy it, Burke maybe not so much or with hesitation. There's nothing phoney about this guy.
Roenick is gunna have to take his talents elsewhere, nbc cut him loose about a week ago for his comments on Spittin Chiclets

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Watching Tor/Pitt game and the stats say Leafs had 4 turnovers in the first period. It just shows what a joke such stats are. Leafs had at least 10 bad turnovers in the period.

Just saying for all the stats guys ... and they are plentiful. Watch the games (not just the stats or highlights) or don't comment on what went down.
Some people watch the games, and look at stats, Bobby. That's what smart people do.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Some people watch the games, and look at stats, Bobby. That's what smart people do.

I think you'd be surprised at how many don't watch the full games yet feel compelled to make comments based on highlights and the stats sheet. It's usually quite obvious when it does happen. But then there are others who see what they want to see. ;)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I think you'd be surprised at how many don't watch the full games yet feel compelled to make comments based on highlights and the stats sheet. It's usually quite obvious when it does happen. But then there are others who see what they want to see. ;)
I'm sure there are some, yes. And yeah, you definitely see what you want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad