NHL: Around the League 44

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Sweet Jesus, No, please no to the 35 year old with hard miles who's even more allergic to working out than Brent Seabrook.

In 2010 Stan made a choice between Buff and Sharp. He made the right choice.

Enjoy the memories and move on to the future. Please. PLEASE.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
He left 14 million on the table and turned down an offer to be traded. Does that sound like a guy who wants to play?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The Blues/Pietrangelo situation is pretty interesting. Reading the Blues board it seems like it's not a guarantee that they re-sign him. Pretty ballsy IMHO. Recognizing you may have gotten the best years out of a player already and deciding his new contract may hinder the team more than help it is not an easy thing to do.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The Blues/Pietrangelo situation is pretty interesting. Reading the Blues board it seems like it's not a guarantee that they re-sign him. Pretty ballsy IMHO. Recognizing you may have gotten the best years out of a player already and deciding his new contract may hinder the team more than help it is not an easy thing to do.
Wish the Hawks had that type of management in 2015.

Reactions: Race Bannon

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
For the record, I wasn’t insinuating I thought Buf is an option. Just stated he was officially free. He’d need to have a major 180 mentally, prove himself physically and even then I’d only even consider on a low number, one year that was more incentive-laden.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Sweet Jesus, No, please no to the 35 year old with hard miles who's even more allergic to working out than Brent Seabrook.

In 2010 Stan made a choice between Buff and Sharp. He made the right choice.

Enjoy the memories and move on to the future. Please. PLEASE.

Ok .. first I am in no way insinuating that Buff come back to Chicago as it is more than apparent that he doesn't want to or can't play hockey any longer. But I disagree with your sentiment that Stan chose Sharp over Buff and made the right choice.
I love Sharpie too, but Buff not only played longer effectively but is/was such a force of nature that no matter how well Sharp contributed to the next 5 years I can't see how his effect would have been greater than Dustin's.
I guess Buff was like a super hot fling that just wasn't meant to last ..... alas!

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Ok .. first I am in no way insinuating that Buff come back to Chicago as it is more than apparent that he doesn't want to or can't play hockey any longer. But I disagree with your sentiment that Stan chose Sharp over Buff and made the right choice.
I love Sharpie too, but Buff not only played longer effectively but is/was such a force of nature that no matter how well Sharp contributed to the next 5 years I can't see how his effect would have been greater than Dustin's.
I guess Buff was like a super hot fling that just wasn't meant to last ..... alas!
Buff's 2010 role was easily replaced by Bickell.

Who knows if he ever moves back to D if he stays here. He'd have been the 4th Dman at best, and on the 3rd pairing if they still acquire Oduya.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
They didn’t let him walk until they let him walk. Top pairing defenseman get paid and they’re not easily replaced. Right or wrong I think the Blues move some other pieces to make room for Petro.
Fair, at the same time, they are playing more of a hardball game with him instead of just giving him a blank check before this past season started. If the Hawks waited as long as the Blues have to sign Pie, maybe they get Sebrook cheaper or decide he is priced out of their range. Maybe Panarin becomes a more attractive piece than an aging Seabrook.

Instead they gave him a blank cheque with no care about their future.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Buff's 2010 role was easily replaced by Bickell.

Who knows if he ever moves back to D if he stays here. He'd have been the 4th Dman at best, and on the 3rd pairing if they still acquire Oduya.
But what a 4th Dman!
We had no one on the back end who could physically enforce a field of terror like Big Buff.
Regarding Bickell easily replacing Buff .. if a hot dog trumps a T-bone than sure.
Come playoff time a player like Buff is pure gold.
But .. we won two more cups without Dustin and with Sharpie so no real complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad