NHL 22 Wishlist

Brovalchuk

Dec 8, 2011
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but being able to change player positions/type while inside franchise mode would be great. Seems like a misstep on EA that it isn't already something you can do.

Reactions: Hockey Stick

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but being able to change player positions/type while inside franchise mode would be great. Seems like a misstep on EA that it isn't already something you can do.

I have no idea why they took this out, I used to use this feature all the time.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Lets utilize line changes in CHEL - You have 4 player builds to bring into each game, and Captain of CHEL team puts them together in an edit lines screen. Then when games start actually have players get tired need to change. Where lines 2-4 will have to play and you take control of your next player build that's listed on line 2. Will bring depth to the game as far as chemistry across lines and make it potentially much more authentic.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
Start from the ground up.. this gen has been so blah.
Blah? I wish. Its been abhorrent.

I wrote this a whole generation ago and so much of it still holds true, and so much of it has gotten only worse. Google Docs - create and edit documents online, for free.

It turned into an invitation from the community manager to Ea Vancouver from all the reception and support from the official forums and tens of thousands of viewers only to then have a subsequent ban, thread deleted, no more than a week later on the forums and a ban on their actual game servers. Since then I bought only 3 years of my favorite sport's videogame adaptation. This game is beyond infuriating, for how imbalanced it is and rewards play. The discrepancy is so bafflingly bad.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The Islanders alumni team having Palffy, Czerkawski, Turgeon and Kenny Jonsson on it plus the addition of the fishermen jersey.

Reactions: PulockianSlapper

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think what they should do is like Fortnite update the game instead of selling out every single year. There could be a bonus bundle or the ability to buy something in the shop that's exclusive.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
My wishlist with NHL 22:

1) Better response time (the inputs are so freaking slow compared to other games it's ridiculous, even by EA standards).

2) No skill correction or help at all when confronting other players (if I play bad online, let me get thrashed 11-0, none of that coddling bull they've been pulling to ensure close games even though they claim they don't).

3) Much harder and more realistic GM mode, with quicker falling-outs with owners, coaches, players, and other GMs, same for accolades once success is reached. Also add some personality to the experience, not just menus, player stats and standings, maybe add the ability to spectate the game form up high, receive calls in-game, react to it, maybe initiate trades from it and more. I'm not looking for Sims: NHL GM edition, but at least work in some life into the whole game mode.

4) More complex and comprehensive player ratings (edgework, backwards skating, pivots, forward skating, lateral skating, range of effectiveness for best shots/one-timers, release speed, defensive angles, etc.) with actual effects in-game.

Nothing much really...

Last edited:

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
racist nicknames banned from EASHL so its enjoyable to play. prolly #1 on the list but doubt it happens

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Anyone hear anything if it is coming to Stadia? PS4 remote is on the fritz and thinking about switching

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
during franchise mode ..being able to play with the ECHL teams along with the other clubs.

how about being able to run two NHL clubs first.

for be a pro for me would be nice if you could see more of the management screens that ae in franchise mode, even if you cannot control them.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I certainly hope the music playlist improves.

NHL18 and 19? Absolute gold, especially 18. 20 and 21 have been pretty meh. For one that spends a lot of time simulating and playing a few games per season on GM mode, a good music playlist is a big wish list item for me.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I certainly hope the music playlist improves.

NHL18 and 19? Absolute gold, especially 18. 20 and 21 have been pretty meh. For one that spends a lot of time simulating and playing a few games per season on GM mode, a good music playlist is a big wish list item for me.
It always gets me wondering how EA can get such good soundtracks for Madden and Fifa, but not NHL. I know the money that they bring in from each game is different, but it seems like they don't even try some years for NHL

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
EA Sports hasn't had the same options in Madden in over a decade. Like RFA contracts which IIRC haven't been in the game since the PS2 era or contract structure.

I'll be amazed if they even bother with NHL 22 for anything franchise mode without removing other features. Especially since this is probably their lowest profitable game(for good reason).

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Lets utilize line changes in CHEL - You have 4 player builds to bring into each game, and Captain of CHEL team puts them together in an edit lines screen. Then when games start actually have players get tired need to change. Where lines 2-4 will have to play and you take control of your next player build that's listed on line 2. Will bring depth to the game as far as chemistry across lines and make it potentially much more authentic.

This sounds pretty cool but everyone would choose the same build for the 4 lines I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad