NHL 22 Wishlist

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Make ratings more realistic. I don’t want to see 89 this or 90 that. I want to see interpretations or more “human” ratings. Kinda how we see strengths and weaknesses, and skills assessments for draft picks. Seems more realistic. Some objective things, like max skating speed or shot speed would work, but how do you quantify checking power? Measure the psi, normalize and scale?

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Details on next gen Madden 22 are pretty groundbreaking,

EA better similarly up their game for NHL 22

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Details on next gen Madden 22 are pretty groundbreaking,

EA better similarly up their game for NHL 22

With how bare bones the EA NHL development team, I'll just take a game existing with fewer bugs than current.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Why were outdoor rinks removed?

So dumb. Let us play the winter classics with each roster at the time

That was one of the coolest parts about NHL Hut was when you got the random dude who had the outdoor rink. You mean to tell me you can't port it over from EASHL to HUT?

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I think we need a realistic speed burst button. Not the “hustle” they have now, and not some overpowered turbo button. Like a 3 step burst that lets you push the puck out front to get a step on a defender (with less control over the puck) or to recover defensively.

And you MUST be able to stick handle and skate at the same time. How is that not in hockey at this point? Make puck control decreased depending how fast you’re going/how much traffic you’re skating in/how in tight to the net you are.

I want to see the skating styles they implemented be more varied (rather than having to edit them yourself) and more pronounced. Even when I edited 70% of players skating styles, everyone still looks the same. Make it so players actually look different on the ice.

Implement more like glancing contact. Like a player being to dodge a check and slightly off balance or hits that don’t connect. Improve board play and cycle AI if possible.

Add more player likenesses. Live the Life was a good first run, now add solid depth and variety to the mode.

Get tossed from face offs. Much better commentary.

Trivial, but bring back the all star game and skills competition.

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
Please make the puck visible through the goalie when playing as goalie. It’s pretty annoying having a huge blind spot directly in front of you when a skater is in close...gives the skater a huge advantage.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Just said it in the other NHL 22 thread, but improved defensive AI would be awesome. It's the #1 reason why I get 4 games into franchise mode before never touching it again. At lower difficulty levels, you just blow other teams away. At higher difficulty levels, you still outshoot them by a ton, but you're up against prime Hasek every game.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I wish in Franchise mode, you could lock in a player at that position and line in your lineup. I sim so the CPU adjusts everyday lineups with injuries.

You can change the settings in the franchise where the assistant coach is allowed to switch up your lines. click no and youre all set. When injuries happen the computer will ask you if you want to replace him or let the head coach replace him. Letting the head coach will change up your lines. I would recommend you changing the injured player so that you have FULL control over your lines.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Just said it in the other NHL 22 thread, but improved defensive AI would be awesome. It's the #1 reason why I get 4 games into franchise mode before never touching it again. At lower difficulty levels, you just blow other teams away. At higher difficulty levels, you still outshoot them by a ton, but you're up against prime Hasek every game.

Yup and the worst part is you let up 13 shots and your goalie sucks and he gives up 3 goals.

#YouCanNeverHaveAGoodGoalie

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
You can change the settings in the franchise where the assistant coach is allowed to switch up your lines. click no and youre all set. When injuries happen the computer will ask you if you want to replace him or let the head coach replace him. Letting the head coach will change up your lines. I would recommend you changing the injured player so that you have FULL control over your lines.
I know I can do all that. I sim my seasons and don't want to have to do that every time someone gets hurt and then have to reset them. I wish I could lock in a player at a certain spot. When I have Connor Bedard scratched in his 2nd season instead of playing or having him play in the AHL, it gets frustrating.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I know I can do all that. I sim my seasons and don't want to have to do that every time someone gets hurt and then have to reset them. I wish I could lock in a player at a certain spot. When I have Connor Bedard scratched in his 2nd season instead of playing or having him play in the AHL, it gets frustrating.

Oh okay, i play my seasons through. I didnt realize that you did that. Yea this game gets frustrating in many ways. I hope they fix some of the issues that we have brought up

Reactions: ArchAngel55

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Need to make AI smarter. Sick of my team mates skating into me. Or if I lose a puck they start to back up and play defense and chase.

passing is shit too. Idk how many plays get messed up going to the wrong person

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Trading also need to be reworked a bit. Offered 2 low picks and 2 low prospects for Akil Thomas who isnt ranked that great in the game and nothing.

Also 3 firsts for Patrick Kane at like 32 is unrealistic.

Last edited:

UED

May 2, 2021
Man NHL 21 is awful as are all the others. I could put SO many more things in here but keeping it to the VERY important things...

- The AI needs to be improved a LOT...it's so awful like my AI teammates are actively playing against me...
Most importantly for me is franchise mode fixes...
- Let me turn off chemistry, which just makes every be a GM the same and makes certain players(two-way and grinders) borderline unusable. A lot of auto-generated players have AWFUL chemistry with every coach too. And let me actually turn it off, not just make it invisible.
- Let me see and edit shoot-pass bias...the most important rating for a playmaker is offense awareness which of course I can see, well the most important one for a sniper is shoot-pass bias, why can't I see it??
- Fix development(shooting and skating very barely develop, and auto-generated elite potential defensive dmen never develop an offensive game. Why cant the elite ones develop to at least 86 offense)
- Def. awareness is worth a bit too many overall points for dmen. It's worth more than half an overall.
- Players don't hit enough. I tried setting some players to 99 body checking and aggressiveness and they just hit 150 times per year...

And more wishlisty:

- Put it on PC
- GM Connected
- Let me play more than 25 years. Why not 50? So I can build a team, compete for 15 years, rebuild, and compete again for another 15 years?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Remember when EA used to release info on the new upcoming games in April...then it slowly went to late June...now we are in July and still nothing. Guess we can assume another pile of crap is on the menu.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Make ratings more realistic. I don’t want to see 89 this or 90 that. I want to see interpretations or more “human” ratings. Kinda how we see strengths and weaknesses, and skills assessments for draft picks. Seems more realistic. Some objective things, like max skating speed or shot speed would work, but how do you quantify checking power? Measure the psi, normalize and scale?

i want ratings to go up if a player has a good year. I play like 80 of my franchise games and players who be in mid 70s or early 80s will have a good season next season their rating is the same or drops or only goes up a tiny bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad