NHL 22 Wishlist

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
There are a lot of wants but some should be very easy. Look at the be a pro. Why can you not see league transactions? have a team cap page like cap friendly. Would be good to see what team mates are signed for and how long.

Jysk

Jul 3, 2004
Skellefteå Sweden
Ability to edit name, height, weight and country on computer generated players. Sick of having peter ovechkin from Denmark go first overall in drafts.
More ability to edit gear, logos etc.
Classic goal horns, ex hartfords brass bonanza
Real coaches
Gameplay will never be realistic so give us ability to edit and play with just about everything. That would do it for me

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Totally right about WOC and yeah cross-platform would be dope. One thing also that would be great would be the option to create open lobbies for clubs where single players could join. Or alternatively have sort of a bigger global lobby where as a player or club you could invite players to play (see their stats & positions etc.). At least with my club there is often a situation where we have like 4/6 guys ready to play but we won't because it sucks balls to play with skater bots.

check nhlgamer discord

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
it would be good if they got rid of these absurd 3 week finals on open ice. First time was cool, I think the whole player base hates it already.
Shouldn't even have to wait for 22 to get rid of this but EA is gonna EA

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
Yeah I know about the nhlgamer community but I think the whole WOC clubs should be more streamlined to make it more accessible for casual players looking for better experience than drop-ins which are most of the time a complete gongshow.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
If EA actually cared, they would charge a yearly fee for Roster updates and bug fixes. Then take their time and release a great game every 2-3 years.

The biggest problems with the game is the AI that helps manipulate outcomes online and the destruction of 6 on 6. EASHL used to be the most fun you could have in any video game. Now the game resembles the slogfest that you regularly see in the real NHL. Players are too big, the ice is too congested........defensemen have been completely neutered.
That’s the things, there are to many AI inputs even when you are in control of your player, especially 6v6 eashl. There’s to much computer control, at least make a HARDCORE MODE like a real hardcore mode
Please.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Update/add goalie mask options. The Islanders haven't worn navy blue as their primary blue in quite some time, yet they continue to use it. So lazy and such an easy fix.

For jerseys I can't complain too much. I love that the have the 06-07 era unis, as they have the Isles orange and original Bolts unis, in addition I like the 10-11 jerseys being in there. The Show and last I had Madden didn't have as good of options as I've seen with NHL. There definitely could be more and I wouldn't complain, but overall I'm fairly happy with it. I feel if they added any they would take away others, which is dumb.

Reactions: mk80

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
Just make a game that actually works and resembles actual hockey. The product they put out is as if someone who has never watched hockey was asked to describe the concept of hockey to a man who hates joy.

They focus so much on stupid gimmicks without ever actually trying to fix significant issues that have been around for ages.

To be fair the vast majority of people who play the EA NHL series are kids who aren't looking for an authentic hockey experience ... they're just looking for some mindless fun and EA caters to them.

I don't think there will ever be a true "realistic" hockey video game, unfortunately. At least not anytime in the near future.

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
Defensemen can’t play defense anymore. If I tap the rb button it’s an instant penalty. Pucks go right through sticks even if you have defensive awareness perks on etc. garbage.

It’s crazy how a decade goes by and the game that came out then is superior to this shit
Poke checking is actually pretty good this year. Don't hate cause you can't aim your pokes.

Reactions: FerrisRox

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Maybe unpopular opinion but lacrosse dekes shouldn’t be nearly as impossible as they are in the game, it’s 100x easier to pull of in real life than in a video game which makes no sense. Doesn’t have to result in a goal very often but it should at least be reasonably easy to lift the puck. Playing online I’ve never even seen anyone attempt it

Reactions: heksagon

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
The core gameplay and physics are so terrible and unrealistic in all these games since 1994 NHL/1995NHL PC (the gold standards of gameplay). 2K NHL games had decent physics in the 3D era too. How does that not hit your lists?

Players have zero weight or momentum and can change directions at a whim. Players can receive and make passes when not even facing the puck carrier. Players can get shots off without having to protect the puck from defenders. The core gameplay in these game is just so poor, yet most of you just worry about being able to do outfit changes, franchise shit, real coaches, etc that doesn't even add to the fun of actually playing a hockey game in the game.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Redo completely from a new engine for PS5/Series X.

I'd switch dev teams too, this one seems to not innovate unless forced to. Compare Madden and NBA2K and you can see how far the NHL series has fallen behind, except of course in their micro transaction cash grab.

Reactions: CapSpace

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I play franchise mode. Havent played NHL 21 been on 20 still but I dont think a big difference.

Be cool for a MORE in depth franchise mode. Better announcer and PBP. More realistic gameplay.

Also maybe if a player has a good year he develops better or value goes up

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
The only item on my Wishlist is fix the cross crease.
I've completed cross crease one timers where my opponent had 4 guys standing in front of the net, it makes no sense.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Redo completely from a new engine for PS5/Series X.

I'd switch dev teams too, this one seems to not innovate unless forced to. Compare Madden and NBA2K and you can see how far the NHL series has fallen behind, except of course in their micro transaction cash grab.
Although far from perfect NHL is miles ahead of madden at least in gameplay. If the NHL series became animation based like Madden I would lose my mind.

amikaro

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2015
Simple menu instead of new animations
I really hope they stop adding more animations and gimmicks to the CHEL menu. Instead focus on the usability and speed of the menu.
When i want to casually play some CHEL 3vs3, i often spend 50% of my time being in this blown up menu and the really bad public game search. It's frustrating and it takes out a lot of fun.

Be a GM
  • A 2-way-forward/-defender can never achive a line chemistry of +5. What the heck?
  • Staff management has a terrible usability. It's actually pretty hard to replace staff without messing everything up. Once you had to put someone in an "interim" function it's just a mess.
  • Same goes for Scout Management.
  • Allow to play "be a gm" games also for multiple players (offline)
Gameplay
IMO it improved a lot and their on the right track. I would like to see improved interceptions, smarter defense and more rebound goals. Cross crease is too strong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad