NHL 22 Wishlist

Sep 19, 2008
It's comical that you think that those 2 are the downhill of this franchise when in reality it's the consumers who continue to buy this game year after year and Rammer who is so incredibly incompetent at his job that it's actually painful to know that he is being compensated for the "work" he does.
I heard the other day rammer was promoted at ea :laugh:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
It's comical that you think that those 2 are the downhill of this franchise when in reality it's the consumers who continue to buy this game year after year and Rammer who is so incredibly incompetent at his job that it's actually painful to know that he is being compensated for the "work" he does.

Game modes similar to HUT ruined sports games forever. If the performance of the game was purely measured by base sales we would see a different prioritization of features and more spending on development. Instead, EA can make far better margins through micro transactions, and justify having smaller development teams. Add in the fact that they have a monopoly for NHL and NFL licenses and you get a stagnant game year after year.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Not the downfall but a big part of it, basically two hut clowns as mouth pieces for rammer and the boys

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Game modes similar to HUT ruined sports games forever. If the performance of the game was purely measured by base sales we would see a different prioritization of features and more spending on development. Instead, EA can make far better margins through micro transactions, and justify having smaller development teams. Add in the fact that they have a monopoly for NHL and NFL licenses and you get a stagnant game year after year.

AFAIK they do not have.

Reactions: CasusBelli

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
It's bonkers how far this franchise has fallen. Needs some competition obviously. Somehow, the 90's/early-00's has me already looking forward to next year.

How do we get some of those campaigns going like those f***ers who got DC to make the Snyderverse?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'd be happy if Danish, Norwegian, Hungarian, Polish etc players generated in Franchise mode actually got Danish/Norwegian/Hungarian/Polish names. Doubt EA's gonna do the 30 minute work of googling the most common names in said countries, though. I'd also be happy if the game stopped generating five Norwegians to be drafted in the first round, and a Romanian player to be picked in the 2nd round every year.
These are the kinds of things that make games good. This is a small detail that drives me insane.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Just realized what I truly wanted about all else: smart commentary. A lot of advancements in AI these days and the fact that much of the game is predictable, even scripted, should make it quite doable.

Reactions: LokiDog

Tavares2Matthews

Mar 1, 2008
So like I don't know if anyone else is as confused as me but...

I have a Series X, if I get the dual entitlement of NHL 22 (Xbox One and Series X) will I be able to play with my friends who have Xbox One?

Want My Dach x 77

Sep 2, 2010
vancouver, bc
So like I don't know if anyone else is as confused as me but...

I have a Series X, if I get the dual entitlement of NHL 22 (Xbox One and Series X) will I be able to play with my friends who have Xbox One?
Yes you need to buy the Xbox one version aswell
Same game though with the frost bite engine , the only difference is the series x will have 60 FPS and 4K

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
That one might be better than Tiny Simpson, the 6'7", Low Franchise, South Korean Goaltender that I just stole in the 4th round the other day.
Conditional probabilities and/or dictionaries clearly elude these guys. And I’m not even a professional programmer.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Anyone else find it kinda sus that TacTixHD & Nasher are all of a sudden rolling out all these NHL Hitz videos simultaneously? They've both worked with EA and stuff, I get the feeling they were told to do this because they're going to roll out an expansion for NHL 22 that involves a new NHL Hitz

Might be wishful thinking but it's weird

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Anyone else find it kinda sus that TacTixHD & Nasher are all of a sudden rolling out all these NHL Hitz videos simultaneously? They've both worked with EA and stuff, I get the feeling they were told to do this because they're going to roll out an expansion for NHL 22 that involves a new NHL Hitz

Might be wishful thinking but it's weird

I think that's just Nasher realizing the series is absolute garbage.

He was streaming 21 hard when it came out but you could see him get progressively more annoyed within a couple months to the point, as far as i can tell he stopped doing HUT content/streaming completely. Last time he streamed was before the new year, he got absolutely screwed on cross creases and was like "i think i'm done for the night" and then never streamed it again outside of EASHL lol.

He won't come out and say it since he works with/for EA but to me that spoke volumes. Smart move to play both sides; Doesn't have to stream the piece of shit game but gets to keep his cushy job with EA.

Even his last tweet was odd;

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
I really can't overemphasize how much more I'd love be a pro if they added team practice, all star weekend, and the olympics.

The same way the fight mechanic on the game allows you to watch players fight, you should be able to watch players in the all star skills competition. You could also do the same with the cup celebration.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
One thing that used to be in the ratings and has been removed (it may be behind the scenes, but then they should make it editable like the rest of the attributes) is things like shoot/pass bias.

We should be able to edit a player’s shoot/pass bias, check/poke bias, offense/defense bias. For example, you can have players who have pretty good defensive awareness but a high offense bias. This would be someone like Artemi Panarin for example. He’s not bad defensively, certainly has the awareness and stick to be effective, but he has an offensive bias. Rather than a) giving him a poor defensive awareness and having him suck defensively, or b) giving him a high defensive awareness and having him be too good defensively, it would be great to have him have good defensive awareness but a BEHAVIOR that means he’s more prone to breaking out of the zone early, etc.

Likewise, how often do you hear things like “X has a really good shot but he needs to use it more often”. In EA games, if you give him a good shot, he’s going to score a lot of goals. You can give him a bad shot to make sure he doesn’t score more goals than he would in real life, but it’s sucks that that’s currently the solution to this problem. Instead, why not just have a shoot/pass bias and give him a good shot, but an extreme pass bias.

These are the things that would make the game so much better. A player can be a good hitter but not hit often. Surprises people with a real solid check sometimes though. Set a check/poke bias. Aggressiveness is too vague and effects more than just checking. Having players with a high check bias means they will finish their check most of the time. Having players with a low check bias will not rack up a lot of hits. You can still be aggressive, as in pressuring on the forecheck and crashing then net, without registering a ton of hits.

The game needs this type of nuance and player differentiation BADLY.

JMACole

Jun 27, 2020
PEI
Obviously it won’t happen for NHL 22, but in a future game I would like to have the option of playing in different decades. 1920’s, 50’s, 70’s NHL that looks just like that era.

Reactions: blundluntman

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
As long as EA treats Be a Pro mode as a joke, I will regard their game as a joke. I'm not giving them another dime until they show they actually care about the quality of their games. As in, when pigs fly I will buy another EA game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad