NHL 22 Wishlist

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
No glitchy board play mechanic and make throwing more pucks on net worthwhile instead of everyone backskating around the perimeter until a one-timer opens up.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
1.The game play needs to start to emulate actual hockey
2. fans in the stands needs to be more animate, can do black outs and white outs with fans all wearing the same jerseys etc,
3. when a player is taking a the faceoff and goes early he gets kicked out and a winger comes to take the draw
4. cheap ass goals need to stop when dominating a team
5. The AI on our own team needs to be smarter
6. More and better goal celebrations
7. Many different stanley cup endings especially when you win multiple straight
8. Goalies need to be better
9. fighting needs to be fixed big time, along with being able to have multiple fights going at one time
10. scrums, pushing and shoving in front of the net when goalies hold the puck
11. better openings for the games
12. when you win the cup, there is a banner raising at the start of the season,

Just to name a few. This game could be amazing but they F it up more and more every year

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
1.The game play needs to start to emulate actual hockey
2. fans in the stands needs to be more animate, can do black outs and white outs with fans all wearing the same jerseys etc,
3. when a player is taking a the faceoff and goes early he gets kicked out and a winger comes to take the draw
4. cheap ass goals need to stop when dominating a team
5. The AI on our own team needs to be smarter
6. More and better goal celebrations
7. Many different stanley cup endings especially when you win multiple straight
8. Goalies need to be better
9. fighting needs to be fixed big time, along with being able to have multiple fights going at one time
10. scrums, pushing and shoving in front of the net when goalies hold the puck
11. better openings for the games
12. when you win the cup, there is a banner raising at the start of the season,

Just to name a few. This game could be amazing but they F it up more and more every year

Also easier to start a fight or more realistic.

fighters almost never accept a fight. I dont think Tom Wilson has ever accepted one of my fights in NHL someone else always initiates with one of my non fighters or occasional fighters tho

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I'd like to see them get rid of the automatic faceoff loss if you jump too early on the draw
I still haven't played NHL 21 but man was that annoying the past few years since the controller would sometimes go forward without any input seemingly.

SyZyGY

Jun 13, 2021
For eashl : they should really add line changes, up and down hockey feels weird to me.. noone can play a 60 minutes game like this

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Also please for the love of all that is holy, stop with these gitchy ass goals from the computer when they are getting DOMINATED. You can legit never have a good goalie in the game.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Honestly I don't really care what it is but just do something different with the gameplay. It's been the same gliding (why do you have to stop skating to stick handle??), opposite side top corner shots, one timer abuse, and auto goal breakaway moves for over a decade now.

Reactions: LokiDog

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I'd like for them to skip a year and build something great instead of patching up crap and shoveling it out the door because they don't have enough time each year before the next one is due.

Reactions: Sicko

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
How about a more realistic game play where you can't just back-skate through a couple of defencemen and score a goal.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Realese in september or october what do you think guys?

Hoping for a cool ESPN game package for realism!!

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
What I like about NBA 2K is when u create an expansion team the online community already has uniforms and arenas designed. Wish EA had this so we could create teams who are no longer in the league.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Since I pay for EA play I decided to make an expansion franchise. Again it be cool if there was an online community like in 2K where u could download teams made by other people. For example if someone made a quebec nordiques template

its better than 2020 but not that much better. Need to make gameplay more realistic. After whistle scrums. Better intros, cut scenes and endings.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
The game is realistic if you play it realistically. Make the smart poke check, don’t always go for the big hit, don’t make risky passes ...

Audio is the worst aspect of the game for me. The game feels empty without commentary, but the commentary is so poor, and the arena music is obnoxiously generic and repetitive.

Reactions: yzerman

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Should be hearing something about ‘22 soon, right?

July 22 is the EA Play Live events so we should get a teaser or a trailer possibly. I think it leaked they were hiring for someone familiar with frost bite. I fully expect a gutted Frostbite version for PS5/Xbox One plus One or whatever and a new cover/ roster updated NHL 21 for Ps4/Xbone. Wouldnt expect anything big for offline modes until NHL 25.

EpiK Sandwich

Long time lurker, first time poster
Nov 21, 2020
Columbus, OH
My hopes for this game are at an all time low as someone who has played since a kid on '94, the back skating L2/ LT abuse online is absurd, same dumb goals vs cpu goalies, honestly this was the year I said "enough" and stopped playing 1v1 Online, HUT, anything.. 6 v 6 was all I played.. and it was still "meh" with how the game plays. I used to pre-order, play the hell out of this game even if it was bad, but enough is enough.

Revamp everything for this new generation, because whatever bare bones they used skeleton-wise for this entire gen was just terrible. That being said, expecting a roster update with the same bs.. this time I can play it on PS5 though!

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
I would really like for cross crease goals to stop being as widely successful as they are. I have two guys blocking the path but the puck magically floats between them and lands perfectly on the tape? cmon.

also for some reason there is a speed discrepancy. one game i am flying, the next my players are moving like mud. fix that.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Something different would be nice
Story mode would be really cool. not sure what they could do to make a hockey story mode but Im down to try it.
ANYTHING new at this point will be nice.
the small adds they do every year are pretty pitiful.
Be A Pro change was cool and all but still a maaaaaaaajor work in progress.
Feels like I'm only buying the new NHL games for updated rosters

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
NHL 22 really needs to reboot gameplay and franchise mode. Maybe have some real coaches too?

Am I dreaming or did franchise mode use to be deeper and more entertaining?
it's been basically the same since the beginning of time.
they just keep addings little small things here and there. gotten stale and boring I'll admit but the funny thing is for the most part. Franchise Mode is all I really care about.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
it's been basically the same since the beginning of time.
they just keep addings little small things here and there. gotten stale and boring I'll admit but the funny thing is for the most part. Franchise Mode is all I really care about.

All I play in 2K, Madden and NHL is franchise. Coworker was telling me a few years ago developers dont care much about franchise anymore cuz the $$$ is in like HUT or created teams that people have to spend extra money on.

I just want an enjoyable franchise mode. Have stated in here various times if EA wasnt lazy and copied like 10% of what 2K did/does in their franchise it would be 1000xs better.

For example in one of the older 2Ks in franchise mode u had a bar that had every player and staff member with their moral at any time u could call them into ur office and talk to them. Depending how the convo went their morale goes up or down.

I think that in NHL would be cool

Also EA is just plain lazy to not include no trade and no movement clauses in the game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad