Prospect Info: NHL 2017 Entry Draft - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
No improvements for this offseason.. no playoffs this season either.. I was patient with Chevy all season when we didn't have a goalie but now we miss the playoffs for no reason... I am on board with the firing of Chevy unless he finds a way to get a real good Goaltender and a traded back up... I guarantee nodbody would take a 24th OA,Toby and Dano for a 15th OA pick and under which shows how stupid Chevy is.
Calvin Pickard coming this way?

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
D-Men Button has ranked around 24...

17. Valimaki
19. Brannstrom
30. Timmins
31. Vaakanainen
34. Jokiharju

Mental note: I'll need to do more research on Timmins.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

17. Valimaki
19. Brannstrom
30. Timmins
31. Vaakanainen
34. Jokiharju

Vaakanainen or Brannstrom, please. :nod:

(I would have been happy with either of them at #13).

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
It also annoys me that the Coyotes are drafting one spot ahead of us. Since they have another pick in the 1st round they are going to be open to taking a flyer on a Brannstrom or drafting a more under the radar player like Vaakanainen if they fall

Last edited:

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
Is it weird I am actually more excited? I feel like now we could actually get a faller, whereas before I felt like we probably wouldnt have an easy decision. I think we have a great chance at a quality dman at 24.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It also annoys me that the Coyotes are drafting one spot ahead of us. Since they have another pick in the 1st round they are going to be open to taking a flyer on a Brannstrom or drafting a more under the radar player like Vaakanainen if they fall

They can't draft both of them.

Lots of intriguing prospects in that range.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

17. Valimaki
19. Brannstrom
30. Timmins
31. Vaakanainen
34. Jokiharju

POJ is another intriguing prospect. Josh Norris is a big riser at C.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Please explain your objection to taking what is arguably the best goalie in the draft. This may be our chance to draft a bona fide #1 goalie.

Yeah.. I don't think we should be going for a goalie that won't be a bonafide #1 for another 4-7 years if ever. Pick a Dman that will be ready and will help us sooner, and pick from the wide variety of NHL ready tenders available right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad