Prospect Info: NHL 2017 Entry Draft - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Some options...

D: Brannstrom, Vaakanainen, Hague, Timmins, (Foote)
C: Thomas, Norris

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Some options...

That's a nice list. Ill add Yamamoto, Kostin, and Poehling to the list of possible forwards. First two are big time boom or bust that could pay off, the latter may be a safer pick that has lower ceiling.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
if we don't go with a Finn. i am thinking the Yamamoto kid. if the game keeps changing to a speedier less interference/hacky hacky game the wee man will be awesome. jets speed will be incredible.

very good chance he is still available at 24. unless arizona screws us with the second pick.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
That's a nice list. Ill add Yamamoto, Kostin, and Poehling to the list of possible forwards. First two are big time boom or bust that could pay off, the latter may be a safer pick that has lower ceiling.

I like those three, though maybe Kostin carries some risk, I suppose. But he could be a home run. I think he'll be gone before 24.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I like those three, though maybe Kostin carries some risk, I suppose. But he could be a home run. I think he'll be gone before 24.

Looking at these lists makes me smile every time.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2017-draft/2017-nhl-draft-rankings

Look at the discrepency. It's amazing the difference from 8-28. I see that and get really excited that so many guys are ranked all over the place, we are bound to get a faller.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Some options...

I was already thinking Brannstrom was worth a "reach" at #13. If we snag him at #24 I'll be very happy indeed. He will be my 1st choice until he is off the board.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

I honestly think Yamamoto is riskier than Kostin. He is just so short, even Petan is taller than him

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Looking at these lists makes me smile every time.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2017-draft/2017-nhl-draft-rankings

Look at the discrepency. It's amazing the difference from 8-28. I see that and get really excited that so many guys are ranked all over the place, we are bound to get a faller.

If we get Poehling and adhere to the notion NACS posted, it'll be like we didn't drop in our pick at all (NACS has Poehling at 13). :sarcasm:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Had picked out Vaakanainen weeks ago as a possible at 13. Brannstrom's relative age made him interesting at 13. Obviously, If I was thinking of reaching for them at 13 I'd be more than happy to get them at 24. Several others who have been mentioned in this thread would also be 'nearly as good as' 13.

This draft still has potential to be very exciting. But, at 24 it also has higher potential to go wrong. There are some decent players who I would have been PO'ed to take at 13 but would be satisfied with at 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad