Prospect Info: NHL 2017 Entry Draft - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
For C's, I like Thomas and Norris more than Poehling and Chytil.

For D, I like Brannstrom, Foote, Jokiharju and POJ. I think 24 is a bit early for Hague, Timmins and Vaakanainen.

Peter Tagli Eddie

All 3 of them?
Apr 14, 2009
For C's, I like Thomas and Norris more than Poehling and Chytil.

For D, I like Brannstrom, Foote, Jokiharju and POJ. I think 24 is a bit early for Hague, Timmins and Vaakanainen.

Hague, Timmins and Vaakanainen are almost universally ranked higher than Jokiharju and POJ.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Hague, Timmins and Vaakanainen are almost universally ranked higher than Jokiharju and POJ.

One guy in his mock draft had us taking Jokiharju at 13. Called him the best defenseman in the dub this year.

Now I haven't looked into him much. Just saying the opinion is out there and consensus rankings this year don't mean squat.

Good chance he puts up a point a game next year in his 18 year old season like Valimaki did this year.

Huge part of Valimaki appeal to me was he looked to be NHL ready in two years vs 4 or 5 for a lot of the guys with similar potential.

Now that we are into the strictly upside area of the draft, there's 5 or 6 D alone that seem like good cantidates to be top four one day. Lots of options.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
I wonder if Foote is their guy. He's pretty big, pretty solid, good scoring, has pedigree, plays in the W. Anybody know how his grades are? Haha

I like Foote. I doubt he’s there are 24 though. I’d be less surprised to see Liljegren there at 24 than Foote.

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
I am really surprised, if the Jets pick Vaakanainen instead of Välimäki. Välimäki is IMO a risk-free pick and more NHL ready at the moment. He has been in North America for the last two seasons and has more leadership and scoring skills than Vaakanainen. He is also a true sportsman when it comes to physics, nutrition and attitude. Patrik knows him (they have lived within less than 10 kilometers from each others) and that would help in getting into the team.

I would personally like to see Juuso in Jets jersey in the future.

HDHockey

Jun 22, 2017
Cold White North
Hi! Long time reader, first time poster.
Definitely some interesting pieces this draft at 24. I think the influx of a lot of high skilled euros may be causing some more unknowns for this draft. Lots of talk about the finns (maybe cos of Laine? but also cos they are really good... at least the defencemen, which Jets need). I think there are a few swedes this season that offer some interesting value... although forwards

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I like Foote. I doubt he’s there are 24 though. I’d be less surprised to see Liljegren there at 24 than Foote.

I'm very pessimistic about this draft
Anything hopefully is in the first 20 picks

Everything else is like picking first on the 2nd round
Zzzzz

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The draft is now like the night before Christmas and you were full of eager anticipation of what you were gonna get. But then your parents come in and tell you santa is not real, there will be no gifts and hand you the paper delivery route you are starting tomorrow morning.

jetsfaneh

Feb 15, 2015
The draft is now like the night before Christmas and you were full of eager anticipation of what you were gonna get. But then your parents come in and tell you santa is not real, there will be no gifts and hand you the paper delivery route you are starting tomorrow morning.

No, that would be if we gave away our first round pick without still being in the first round at all. Or maybe losing a player like Dano plus the trade down in the first. I don't expect everyone to love the move but the overreaction here is cray cray. Get off the ledge and back on the couch ;)

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Don't be too shocked when the Jets draft a forward. They will be drafting the best available player in round #1 and not drafting for positional needs. It could still be a dman but it could be a forward, whoever the Jets deem BPA.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I feel sad now.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Don't be too shocked when the Jets draft a forward. They will be drafting the best available player in round #1 and not drafting for positional needs. It could still be a dman but it could be a forward, whoever the Jets deem BPA.

Could be a goalie. i can see a couple of goalies sneaking into that BPA spot. Don't be too shocked if they draft a goalie at 24, just sayin'...

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Who do we pick at 24?

With a decent trade to save Enstrom or Dano for a drop in Picks who do the Jets Pick in they're 1st Round Spot?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Trade it for a goalie. Dont care about who might crack the lineup in 4 years.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Trade it for a goalie. Dont care about who might crack the lineup in 4 years.

This. Although not sure there is a readily available/proven goalie worth it. A LD would be a good alternative too.

if we stay keep it, one of Urho Vaakanainen or Conor Timmins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->