**NHL 16 Thread** Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Because Microsoft won't give me a refund. Bought it digitally.

May as well keep it installed on the slim chance it'll get better.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
I haven't played this much until today. I love it. It destroys NHL 15 to me. The Ai is wayyyy better. PP's are like real life. Setting up in the offensive zone even 5 on 5 is like real life on hardcore.

I scored a Hat-Trick and they didn't even throw hats down when I was at home? The commentators said "here come the hats" and I was waiting lol.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Lol i thought you guys were being dramatic about the tripping penalties. Just played a game where the kid quit in the second period. 12 penalties total, 11 trips. Jesus.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
New Tuner is a joke

- They should decreased puck control
- Put poke check back like before but give a penalty if you sam it 5 times

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The tripping penalty in this game is a ****ing piece of ****ing garbage that pisses me ****ing off. **** EA and their stupid ****** stupid piece of ****ing **** tripping penalties.

Edit: Seriously, **** the stupid piece of ****ing **** tripping penalties.

Last edited:

Steamwhistle

Nov 10, 2014
Toronto
I don't mind the new tuner. It forces players to actually play defense. I don't call spamming poke check defense.

Except this tuner makes the pokecheck completely useless, it doesn't defeat "pokecheck spam". Besides, people that overused the pokecheck pre-tuner weren't that hard to beat, you just needed to adapt to their play style. The game was fine before.

Either way, this will be fixed by tomorrow afternoon.

Starsfan24

Let's Go Cubbies
Apr 19, 2007
Denton, TX - UNT
www.twitter.com
Weeeeeee.

CQC2egDUEAAxNZv.jpg

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
New tuner set is absolutely ridiculous. Every pokecheck results in a penalty, it's terrible. The game was fine before this, no idea why they changed this.
I thought maybe the guys I was playing were just having bad luck, but wow. Had like 20 PPs in two games. Felt bad for them after a while.

Anyone else having problems with faceoffs in the offensive zone? I won like 6 or 7 back from the left side and they just went right by my defenseman and into my own zone. Annoying as hell.

And why does every slapper go 150 km/h? ****

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Yea the triping penalties are getting out of control, i swear i just took 17 tripping penalties in just one game, still won tho.

Steamwhistle

Nov 10, 2014
Toronto
I'm winning a lot more but I'm enjoying the game less, if that makes any sense. I feel like my play style is better suited for such a slow pace, but it's so slow that I get bored haha

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
I thought maybe the guys I was playing were just having bad luck, but wow. Had like 20 PPs in two games. Felt bad for them after a while.

Anyone else having problems with faceoffs in the offensive zone? I won like 6 or 7 back from the left side and they just went right by my defenseman and into my own zone. Annoying as hell.

And why does every slapper go 150 km/h? ****

It's symptomatic of the fact that players have ZERO awareness of the puck this year.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
New Tuner is just awful

- Perfect pokecheck = Penalty becuz of Imput lag
- You cannot defend properly without getting 15 penalty.
- Puck control and A button Ballerina is worse than ever.
- Seriously it<s more awful than before with all the corner dancing and force a pass 50 times a game with Carl Hagelin.

- I still won all my games yesterday but god it was boring and long.

Aug 6, 2012
Every NHL game after release I have played sooo much. This game not so much. I don't have that itch to play. Maybe its just me, but it definitely has to do with the game being incredibly boring and dry.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
I guess I'm one of the only ones who likes the new update. I took one tripping penalty in 4 games last night. It forces players to use the poke check smart and strategically. Also, I had no problem getting the puck from the other team by stick lifting/hitting/poking.

snizzbone*

The pokecheck spamming was not an issue before. You can't play real defense in the NHL games because you cannot control the stick while on defense. In real life, defensemen use their stick to defend everything. That's how you defend. Some people may think the poke check spamming is dumb or whatever, but you just simply need to get better. Everyone in the higher divisions of HUT are INSANELY good at offense, to the point where you need to be able to poke check if you want to defend. You can't just control your defender and hope to stop people from scoring. When on offense / with the puck you have full control of your stick, but the defenders do not, making it completely unfair and imbalanced.

Either make the pokecheck work, or decrease puck control by a lot.

Mutants99

Nov 2, 2013
Ok so please help. We haven't been able to play club at all yet since it came out because whoever is the party leader is left out of games for some reason. It just says the game is in progress and then whoever actually gets in is kicked because we only have 2 in our club right now. We're the only ones with the game, but we want to play club. Any help or suggestions? EA isn't answering me on Twitter.

Thanks boys.
Check your NAT status, both of you, one of you may be have a strict NAT.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
The pokecheck spamming was not an issue before. You can't play real defense in the NHL games because you cannot control the stick while on defense. In real life, defensemen use their stick to defend everything. That's how you defend. Some people may think the poke check spamming is dumb or whatever, but you just simply need to get better. Everyone in the higher divisions of HUT are INSANELY good at offense, to the point where you need to be able to poke check if you want to defend. You can't just control your defender and hope to stop people from scoring. When on offense / with the puck you have full control of your stick, but the defenders do not, making it completely unfair and imbalanced.

Either make the pokecheck work, or decrease puck control by a lot.

This.

I was having a blast playing the game up until their recent tuner.

Before the tuner, I had gone 15-10-2 and I was really enjoying everything. I tried playing two games after the tuner and I just couldn't defend. Went 0-2 and lost 6-1 and 4-0. I guess I'll wait to see if EA fixes this and brings it back to how it was initially or if they decide to keep it, adapt myself but wow...

The gameplay isn't even enjoyable anymore because every couple seconds one of the 2 teams is interrupting play because of a tripping penalty. It's brutal :facepalm:. This isn't NFL, where gameplay stops every few seconds, this is hockey. And tell me if teams actually get 9 to 15 power play opportunities in a game ...

Unplayable for me at the moment.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I guess I'm one of the only ones who likes the new update. I took one tripping penalty in 4 games last night. It forces players to use the poke check smart and strategically. Also, I had no problem getting the puck from the other team by stick lifting/hitting/poking.

I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad