**NHL 16 Thread** Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I see after a couple weeks people have found the glitch goal. Drag the puck behind you so you can't poke it or you get called for a trip and slowly come in on the short side till the goalie drops then roof it short side. Lost 8-6 last night in club to it. Impossible to defend if you get caught deep in the zone to two cherry pickers. Now I remember why I hated club unless you have at least 4's.

I posted this back in the beta for EA to fix. Even posted it on the EA forums. Looks like they never got around to it. My buddy and I literally found it out 1 day into the beta.

then there is garbage like this:

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I see after a couple weeks people have found the glitch goal. Drag the puck behind you so you can't poke it or you get called for a trip and slowly come in on the short side till the goalie drops then roof it short side. Lost 8-6 last night in club to it. Impossible to defend if you get caught deep in the zone to two cherry pickers. Now I remember why I hated club unless you have at least 4's.

I posted this back in the beta for EA to fix. Even posted it on the EA forums. Looks like they never got around to it. My buddy and I literally found it out 1 day into the beta.

then there is garbage like this:

You just have to be disciplined and play with a user d and it's fairly easy to read and cover with the block pass. I never play EASHL 2v2 however.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
You just have to be disciplined and play with a user d and it's fairly easy to read and cover with the block pass. I never play EASHL 2v2 however.

I actually havent had anyone use it against me, just found it.

Also I dont usually play 2s though. Just during the beta and the first few days of NHL 16.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Wow this new tuner is horrible

Will likely stop playing soon

x2

Normally I'm not one to complain about this stuff but this is bad. 90% of the games i've played since they reversed the tuner, the kid just hits the poke button literally non stop on defense no matter how close/far he is from the puck carrier. And when I say literally, I am actually being serious here. The amount of times ive seen a stick go threw a leg multiple times in a row is absolutely insane. Takes all the fun out of the game. Damn shame.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
x2

Normally I'm not one to complain about this stuff but this is bad. 90% of the games i've played since they reversed the tuner, the kid just hits the poke button literally non stop on defense no matter how close/far he is from the puck carrier. And when I say literally, I am actually being serious here. The amount of times ive seen a stick go threw a leg multiple times in a row is absolutely insane. Takes all the fun out of the game. Damn shame.

The guys own quote about the change back showed what ******** it was.

We have removed “Increased the likelihood to trip a player when a pokecheck goes into the opponents skates or legs.â€

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
HUT is absolutely brutal. Unplayable.

You can't get one pass through anyone, all you have to do is spam poke check and it goes right to you. Chess has a faster pace than this game. ****ing awful. Game is slow, defensive garbage. Every game is 1-0 or 2-1. It's called an ARCADE game. This is closer to a turn-based strategy game.

Since when?

They are trying to simulate a hockey game - which is a game full of strategy.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
I can score 5-6 with Ease...people spamming poke check = more easier to deke them them chasing more. Cycle it more and cross-crease = eays goal...

Funny seeing guys with 6 all-stars...they skate fast...try short-side wrist or straight-line ..go in corner and force a pass...

Work it behind the net 3-4-5 timesand the crease will be open sooner than later.

Also for the love of god...stop using small guy liek Hagelin-Gaudreau etc...they are uselesss

Big body = Winning in higher division

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I have no problem scoring 5-6 per game and it is incredibly easy to exploit poke check spammers. I don't know what everyone is talking about.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
This game is horrible... It was alright, but whatever the **** they did to the tuner ruined it.

I don't get mad at games very easily but this one makes me want to throw my Xbox out the window. It's so ****ing aggravating.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I can score 5-6 with Ease...people spamming poke check = more easier to deke them them chasing more. Cycle it more and cross-crease = eays goal...

Funny seeing guys with 6 all-stars...they skate fast...try short-side wrist or straight-line ..go in corner and force a pass...

Work it behind the net 3-4-5 timesand the crease will be open sooner than later.

Also for the love of god...stop using small guy liek Hagelin-Gaudreau etc...they are uselesss

Big body = Winning in higher division

I have no problem scoring 5-6 per game and it is incredibly easy to exploit poke check spammers. I don't know what everyone is talking about.

No one's saying you cant exploit poke check spammers. Hell, i've still won most of my games since then. It's just ****ing stupid. If I spend $60 on a hockey game, I'd like to play actual hockey instead of figuring out how to beat exploits. Too much to ask for I guess...

Last edited:

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
No one's saying you cant exploit poke check spammers. Hell, i've still won most of my games since then. It's just ****ing stupid. If I spend $60 on a hockey game, I'd like to play actual hockey instead of figuring out how to beat exploits. Too much to ask for I guess...

In real hockey players don't lash their sticks out every 2 seconds. It's a video game and you can't control the other player.

I still don't know why people expect a hockey game from a neglected, severely underfunded and minuscule portion of a giant conglomerate (that has been voted "Worst Company in America" for multiple years) to be realistic.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I am so, so sick of this game bailing out scrubs.

I've lost at least 5 games because i outshoot the opponent like 4-1 (last game i played i had 40-10) and i lose 2-1 because my ***** of a goalie craps himself and lets in two goals that have no business going in. 75% of my chances were high percentage plays thanks to nice passing and such. 3 of which i had a wide open net on a cross crease thanks to him pulling his d-man out of position only for my guy to miss the net.

There is no skill here. There is BS, scrubs and way too many lucky bounces. Make these scrubs play a real sports game like NBA 2K16 and force them to learn what real skill is.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Just now realized how dumb the potentials are

its elite then either top 4 dman or top 6 forward

what in the World do they know what elite means?

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I've basically taken to quitting Online Versus games the second something blitheringly ******** happens.

Doesn't matter if I'm winning, losing, tie. Doesn't matter if I'm 5 minutes in, or 30 seconds from the end of the game. The second something so mindblowingly stupid happens that I just lose faith in the gaming industry and humanity as a whole, I quit. It's not even necessarily after a goal too. Maybe it's a picture perfect tape to tape pass that somehow goes through the player all the way down the ice for an icing. Or maybe it's a series of chances on net that, despite having all five players on my team piling on the puck and the guy on the other team making miracle passes all over the offensive zone, somehow magically never even ONCE enters my possession for even a second.

No frustration, no throwing my controller at the wall, no flipping off the TV. I just quit and start up the next one. I want to keep playing, I want to get better where I can... but I'm done tolerating that **** for the sake of online etiquette. Once EA fixes their ****** game, you guys won't have to worry about that anymore.

My record is taking a nasty beating though.

Last edited:

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I've been playing for two hours and I haven't finished an Online Versus game yet, something mindblowingly stupid happens every single game. I want to finish a game, but I'll be up all night if I try to do that...

hof2120

Mar 17, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
After almost a hundred games overall played, I've come to a conclusion. This game panders to those who don't know know hockey. You get punished if you try to actually set up in the offensive zone and cycle the puck around. Everything that can get intercepted does, and poke checks are unreal. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for improved computer AI, especially on defense, but this is just ridiculous.

You're better off going coast to coast, circling around, and whip a pass cross crease than you are to establish possession in the zone. For a game they tried to make more realistic, I feel like they made it even more arcade-like. I'll still play it because it's the only option of course, but I'm so disappointed at this time.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
After almost a hundred games overall played, I've come to a conclusion. This game panders to those who don't know know hockey. You get punished if you try to actually set up in the offensive zone and cycle the puck around. Everything that can get intercepted does, and poke checks are unreal. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for improved computer AI, especially on defense, but this is just ridiculous.

You're better off going coast to coast, circling around, and whip a pass cross crease than you are to establish possession in the zone. For a game they tried to make more realistic, I feel like they made it even more arcade-like. I'll still play it because it's the only option of course, but I'm so disappointed at this time.

Thats actually a good way of putting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln