**NHL 16 Thread** Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Booth

Feb 13, 2008
Lumberton, USA
One thing they did get right was how the 5 California teams in the AHL play a 68 game season while the other 25 play 76. They got that right if you play a season in the AHL. The Pacific division is figured by percentages and a Central division team can cross over. So they got that right. Still do not have the new unis for Texas though.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Why in gods name did they change versus to where you can quit while the score is tied at anytime and it doesnt impact your record? I'm sick of out playing people the first half of the first period to just have them quit...

Well NVM i guess the last one i got the win for. Is there a different cut off point though? I know it used to be a minute, its definatly longer as this has happened a few times today and ive only gotten one win out of it. Maybe it was just a glitch, idk.

hof2120

Mar 17, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Why in gods name did they change versus to where you can quit while the score is tied at anytime and it doesnt impact your record? I'm sick of out playing people the first half of the first period to just have them quit...

Well NVM i guess the last one i got the win for. Is there a different cut off point though? I know it used to be a minute, its definatly longer as this has happened a few times today and ive only gotten one win out of it. Maybe it was just a glitch, idk.

I was gonna say...if that's a real thing....then wow. Hopefully it was just a glitch.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
It's amazing how your AI just decides some games to skate and forecheck and others they literally don't do anything.

I've always been good at moving the puck around and making really good passes. Not being able to pass anything through in the vicinity of someone really hampers any creativity in this game. I'm not good at being a ballerina and just spinning in circles until someone gets open as my guys lose the puck ridiculously easily for some reason. Even if I have a step on the guy he's still able to check me from behind. Yet, I lay someone out and they're able to get back up and get the puck back.

This game is a clone of NHL 15 without your guys running into each other and running into the goalie constantly plus EASHL. I can't believe I bought this game again, it's unbelievably terrible.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
At this point i'd be impressed if the developers had any idea how physics work, let alone how to follow hockey.

This just cost me a game. The angle kind of sucks, but notice how the ****ing puck goes through the skate too. I took it at this point to show how bad the stick physics are. Somehow phases through my defender AND maintains control of the puck.

I'm demanding a refund tomorrow. This game is a ****ing joke.

Edit: Don't mind the choppiness of the replay itself. The triggers on the X1 controller are a bit sensitive.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
You know the developers don't follow hockey well when McDavid's potential is medium elite lol.

Laughed at the same thing until
GM a mode on the oilers traded Ference and made McDavid captain half way through as he went to 87 OVR. By playoffs he was 91. Next season 96

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
Laughed at the same thing until
GM a mode on the oilers traded Ference and made McDavid captain half way through as he went to 87 OVR. By playoffs he was 91. Next season 96

In my GM mode he capped off as 90 overall and never had 65 point season playing with Hall and Eberle.

I really don't like the new sim engine. Or maybe I'm not just good enough.

Starsfan24

Let's Go Cubbies
Apr 19, 2007
Denton, TX - UNT
www.twitter.com
Ok so please help. We haven't been able to play club at all yet since it came out because whoever is the party leader is left out of games for some reason. It just says the game is in progress and then whoever actually gets in is kicked because we only have 2 in our club right now. We're the only ones with the game, but we want to play club. Any help or suggestions? EA isn't answering me on Twitter.

Thanks boys.

CPxi8ScVEAAHohF.jpg

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I sincerely, sincerely hope that one of the focuses in the next few years is to improve what player it changes you to when you press the Change Player button (R2/RT) in defensive situations.

Example 1: I try and control a player closer to the puck, for the purposes of performing a shot block, so I press R2. Instead the game changes me to a player on the other side of the zone, nowhere near the puck, and in the heat of the moment... I make HIM go down for the shot block. Make me look like a damn fool!

Example 2: A one on one rush situation, I try and switch to the defenseman and for some reason the damn thing kept switching me between the two forwards behind the play trying to catch up. Had to press R2 like five times before it ****ing made me the defensemen.

Seriously, that's no good. And this kind of crap happens all the time. I get it'll never be perfect, it's not a mind-reader afterall, some of it just seems obvious though.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Need some Be a Pro help. My coach wants me to set up in the offensive zone. The hell am I supposed to do. I plant my ass at the half wall, being patient and making smart passes that lead to good scoring opportunities but still nothing.

Steamwhistle

Nov 10, 2014
Toronto
New tuner set is absolutely ridiculous. Every pokecheck results in a penalty, it's terrible. The game was fine before this, no idea why they changed this.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I average 16 minutes Time On Attack in Vs. and can't score for **** :laugh: I have over 130 Pass Attempts per game and am averaging 3.2 goals a game yet my record is 6-9-2 with 26 shots per game.

I'll stick to EASHL with Goalies I think

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I cannot score since this update.

Edit: Yet, the computer is firing on all cylinders. IM about to throw my controller through my screen. Just lost 9-0 :)

Last edited:

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Is anyone else getting a morale message along the lines of "The New Jersey Devils have lost chemistry after trading away 1%2%"?

I take it this is a glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad