**NHL 16 Thread** Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

And this is why I got the Legacy Edition as a 'back-up plan'. Although GM Mode looks neat for PS4, it'll get old, very fast. GM Mode on PS3 is an absolute staple and is as good as can be, even for being at the PS3 level.

Stephleref

Held by Holtby
May 28, 2011
And this is why I got the Legacy Edition as a 'back-up plan'. Although GM Mode looks neat for PS4, it'll get old, very fast. GM Mode on PS3 is an absolute staple and is as good as can be, even for being at the PS3 level.

What's the point of buying Legacy edition aka NHL 14 AGAIN for full price?

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Anyone know what time at the very earliest us PS4 people can start playing?

Some people set up a New Zealand PSN account and buy the games digitally from the NZ PS Store, as North America is 14-18 hours behind of NZ time depending on which timezone you live in.

Either that, or if you have a friend working at say Gamestop, ask if you could get a free copy.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yep. When I saw the first GM Mode video a couple of days ago I was instantly weary. There's no way I'm paying for a new console right now to play that.

I'll probably get the Legacy Edition and then get the PS4 for Christmas along with NBA and WWE...maybe NHL 16, but I doubt it.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Yep. When I saw the first GM Mode video a couple of days ago I was instantly weary. There's no way I'm paying for a new console right now to play that.

I'll probably get the Legacy Edition and then get the PS4 for Christmas along with NBA and WWE...maybe NHL 16, but I doubt it.

Dam your missin out man, nhl 16 for ps4 is absolutely ridiculous.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Man if GM mode sucks again this year I'm gonna be seriously pissed. I was a HUGE GM mode player and two years without it.... :help: :shakehead

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
What's the point of buying Legacy edition aka NHL 14 AGAIN for full price?

We all said the same thing, but he answered that earlier...saying cause some of his friends only have PS3 and to play EASHL with them and stuff...makes sense for that but in general seems like a waste.

Man if GM mode sucks again this year I'm gonna be seriously pissed. I was a HUGE GM mode player and two years without it.... :help: :shakehead

I doubt GM mode will suck, ESPECIALLY since we can finally edit players again....but like stated above I can see the morale becoming repetitive.

Because EA LOVESSSSS to do this.....they add in something new...like coach feedback, or Live the Life interviews or morale but only add like ****ing 5 lines of dialogue that just repeat OVER AND OVER AND OVER and after a week of playing you've seen them all 100 times and you'd rather just turn the **** off...

If they add this stuff they can't just half ass it, they need A LOT of dialogue, it has to be somewhat realistic, not every week 3-4 players cry about stuff, thats just annoying. They just don't think stuff through and half ass ****.

They need to start taking pages out of NBA 2k, MLB the Show, FIFA etc and do **** like those franchises. Actually do things right..

The fact they still have only 2 people celebrating still is embarrassing, like come on.....OR the same 5 after the whistle goalie animations.....stuff like that for long time players year after year is 1. insulting and 2. makes you feel like your still playing NHL 09.6

I have higher hopes for this year tho...Edit a player can make for a fun Be a GM I think...the gameplay this year should be better and 15 on xbox was pretty solid so that is a high point. Morale, meh whatever. Itll be repetitive sure but its a start.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Dam your missin out man, nhl 16 for ps4 is absolutely ridiculous.

I don't feel that way. None of the videos I've seen have impressed me enough to go out and buy the new console right now. Now NBA and WWE? 2K looks like they've done great stuff with those games, as usual. I'll buy a new console for those games. I'll use the Legacy Edition to build a HUT collection to get the returning bonus for 2017.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
That's pretty much what I was concerned about with GM mode including morale. It's like Live the Life from a few years ago, it was a novel concept, it was half-assed, and it got old after half a season.

I don't think morale is going to ruin the mode by any means, especially with edit player and the ability fix goalie equipment within the mode added, but it'll probably get tiring quick and will just elongate how long it takes to get through a season.

I'm still looking forward to the game regardless though.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
if you have EA Access, but have not pre-ordered the game through the online marketplace. Can you still download the game NOW, but just not play it.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
if you have EA Access, but have not pre-ordered the game through the online marketplace. Can you still download the game NOW, but just not play it.

I got excited that I could download it now and have it ready for the 10th so I went to check but no if you did not preorder online then you can not download it early from my understanding. I only get the offered EA Access discount and that is it.

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
Has anyone got confirmation that pre ordering deluxe edition and having nhl 15 gets you the initial 10 bonus packs? I know the other standard pre order bonuses don't apply to deluxe edition

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Has anyone got confirmation that pre ordering deluxe edition and having nhl 15 gets you the initial 10 bonus packs? I know the other standard pre order bonuses don't apply to deluxe edition

No, pre ordering from XBL or PSN gets you the 10 packs....The Deluxe packs are separate

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
what was up with that video of players overalls posted? is it real?

It said getslaf was a 92 and EA already said getslaf was 91....

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
No, pre ordering from XBL or PSN gets you the 10 packs....The Deluxe packs are separate

So preordering from PSN gets me 10 packs right away regardless of whether I choose regular or deluxe then.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
So preordering from PSN gets me 10 packs right away regardless of whether I choose regular or deluxe then.

Yup that's correct. You get the 10 right away plus whateve other bonuses from whatever else.

I'm gonna get those, preorder from GameStop, then return it for that bonus. Plus my return bonus and deluxe. So I should get like 20 right away between XBL and return user. Should be setup nicely.

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
Yup that's correct. You get the 10 right away plus whateve other bonuses from whatever else.

I'm gonna get those, preorder from GameStop, then return it for that bonus. Plus my return bonus and deluxe. So I should get like 20 right away between XBL and return user. Should be setup nicely.

Yea that will be a really good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese