**NHL 16 Thread** Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I liked the game play when it first came out iI have no idea what they did to the game but not it feels exactly like nhl 15.most of their new movements are also gone in the new update. Hitting was actually decent and now wtf :help:

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
I guess I'm one of the only ones who likes the new update. I took one tripping penalty in 4 games last night. It forces players to use the poke check smart and strategically. Also, I had no problem getting the puck from the other team by stick lifting/hitting/poking.

I think it's an improvement too.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Tuner has been reversed. Spam with no penalties is back. Long live the crying spammers.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
All I ever read on here is people *****ing.

Yes, NHL 16 it's harder to pass. It makes you play smarter with the puck.

***** about people spamming the poke check, so they tune it to be less successful, and they ***** about the penalties (even though it was designed to discourage poke check spamming).

I'm enjoying NHL 16. It's better than 13-15 IMO. Plays like hockey rather than an arcade game.

Frank Booth

Feb 13, 2008
Lumberton, USA
I made it all the way through a season in the AHL. When you win, they give you the Calder Cup, but when it's presented, and the players skate around with it their hands aren't touching it. Because the Calder Cup is smaller than the Stanley Cup, it looks like they just replaced one smaller trophy for what would be the correct arm distance of the Stanley Cup. It just looks bizarre.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
NBA 2k16 is why 2KSports should still be making hockey games. Now that's a game that is made by people who actually give a **** about what they are making.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
All I ever read on here is people *****ing.

Yes, NHL 16 it's harder to pass. It makes you play smarter with the puck.

***** about people spamming the poke check, so they tune it to be less successful, and they ***** about the penalties (even though it was designed to discourage poke check spamming).

I'm enjoying NHL 16. It's better than 13-15 IMO. Plays like hockey rather than an arcade game.
It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. It doesn't have to be all errand passes or all crisp passes on the tape. It shouldn't be that you poke check and always get the puck or you never get it and just take 12 tripping penalties in a game. There's this thing called balance. EA can't find it. Bad game.

Aug 6, 2012
Not to mention a much larger budget.

The budget definitely sucks, but the developers are still totally lost. One of their big selling points was mascots... nobody gives a **** about mascots in the NHL, there's like two of them lol. Also the on-ice visual trainer is over the top and pointless. Meanwhile Crosby is still skating around right-handed in cut scenes, every single player skates the same, the majority of players have basic faces, not to mention all the gameplay issues.

I just really question where their heads are at with some of this stuff. I really think they need to stop adding to the game and just clean it up... there are so many little glitches and issues that somehow get past the dev team year after year. But I don't think that fits their goal of selling as many copies as possible.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I like the game. It has much more of a real hockey feel. Not all passes connect. Players skate over the puck. Things are a bit more haphazard.

What exactly is wrong with the passing in people's eyes? I think a lot of it is related to skill. I do very well online with passing but my opponents are typically terrible, especially when it comes to passing the point. It's clear the generic settings have reduced pass assist. I've always played the CPU with manual passing and no assist so it's not an issue, but I can see how there would be a learning curve for some.

Last edited:

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
The budget definitely sucks, but the developers are still totally lost. One of their big selling points was mascots... nobody gives a **** about mascots in the NHL, there's like two of them lol. Also the on-ice visual trainer is over the top and pointless. Meanwhile Crosby is still skating around right-handed in cut scenes, every single player skates the same, the majority of players have basic faces, not to mention all the gameplay issues.

I just really question where their heads are at with some of this stuff. I really think they need to stop adding to the game and just clean it up... there are so many little glitches and issues that somehow get past the dev team year after year. But I don't think that fits their goal of selling as many copies as possible.

You should probably clarify the difference between producers and developers. The producers are the ones who direct the vision for the game and the new enhancements, and the code guys simply do what they're told.

Some of you are underrating the aspect that EA corporate plays in this. I'm sure all new features need to get approved by the big wigs at EA. And EA is concerned with making a profit above all else, not satisfying the gamers on this message board that really represent a small percentage of the people who buy the game. If EA identifies features that are cheap to implement but can attract casual gamers, they'll implement them (Mascots, etc.).

I don't doubt that the guys working day and night on NHL want to make the best hockey sim ever. I have a strong feeling they're constricted by 1) their budget and 2) corporate marketing for the game.

You guys should realize that the NHL series is an avenue for EA to make money first and foremost. It's sole purpose is not to appease hardcore gamers, even if you think it should be.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
LOL at the people who told me in the Beta thread, "Stop whining bro, it's a Beta, EA will fix everything. A couple of months in and this game will be better then ever."

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
HUT is absolutely brutal. Unplayable.

You can't get one pass through anyone, all you have to do is spam poke check and it goes right to you. Chess has a faster pace than this game. ****ing awful. Game is slow, defensive garbage. Every game is 1-0 or 2-1. It's called an ARCADE game. This is closer to a turn-based strategy game.

martz11

Mar 5, 2013
PA
I see after a couple weeks people have found the glitch goal. Drag the puck behind you so you can't poke it or you get called for a trip and slowly come in on the short side till the goalie drops then roof it short side. Lost 8-6 last night in club to it. Impossible to defend if you get caught deep in the zone to two cherry pickers. Now I remember why I hated club unless you have at least 4's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad