**NHL 15 Thread** Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
If anyone isn't going to use their code.. i'd really appreciate a code.. i was going to order that this year for my sister.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Wait, so I can't even play with my friend (2nd controller) in Online Versus?!?!

Last edited:

Nuge93

Stuck in a "Rebuild"
Jun 27, 2013
If anyone is thinking about getting 15 for 360/PS3, and a main focus is gameplay, then I suggest you get it. It feels a lot smoother and the upgraded physics make the puck better and contact between all players.

Feels similar to 14, but just different enough to have a good impact on the game.

Domrie

go crazy [PS4]
Jun 18, 2012

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdfwqry5aG4

If you're a simulation guy, then the GM is a lot better for 360/PS3

TLDR: Player progression & drafting took a huge step forward. There are legit 80-100 point guys.. etc

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
yup GM mode HAS been much improved. here's what I posted in another thread.

Note: I'm strictly a GM mode/LtL player. I do not go online unless to download rosters.

1. Updated potentials/MUCH better growth. YES, FINALLY! Created players WILL, I repeat, WILL grow now right away, and not until they are 26, like on 14. All players with at least 3.5 red star potential WILL become NHL players. YOu don't have to worry about "The Plague" either, red star players will grow, just have to give them more ice time to.

2. Much, MUCH deeper draft/ prospects. Yes, they FINALLY made the drafts worth keeping your later round picks. I picked up a 4 red star goalie in the 6th round!!
Now you can find like 3.4-4 star potential players "listed" to go in the 5/6/7th rounds even undrafted! All you have to do is sort by potential.
Also, 2nd round picks and even 3rd round picks have SOME trade value now, and all 1st round picks have exact same trade value as well. It doesn't diminish over the years, stays the same. Play players in AHL, THEY DEVELOP!

3. Gameplay HAS been updated. They added in the collision physics, where if you ex. Gaudrea tries to run CPU Lucic, I fall down on my @$$ and Lucic doesnt budge. Puck bounce HAS been fixed as well. Goalies now are runable. Also, no more "magnetic" goalie glove, the puck doesn't just jump to the goalie anymore around the crease, the puck IS live. Injuries have been TONED DOWN as well. simming 1 entire year had only 3/4 injuries all year with only level 2 medical staff.

4. Simming is slighty smoother/faster.

All in all, does the menus look the same/similar? Yes.
IS IT AN EXACT COPY/PASTE JOB? NOT EVEN CLOSE, besides looking the same, plays/feels different than 14, and i must have EASILY logged 300+ hours in LiL and GM mode.
SO, do NOT pre-judge the older gen games, they are far and better superior game mode wise.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Jesus, the blackout restrictions are so ******.. it's not even worth it! No nationally televised games..
Which includes the NHL Network which some cable companies don't even have?

No Playoffs since they're all nationally televised.. what a ****ing joke.

I dont have cable, and as a Penguins fan, more often their games are nationally televised. so I can't watch them anyway..

If they want to grow the sports fan base, make all games more easily accessible.. for ****s sake

use a proxy to get around the blackout

If anyone isn't going to use their code.. i'd really appreciate a code.. i was going to order that this year for my sister.

I have mine to the OP, but it might not work for him. If it doesn't I'll PM it to you.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008

Note: I'm strictly a GM mode/LtL player. I do not go online unless to download rosters.

1. Updated potentials/MUCH better growth. YES, FINALLY! Created players WILL, I repeat, WILL grow now right away, and not until they are 26, like on 14. All players with at least 3.5 red star potential WILL become NHL players. YOu don't have to worry about "The Plague" either, red star players will grow, just have to give them more ice time to.

2. Much, MUCH deeper draft/ prospects. Yes, they FINALLY made the drafts worth keeping your later round picks. I picked up a 4 red star goalie in the 6th round!!
Now you can find like 3.4-4 star potential players "listed" to go in the 5/6/7th rounds even undrafted! All you have to do is sort by potential.
Also, 2nd round picks and even 3rd round picks have SOME trade value now, and all 1st round picks have exact same trade value as well. It doesn't diminish over the years, stays the same. Play players in AHL, THEY DEVELOP!

3. Gameplay HAS been updated. They added in the collision physics, where if you ex. Gaudrea tries to run CPU Lucic, I fall down on my @$$ and Lucic doesnt budge. Puck bounce HAS been fixed as well. Goalies now are runable. Also, no more "magnetic" goalie glove, the puck doesn't just jump to the goalie anymore around the crease, the puck IS live. Injuries have been TONED DOWN as well. simming 1 entire year had only 3/4 injuries all year with only level 2 medical staff.

IS IT AN EXACT COPY/PASTE JOB? NOT EVEN CLOSE, besides looking the same, plays/feels different than 14, and i must have EASILY logged 300+ hours in LiL and GM mode.
SO, do NOT pre-judge the older gen games, they are far and better superior game mode wise.
Is the simming still complete ****?

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
All in all, pre-gen NHL 15 is NHL 14, on average

It performs slightly better, yet the presentation is slightly worse

A strange juxtaposition

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Is the simming still complete ****?

IF you mean, teams like Boston/L.A./St. Louis/Pittsburgh playing like **** then no, the Elite teams are Elite. They are alaways at/around top of their Divisions/Conferences.

If you mean the simming speed, it's definitely a bit quicker, at least from what I can notice.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
All in all, pre-gen NHL 15 is NHL 14, on average

It performs slightly better, yet the presentation is slightly worse

A strange juxtaposition

But it's not at the same time. Read my post above, yes looks the same/presentation is same, but with new commentators WHICH IS AWESOME!
but gameplay is different and so is Simming and everything that was wrong with GM mode has actually been fixed.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdfwqry5aG4

If you're a simulation guy, then the GM is a lot better for 360/PS3

TLDR: Player progression & drafting took a huge step forward. There are legit 80-100 point guys.. etc

This is on-par with what I've been reading.

I wanted to wait until I saw randomly-generated drafts (2018+) until I was willing to commit however (NHL 14 had deep drafts until the CHLers were no longer draft eligible, then the draft quality feel through the floor). Johnny's video supplied that (with auto-draft, no less).

The improvements to sim results, development, and drafting definitely make it worth 2 hours of work to me plus EASHL and GMC.

I'm still choked (like really, really choked) at the botched NHL 15 launch for PS4/XB1. I really wanted to buy a PS4 :(

I don't want to support EA after this disaster (and NHL 12, 13, and 14 weren't exactly what I hoped they'd be either, but at least I got those for free), but at the same time, if it's something I'll actually enjoy (which it appears to be, still downloading it), I'm not going to deprive myself of that to stick it to some faceless corporation that couldn't care less about me.

On that topic, still pissed at how badly EA botched NHL 13. I still want to know what the hell happened to the version I played in July 2012. That was literally the best hockey game I've played and it never saw the light of day. :shakehead

getzforfighting*

GM Mode Question (PS4)

Hey guys, here's my question.

With the announcement of the new draft update coming in October, if i start my gm mode now, will that patch itself in? Thanks.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Bought it for XB1 today. Gotta say, I'm really liking it. I don't know if it's because I had really low expectations for it or what, but it is a good game. BAGM is good honestly. Gameplay for the most part is improved (stupid **** still happens obviously but nothing game breaking for me.) I will say it got real easy real quick. I'm only 4 games in and I am gonna have to turn the difficulty up.

OT Moment

Mar 25, 2014
Maine
Just got this game for the PS4. The last NHL game I had prior to this was NHL 06 for the gamecube. I've played it for a few hours today and the gameplay was great. There better be a season/franchise mode that lets you do a short season though, so you don't have to simulate. If this game doesn't have that, I'll be very disappointed. A short season option is extremely important because it lets you play every game of the season and completely control your team's destiny.

Koolfreak

Sep 10, 2014
Same thing for me and I have a PS4. It's ok with the demo, but in the real game, no commentary at all..

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Hitting is the only way to play defense this year, I find the best way to do it is backskate with them, and instead of holding the stick and potentially getting dangled or missing, just skate into them, it'll knock them down.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
[in a sarcastic voice] YOU MEAN WE ACTUALLY HAVE TO PLAY DEFENCE INSTEAD OF SPAMMING THE POKE CHECK BUTTON? Damn.......

I'm so happy I don't have to deal with annoying poke checks anymore.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Bought it for XB1 today. Gotta say, I'm really liking it. I don't know if it's because I had really low expectations for it or what, but it is a good game. BAGM is good honestly. Gameplay for the most part is improved (stupid **** still happens obviously but nothing game breaking for me.) I will say it got real easy real quick. I'm only 4 games in and I am gonna have to turn the difficulty up.
It depends how you play BAGM.

If I can't control the destiny of my team (choosing draft picks, developing players in the minors), that basically removes all emotional attachment for me since I'm a guy who rarely makes trades or signs free agents.

I understand they're patching the draft back in, but that's 4-8 weeks away. I can have fully edited rosters for every league and a few seasons under my belt on PS3 by that time (plus PS4 version still won't have AHL control or allow you to edit the rosters).

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If you do it right, it works just fine. If you consistently spam it, you are going to get a penalty because most likely you will trip the player.

Defense in next gen is more about positioning this year, like it should be. It's much easier to miss checks, poke checks aren't op anymore. You now need hockey IQ to play effective D

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
It depends how you play BAGM.

If I can't control the destiny of my team (choosing draft picks, developing players in the minors), that basically removes all emotional attachment for me since I'm a guy who rarely makes trades or signs free agents.

I understand they're patching the draft back in, but that's 4-8 weeks away. I can have fully edited rosters for every league and a few seasons under my belt on PS3 by that time (plus PS4 version still won't have AHL control or allow you to edit the rosters).

That's pretty much my thought process on the Old gen/New Gen debate. I need to be able to play my rookies in the A, that's not gonna happen in new gen versions. I have to be able to draft my own players, see how they develop. It's just a OCD thing :P but the old gen is definitely a GM improvement from 14.
In 15 for old gen if you play players, even created ones in the AHL, they develop, and well too.
I can say you will enjoy it, if you like the simulation aspect of it.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
That's pretty much my thought process on the Old gen/New Gen debate. I need to be able to play my rookies in the A, that's not gonna happen in new gen versions. I have to be able to draft my own players, see how they develop. It's just a OCD thing :P but the old gen is definitely a GM improvement from 14.
In 15 for old gen if you play players, even created ones in the AHL, they develop, and well too.
I can say you will enjoy it, if you like the simulation aspect of it.

They develop in the AHL in the PS4/One version as well. You just don't get to see stats

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
They develop in the AHL in the PS4/One version as well. You just don't get to see stats

Exactly :P I HAVE to see their stats :P Especially the late round gems I found.
I found a 4 red star goalie 6th round, and a 4 red star LW 7th round! ;) Pretty good draft for me I;d say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad