**NHL 15 Thread** Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
They develop in the AHL in the PS4/One version as well. You just don't get to see stats
If you can't see the stats, how do you know when it's time to give the player a chance in the NHL?

I mean, if I see a guy putting up 40 points in 30 games in the AHL while a top 6 NHLer is struggling, I'm probably going to bump that guy (top 6 NHLer) down/bench him and give the AHLer a shot in his spot, even if his overall says he's "not good enough" ...

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
It depends how you play BAGM.

If I can't control the destiny of my team (choosing draft picks, developing players in the minors), that basically removes all emotional attachment for me since I'm a guy who rarely makes trades or signs free agents.

I understand they're patching the draft back in, but that's 4-8 weeks away. I can have fully edited rosters for every league and a few seasons under my belt on PS3 by that time (plus PS4 version still won't have AHL control or allow you to edit the rosters).

If I am understanding this correctly, how does one get players year in and year out? Is it auto draft?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The little jabbing pokes the guys do when they're chasing a guy and right behind him is exactly how MSL poke checks in real life all game. Which is cool, but now it just looks like a bunch of Marty St. Louis running around the ice.

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
Anyone else experiencing this problem? In the settings the commentary volume is all the way up. I had the problem with EA Early Access and thought it was just a glitch but now I have no commentary during gameplay with the NHL 15 disk online and offline. All other sounds are in the game and I even hear the arena announcer. When I play online I hear my opponent talking into his headset even though I don't have mine set up. Any clue on what is causing this?

Do you play other games? Does the commentary work on there? I believe it's a setting on your xbox for sound. Try to go to settings, audio and visual settings, and then change the 7.1 compressed volume setting or whatever and see which setting works. (I had this problem on xbox one)

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
How these ******* idiots took out live the life and and edit players is a crime, they want people to get in to HUT so they can make more money. playing NBA 2k14 live the life and playing NHL be a pro is so much different is not even fair to us hockey fans, rammer and his co are getting away with too much, the reason they might add the draft in be a GM is people got on them, or else they probably wouldn't have done it.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
How these ******* idiots took out live the life and and edit players is a crime, they want people to get in to HUT so they can make more money. playing NBA 2k14 live the life and playing NHL be a pro is so much different is not even fair to us hockey fans, rammer and his co are getting away with too much, the reason they might add the draft in be a GM is people got on them, or else they probably wouldn't have done it.

Yup I know. Old gen my friend, old gen for Live the Life and GM mode.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
hes right the poke check is broken and you either whiff or get a penalty. same with going down to block a shot or pass, if the other team skates into u it is now 100% penalty against you

thus the game forces you to body check to gain puck possession. hope u guys enjoy NHL HITZ 2015 and spam checkfest hockey online

ea is a JOKE.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sean Ramjagsingh @Rammer34 · 36m

“@cook_15: @Rammer34 will the draft be patched directly into my GM mode or will I need to wait until October to start?” Directly in

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
This is ridiculous. I've spent the past 5 years perfecting my defensive game, based on using the poke check and now they've thrown it out the window. I understand that many people were spamming the poke check and they could have made it less effective, but now it's practically useless.

**** you EA !

:yo:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I don't know if anyone can answer this, but how many people were playing on next gen at 5-8 pm? I'm asking because on Day 1 NHL 15 for 360 peaked at just over 12k at its highest, while Day 1 NHL 14 for 360 peaked at over 30k.

Esoteric88

Aug 11, 2008
IMO, there's a major issue with HUT injuries. Because HUT does not have a bench, you are unable to bench injured players. The only way to remove an injury is to apply a card. Often, it's just cheaper to buy a new player with pucks than it is to heal the injured player.

Jaysfanatic*

Watch what Brunner can do.

BxJpqAnCQAA_LqW.jpg:large

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
A slashing penalty for lifting a stick and the other guy dropping it is rarely called in real life. First thing your coach teaches you as a kid is to hold on tight haha. I remember my dad trying to whack the stick out of my hands until I got better at holding onto it

And the other one was kind of funny. Who cares. All he had to do was freeze the puck.

I have to admit NHL15 looks really nice on next gen, but its just too bad they watered it down so much. I'd probably buy the Xbox One if it had all the features it should

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaysfanatic*

A slashing penalty for lifting a stick and the other guy dropping it is rarely called in real life. First thing your coach teaches you as a kid is to hold on tight haha. I remember my dad trying to whack the stick out of my hands until I got better at holding onto it

And the other one was kind of funny. Who cares. All he had to do was freeze the puck.

I have to admit NHL15 looks really nice on next gen, but its just too bad they watered it down so much. I'd probably buy the Xbox One if it had all the features it should

I'm anti missing stuff, but I actually like the game. I'm on a four game losing streak right now. That I don't like.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
If you can't see the stats, how do you know when it's time to give the player a chance in the NHL?

I mean, if I see a guy putting up 40 points in 30 games in the AHL while a top 6 NHLer is struggling, I'm probably going to bump that guy (top 6 NHLer) down/bench him and give the AHLer a shot in his spot, even if his overall says he's "not good enough" ...

Oh for sure. Spencer Watson was a bargain for me in NHL 14. He was scoring at just under a goal per game in the AHL despite only being like 74 overall. Called him up to the NHL, and he was a consistent 35+ goal guy for league minimum. I was just pointing out that people still progress when they're in the AHL despite not technically playing

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
What is spamming the pokecheck

There's no defensive skill stick.

If you don't activate the poke check animation, you might as well play with no stick.

It's ridiculous people complain about spamming poke check

JA

7/10 from IGN.

5/10 from Gamespot.

68/100 on Metacritic.

Rightfully so. What a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad