**NHL 15 Thread** Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Can I ask are the cup celebrations different at all? I'm the type that likes to play AND sim. I play the playoff and important games, and sim the rest. I can't see another lame NHL 14 celebration if I pick up the last gen game.

I think it's the same sadly. BUT there is a "way" to skip that if you want. It IS different in that it's Eddie and 'Doc' and not boring Gary and Bill *shudders*
Just unplug/pull the battery pack out from your controller. it'll take you to the "Choose sides" menu and you can just skip and exit from there.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
lNh5jKU.png

So glad this ****heap is getting panned, that's the only thing that will force change.

Dafuq1.gif

JA

It might have been NHL 10 when one of the auto-generated surnames in the EASHL was "Easterbroook" with three "o"s. I always thought that was an amusing typo, considering the surnames were those of the game's developers.

RaakaArska

Jul 14, 2014
So there's not ANY offline tournament modes for next-gen? Like Mastercard Memorial Cup in 14? If so, that's bit dissapointing since we're going to have a kind of a whole day party just because the new NHL :D

Oh well, gotta cope with MS Excel made tournament boards then :nod:

Last edited:

AnaheimDucks90

May 22, 2008
Hamburg
Too bad they haven't the real Jets goal horn in there. One of the best in the league.
I just can enjoy the full realism when all goal horns are in.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Stick with it. Whenever I go up a skill level, it takes m 10 - 15 games to get used to the new strategies an start to even up the games.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Kyle Clifford ran my goalie from behind the net while Clifford himself had the puck, lost it during the collision, then backhanded it in because Elliott was 3 feet away, no penalty, good goal.

lol

As an addition, in that very game, Ott was knocked into the iings backup goalie, got a 2 minute penalty, and had a forced fight.

Last edited:

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
can someone confirm? someone online yesturday told me that all these extra gameplay modes for xbox one will be coming out later?

Hotel Mario

Feb 4, 2013
Thunder Bay
A strategy that I like to use often is to shoot the puck low from the point with traffic/bodies in front. This creates all kinds of chaos with the rebounds and deflections that can result. Its simple and works against the CPU and human opponents as well

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Trying to sim a season here. 45 minutes and counting and I'm only in February.

Really sucks. I thought it would be faster on a PS4 but it got a lot slower.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Too bad they haven't the real Jets goal horn in there. One of the best in the league.
I just can enjoy the full realism when all goal horns are in.

Some of them are spot on, just no where near long enough e.g. Anaheim, Nashville...the ones that aren't correct off the top of my Arizona, Buffalo, Chicago, Dallas, Florida, Minnesota, NYI, NYR, Winnipeg...

Having some of these missing and completely mixed up(Dallas has Detroits horn) is just terrible.

NJDeVsFaN

May 3, 2006
New Jersey
Anyone feel that navigating the menus is extremely time consuming/slow? Especially in HUT? How can they possibly release something that is so poorly optimized..

Zero

Dec 1, 2003
Arizona
I had low expectations after reading about the game, but it's the best simulation hockey game I've played. I'm actually tweaking sliders to get higher scoring games (as opposed to a bunch of 1-0 and 2-1 games). The puck and player physics are much improved, as is the poke check, defense, and goaltending. I'm actually seeing realistic hockey plays... realistic puck bounces that don't go directly to someone's tape, fighting for the puck, and some great scrums in the crease... not just one-shot-and-out offense.

Has anyone heard if the October patch will apply to an existing franchise? Specifically the draft. I'd hate to start over in a month, but letting the CPU draft for you sounds like a terrible idea, and of course takes away from GM mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad