Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
EDM should realistically be up 2-0 in this series.

What part of having seven shots in forty minutes suggests Edmonton deserved to win game 1? Isn't the narrative the Canucks suck because we get outshot? What's your excuse?

Vancouver took game 1 after Edmonton coasted through what they thought was an easy win. Edmonton took game two after Vancouver turtled throughout the third thinking we could hold off a 3-2 lead.

Both teams won and lost the games they deserved to.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Listening to Zadorov talk, one gets the sense his intelligence level operates at about that of a middle schooler. If he wasn't a professional athlete, he'd probably still be held back trying to pass.

Not really surprised at the shit that flows out of this neanderthal's mouth.

Last edited:

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
That and a mall needing renovations
Speaking of the mall….. nevermind

It’s a genuinely pathetic take when people call McDavid a diver. He battles through more hooks and holds than anyone.
Only thing he battles through is which slight contact he wants to dive from. His reputation has been cemented around the league already, he’s not going to lose it

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
I don’t know why people expected this to be a blow out either way.

The Canucks do have talent in the top 6 and good depth and a Venza nominated goalie and a Norris nominated dman.

The Oilers have a nasty top 6 forward group, a crazy PP and a very capable dman.

This isn’t gonna be a blow out either way. These are gonna be close games and the emotions are gonna ramp up both ways.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Canucks looked gassed in the 3rd period/OT. Going to be interesting to see if they can keep up their balls to the wall play style through this entire series. As much as was made about the Nashville team playing them hard, this Oilers team is much faster and more skilled than Nashville while still being able to play a punishing physical game when they want to. Game 2 is more of the Oilers I expected to see. For whatever reason they played very passive in the 2nd half of the LA series (probably to conserve energy and stay healthy) and carried it over into game 1 of this series. Felt like they broke out of that last night and got back to hard forechecking and using their speed which seemed to tire Vancouver out by the 3rd period.

Game 3 should be interesting. Vancouver's D are big and physical, but they're not built to handle speed on the outside which Edmonton should be able to exploit if they're patient with their cycle game and hold onto pucks longer before attacking the middle ice. They did that in the 1st period of game 1, and got away from it after they went up 4-1. Game 2 they brought it back and it was very effective.

Reactions: Anemia

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I don’t know why people expected this to be a blow out either way.

The Canucks do have talent in the top 6 and good depth and a Venza nominated goalie and a Norris nominated dman.

The Oilers have a nasty top 6 forward group, a crazy PP and a very capable dman.

This isn’t gonna be a blow out either way. These are gonna be close games and the emotions are gonna ramp up both ways.
Edmonton = McDavid factor
Vancouver = better depth at forward

Edmonton = solid defensive system but lower end is bad
Vancouver = offensive system with Hughes/Hronek/Zadorov but lower end is bad

Edmonton = Skinner
Vancouver = AHL goalie

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Refs do screw up. They do not screw up on this level too often, not in terms of how blatant the infraction was, not in terms of the 4 min penalty could have on the game. It's a worthwhile topic, and a very valid beef on the Nucks fans side.

The conspiracy theories are stupid, but I do not see much of that, so really do not think there is a need to focus on that aspect.
Ekholm got cut by a high stick much worse than Hughes in the playoffs last year against Vegas with no call. These "blatant" missed calls are not nearly as rare as you think they are.

Reactions: Anemia and capazzo

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Can the Oilers keep playing Draisaitl & McDavid for half the game??
It's a mistake to look at ice time when it comes to McDavid.

What matters is the number of strides he has to take in a game. He covers as much ice in about three strides as most nhl'ers cover in four, so you would have to take that into account. Him playing 25 minutes a night is more comparable to a normal player playing about 20 minutes.

Not sure how Drai and Hyman will fare if they are doing those minutes. Helps to hem in the opposition too, like they did in the third period last night.

I hope they gave the game puck to Sutherland, seeing as how they forgot to get him a striped jersey in oil colors before the game.

Reactions: Nuck Bonino

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
And the entire collective edmonton fanbase went, 'whoops. That's how it goes sometimes. Refs are human,' and carried on, right?
Of course not, but I've never seen this much crying in a thread about officials in a game the Canucks got dominated in and were lucky to even make it to OT. And I thought Oilers fans were bad about crying about officiating.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Of course not, but I've never seen this much crying in a thread about officials in a game the Canucks got dominated in and were lucky to even make it to OT. And I thought Oilers fans were bad about crying about officiating.
It can be hard to see the forest through the trees. 😉

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
And the entire collective edmonton fanbase went, 'whoops. That's how it goes sometimes. Refs are human,' and carried on, right?

Vancouver might have had the most blatant missed call so far, but they’ve still gotten plenty of calls/non calls go their way. The refs missed a ton for both teams teams, and considering how much the Oilers PP murders teams, Canucks fans really shouldn’t be complaining about calling more. A special teams series will almost never go their way

Reactions: Anemia and capazzo

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Oilers got dominated in game 1. First time Mcdavid didn't register a shot in a playoff game. So I wouldn't be gassing up game 2 too much.

There were moments in game 2 that had the hallmarks of game 1. Oilers hemmed in. Canucks doing line changes in the offensive zone.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Oilers got dominated in game 1. First time Mcdavid didn't register a shot in a playoff game. So I wouldn't be gassing up game 2 too much.

There were moments in game 2 that had the hallmarks of game 1. Oilers hemmed in. Canucks doing line changes in the offensive zone.
They also lost game 2 because of an own goal. It’s not like they were gassed and lost handedly, the game literally ended on a coin flip.

Granted all that matter is you win and not how you win, but this series has only shown that both teams have huge weaknesses still

• Haha
Reactions: McFlyingV

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Vancouver might have had the most blatant missed call so far, but they’ve still gotten plenty of calls/non calls go their way. The refs missed a ton for both teams teams, and considering how much the Oilers PP murders teams, Canucks fans really shouldn’t be complaining about calling more. A special teams series will almost never go their way
I honestly don't really care what the refs call or don't call. I have no problem allowing vigilante justice to creep more and more into the games. I'm just enjoying the hypocrisy.

After game 1 all Oilers fans did was bitch about the refs. Now after game 2 Canucks fans are bitching about the reffing and you guys are all getting on your high horses.

You guys are two sides of the same coin. Pot meet kettle.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

What does game #1 have to do with my statement that Edmonton dominated game #2? You'd be coping hard if you think they didn't and every single stat supports that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad