**NHL 15 Thread** Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Jesus, the blackout restrictions are so ******.. it's not even worth it! No nationally televised games..
Which includes the NHL Network which some cable companies don't even have?

No Playoffs since they're all nationally televised.. what a ****ing joke.

I dont have cable, and as a Penguins fan, more often their games are nationally televised. so I can't watch them anyway..

If they want to grow the sports fan base, make all games more easily accessible.. for ****s sake

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
yup but for a ton of titles. nhl 15 was a baaaad pre-order. damn you e3 deals....i knew it was going to be bad and missing some stuff but even with low expectation s this game has blowen me away with the stripped down nhl version. nhl14 is 10x the game

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Am I seeing the xbox 360 version of the game price right?

I'm seeing it listed at $69.99 in Canada. Is that a mistake? They're charging $10 more then they did last year for a game with next to know changes?

DaveTheHockeyFan*

Picked up my PS4 Ultimate Edition copy and no mention of the Gamecenter Live deal

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009
XBOX One No Commentary During Gameplay

Anyone else experiencing this problem? In the settings the commentary volume is all the way up. I had the problem with EA Early Access and thought it was just a glitch but now I have no commentary during gameplay with the NHL 15 disk online and offline. All other sounds are in the game and I even hear the arena announcer. When I play online I hear my opponent talking into his headset even though I don't have mine set up. Any clue on what is causing this?

Wolfpack21

Dec 14, 2008
Ranger fan in Jersey
I just checked it out and it looks like the NHL 15 "Ultimate Edition" is $69.99 while NHL 15 is $59.99

Though I'm not sure as to what the Ultimate edition is compared to regular game. If some one could fill me in i would greatly appreciate it!

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Poke check no longer works.

It either barely takes it off their stick and they instantly grab it again, or you get a tripping penalty.

Then the only other way to stop them is a hit. There are so many penalties that just hitting someone every 5th or so hit I get a penalty.

The AI is bad. I'll go to switch to a guy when hemmed in my own zone, and all my players will be no where near the slot.

I'm playing as we speak. Literally penalty after penalty. Either boarding, roughing, interference, or tripping. All I can do is watch as they skate into the zone, and score on their 100000 times doing a one timer.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I'm not sure if our problems are related or not, but something is up with my game or controls as well.

The strategy box pops up during about 95% of my gameplay. With the box up like that it prevents me from using R1, which is pokecheck, because that's a button used to alter a part of team strategy.

I haven't noticed an increased amount of penalties, but the lack of the ability to poke the puck has made it much harder to defend in this game.

Is this possibly what's going on with yours too?

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
What are you talking about? My poke check works just fine... Oh right I'm playing NHL 14. Which is essentially free this year ;)

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
In Canada the normal version of the 360/ps3 game did indeed go up $10 & is the same price as the one/ps4 versions.
It's hilarious to me & so sad how they can do that.
I'm hoping sales bomb and they price drop the 360/ps3 versions to reflect the actual product they produced .

GoalieEd

Oct 9, 2008
Advice for new players?

I've found the rookie skill level to be crazy easy, however the pro skill level CPU kicks my butt. Does anyone have any strategies or advise for a new player who hasn't played the series before? Thanks.

AtlasRust

Jan 16, 2011
Cycle the puck.

Make sure you're playing where you should and not just chasing, and getting everyone out of position.

Defense will take practice. Positioning is huge. Put yourself between the puck and the goalie. On 2v1 always protect against the pass, and let the goalie handle the shooter.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Cycle. You could get 10 shots and win, rather then 30 and lose. Work on taking good shots, getting rebounds, and solid defense. Try not to go for the hit to much, only where you know you can get him (I wouldn't really advise it unless you near boards).

Some people just naturally can't play the CPU either, I got to Division 2 HUT last year, and can barely beat all star on a good day.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I don't plan on opening the game until Saturday, but there is a sticker on mine, stating there should be one. If somebody offers me PS4 HUT pucks for it, I will take them. If not I shall give it away.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Bought it for PS3 as they appear to have improved BAGM. Would've bought used, but with a dead Blu-Ray drive ... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad