** NHL 15 Thread ** Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It also looks nothing like Bergeron, which is pretty sad considering he's the cover athlete. How does that rendering look like this guy?

Patrice%20Bergeron%202.0.jpg

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Doesn't look that bad to me, he's looking down there. Faces are never going to be 100%.

Also, we get a ****ing gameplay video tomorrow... about ****ing time

Jacob8hockey*

They need to rework their beard system. Bergeron would look 100x more accurate with a bit of hair on his face!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Pretty much that ^^^

If he was looking up and making the same face as Bergeron, the only thing that would look off is the lack of beard.

Which brings me, get playoff beards in the damn game :laugh: Really wouldn't be that hard to write

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
For those expecting like an actual gameplay video tomorrow are going to be disappointed. It's most likely gonna be gameplay but with edited cuts showing off the new features, much like the trailer at E3.

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
I like how they're touting that Bergeron model when he has had the same game face for the past several years including this one. He looks like he's still 21, EA - come on.

Honestly it just looks like a 21 yr old kid... no resemblance of Bergeron at all in my opinion. The very least EA could do is provide the always present 5 o'clock shadow on Bergeron.

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Saw on operation sports:

Apparently EA already uploaded it to youtube people saw it before it was set it to private.<br />
<br />
Here's a vague description from a ****** user:<br />
<br />
Okay. It went over the fact they broke player models into 3 things, pads person and jersy, they went over facial expressions and they went over new celebrations, yet to come they said "live city's" new commentators, and another thing I forgot.
And he added this in the comments:<br />
<br />
A lot of showing off, people creating one of the sedans player models. a couple of cut scenes, and some post goal celebrating
Here's a .gif of Iginla <br />
<br />
Leaked_NHL15.gif
<br />
<br />
So it seems like it'll be the first in a series of cinematic trailers highlighting the features they've talked about for the past two months. Though it sounds like it has some BTS footage which always interests me. <br />
<br />
Still better than nothing!<br />
<br />
The person who uploaded the .gif said he'd upload the whole thing but didn't want to get in trouble from EA

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
...soooo basically all cinematic and zero gameplay footage. Oh, EA we know you can polish a turd (aka a few cutscenes). Show us 5 minutes of freakin gameplay!!! That is all we ask!!!

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006
EA sports games look so plastic. It's like we've spent over a decade getting closer to looking more realistic, to now actually moving away from it. Everything on the player models look too clean, too shiny, too saturated in color, etc. And it is kind of starting to bother me because I was hoping it was going to be improved over the 360 and PS3. But instead everything looks more plastic than ever now.

It's not right when I think the degrading grain effect from the gif processing actually makes the sequence itself look better (or more realistic).

Last edited:

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
Plus not to kick a dead horse, but the face rendering... could be much, much better. Yeah you can tell it is Iginla but only because of skin tone, the nose is terribly wrong... either that or I never knew Jerome had a "ski jump" nose!!! LOL

Conse

Jun 4, 2014
Rio de Janeiro
I'm more interested in things to come with a gameplay video. Sorry but things like shiny CG models or player faces are secondary to me in a hockey game. For now I'm loving things like the authentic arenas and the new commentators team. I just hope we get authentic horns and songs and some tweaks to gameplay modes.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
I really really hope that the lighting is only like that in the trailer. The shadows are so overdone to make it look epic, and it makes it look foolish.

With what others have been saying, those pants are 100% shiny plastic.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The jersey ripple effect on the Sens player is terrible, the logo looks like it's just a part of the jersey fabric.

Also gotta love EA for hyping a gameplay video and releasing a fluff piece that featured no gameplay.

The next-gen models do not impress me.

chopperdudep

Apr 2, 2007
Wheatfield, New York
It might not have perfect player models and the faces might not be the greatest, and the jersey thing might seem pointless, but I'm sure the finished product all at once will be better than last years and hopefully it plays better! Looks pretty cool from all we've seen. Still not getting my hopes too high though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad