** NHL 15 Thread ** Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
So now that there's equipment underneath the jerseys, perhaps we can see jerseys come off during fights?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Oh ok, any info is welcome.

Just wondering here, what was your friend's impression of the game?

Paraphrasing, but he said the AI was put on the easiest setting and a EA spokesperson said the game was in "alpha." He did say that the visual improvement is visible though and the most noticeable change he was able to pick out was the presentation style and how they had actual recorded scenes with Doc and Edzo prior to the start of a game.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The rippling of the jerseys wouldn't look so noticeable if they didn't shine the damn things with gloss before shooting the video.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I'm dealing with a glitch that has been present in both 13 and 14, and it's a bit annoying. When I play a home game (as the jackets) in GM Mode, it doesn't exactly load the home arena, but different parts of different arenas. Like the Jackets logo is still in the center of the ice, and the fans still have Jackets jerseys on, but the announcers say something like "welcome to Nashville" or any other city except Columbus. And then the center red line is decorated for whatever team the announcers say the city is, so like there's little Preds logos on the center line, and the jumbotron and screens around the seats show Preds logos, or whatever city it says it's in. And the stanchions around the boards are also the color for that team. It doesn't make any sense, especially because it happens every single time.

Has this happened to anyone else? I hope this doesn't happen in 15, especially with the authentic arenas.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

10500441_10152594623450996_3753301370585853595_n.jpg

The sock material and pants look like they're made of leather/vinyl material. So is that what next-gen is supposed to look like, glossy and fake looking player models?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Lol this if freaking ridiculous the players look like toys, it looks like ****, this is what they call new gen?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Lol this if freaking ridiculous the players look like toys, it looks like ****, this is what they call new gen?

It's strange because FIFA 14 on next-gen is nothing like this with all the gloss and ****.
I think they are just trying to make things look way more flashy for the trailers, I'm hoping that it won't be so bad in the actual gameplay.

I'm dealing with a glitch that has been present in both 13 and 14, and it's a bit annoying. When I play a home game (as the jackets) in GM Mode, it doesn't exactly load the home arena, but different parts of different arenas. Like the Jackets logo is still in the center of the ice, and the fans still have Jackets jerseys on, but the announcers say something like "welcome to Nashville" or any other city except Columbus. And then the center red line is decorated for whatever team the announcers say the city is, so like there's little Preds logos on the center line, and the jumbotron and screens around the seats show Preds logos, or whatever city it says it's in. And the stanchions around the boards are also the color for that team. It doesn't make any sense, especially because it happens every single time.

Has this happened to anyone else? I hope this doesn't happen in 15, especially with the authentic arenas.

Yeah that happens all the time with the Jackets' arena. I'm sure it will be fixed in NHL 15 since each arena is supposed to be true-to-life and built from the ground up.

CioCio

May 13, 2006
Greensboro, NC
A lot of people here need to realize that the NHL series is on a yearly development cycle by a small team. By comparison, the Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed series are on 3 year development cycles. And think about how many bugs each AC game has.

It'd be silly to expect that within a year of the next gen console releases that NHL 15 would be the "definitive" next gen experience. Of course they advertise it as such, but that's to be expected. And people keep buying it, so whatever.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
A lot of people here need to realize that the NHL series is on a yearly development cycle by a small team. By comparison, the Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed series are on 3 year development cycles. And think about how many bugs each AC game has.

It'd be silly to expect that within a year of the next gen console releases that NHL 15 would be the "definitive" next gen experience. Of course they advertise it as such, but that's to be expected. And people keep buying it, so whatever.

They have been working on nhl 15 since the next gen consoles were first announced, despite nhl 14 on the 360... They were gearing up for this ever since. With that being said i don't understand all the *****ing, imo the game looks great with alot of new features to finally feel like a REAL upgrade.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I doubt it's going to be all glossy and **** when the game comes out. Relax.

If they do, then yeah, then go nuts. But I think they're just giving it that effect for the trailers, just like how all graphics usually look better in someway in the trailers.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
I just watched some of the NHL 15 videos on my Xbox with the YouTube app, and wow. I really think the player models look awesome. You guys that have the next gen consoles are really lucky and in for a treat.

Linnarhult

May 6, 2006
I really hate the square shape of the blade. There are only a handfull of players who have their blades like that. I don't understand why they don't make them rounded, it shouldn't be that hard to fix.

10369579_10152594623760996_2822740573546122240_n.jpg

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
NHL 07 was the first game on the 360 and it sucked. NHL 09 and 10 were the best NHL series games ever though so I bet that we will see a much better game next year.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I'd only be worried about the game if the pants etc looked like that in the demo or a week before release.

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
NHL 07 was the first game on the 360 and it sucked. NHL 09 and 10 were the best NHL series games ever though so I bet that we will see a much better game next year.

Hope I'm wrong though.

This is said every year though. "next year will be better." It was said about nearly every game for various reasons. "well NHL 14 will be much better because it's the last game of this gen."

The simple fact is that they know they don't need to make those astronomical changes in every area of the game like people want. They know that people will buy it every year to play online, they know that they have a smaller budget than other sports games, so they don't go above and beyond on any 1 game because if it's perfect, everybody will stick with it.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I really could not give less of a **** if the pants are glossy vs matte.

That said, with no news about game mode enhancements and overhauls brutally needed, so far it seems like a classic case of putting lipstick on the pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille