EA SPORTS NHL ‏@EASPORTSNHL 9m
Are You Ready? pic.twitter.com/DKF7cTjGg6

BmuvfsWCMAAgplw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I was just about to post about how quiet it's been about this game, then this happens!
Sweet, I'm hyped. :nod:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
We still going to have curve shots, dead zones around the net, bouncing pucks in the corners, and ******/cheating AI? Oh, and are defensemen still going to have a FACEOFF stat? Are we going to be explained to as to what each stat does? Are we going to be able to switch up positions mid-game and possibly kick AFK players? No more ****** and slow menus?

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Really excited for tomorrows announcement ! I hope EA gives us a lengthly trailer that truly puts forward the improvements they'll have made compared to NHL 14 ! Are we sure that NHL 15 will be on the PS4 or will we know tomorrow ?

Can't wait :handclap:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
You lost me at half of the "auto" animations you described.

If you want your suggestions to be implemented with a development team that doesn't nearly have the same resources as other games such as Fifa, you have to cut down your suggestions to the most important ones necessary to make the game realistic. Suggesting they work on extras such as player interviews in the draft or completely revamping the attribute system (which may be flawed but isn't necessarily broken completely) doesn't make much sense to me.

Main mechanics in-game which break the immersion are the biggest problem for me. Goaltending mechanics, stick mechanics, puck mechanics. The actual gameplay should be the primary focus considering how broken it looks when comparing it to a real-life NHL game.

Thankfully with the series coming to next-gen either this year or next year they will have the opportunity to start from scratch and actually build a solid foundation to work from. At this point there is not much of a reason to completely revamp things for the PS3/360 versions.

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
I agree With ArGar...whatever. ;)

The only things that they should really fix that could be realistically able to do is the in game. Stuff like the boards play. I shouldn't be a body length away from a player and then get pinned to the boards. Just in general fix the glitch goals that are easy to pull of such as cutting across the slot and shooting.

The cross creases are fine, the only complaint I have about it is not how often they go in, but how the computer never is able to knock the pass away.

In general. I wish the computer was in better positioning in both zones. It feels like the game is to easy to just skate around with one player.

Lastly I think the passing needs a bit of an overhaul. The game should recognize what you are trying to do like if there is a guy not to far in front if you and you want to make a soft pass, sometimes the puck goes way to short or way to fast. It should recognize that that is the person you want to pass to and make the pass you are trying to make. Same goes for trying to make a boards pass.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
How about when the AI defense skates up for no reason. Only to allow the opposing forward to skate right by.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Excited for this.

But am expecting nothing more or less than what we've received last year or the year before - a video with a very basic breakdown of how the "new AI" works.

I remember someone on YouTube put the NHL 14 reveal trailer and the NHL 13 reveal trailer side-by-side and they looked SO similar to one another. My guess is 15 will be much the same.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
garbage. expect same old ****. ea wont "fix" anything to improve 15. same features as before.. UNLESS the developers read the reviews and ideas from their customers. wouldnt be surprised.

JA

Here is the teaser trailer released today, May 5 2014.

The teaser features the voice of Mike Emrick, play-by-play announcer for NHL on NBC.

Last edited by a moderator:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
New puck physics again?

Hopefully it doesn't bounce 50 feet in the air on every dump in this time around.

Oh and unique arenas and new commentators sounds good. Not a fan of Emrick, but it's about time they changed the commentators. All in all, quiet anticipation to their first next gen effort.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
Wow. This looks ****ing amazing. I haven't been excited for NHL games for a few years but this has added so many things that I've wanted for so long. Good ****, EA!

Nuge93

Stuck in a "Rebuild"
Jun 27, 2013
Wow, graphics are insane! Can't wait for more info and the actual game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad