NHL 14 Top 50 Reveal...

KingKopitar11*

My biggest problem with this is they put a. Pietrangelo ahead of all defenseman.

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
I'd easily, easily take them over Datsyuk, it is almost not even close for me.

What do you mean by saying "take them"? If you mean take them, to my team now, considering their age, so of course everyone who is in a right mind, would take younger ones, even if their overall are slightly worse.

But if we are talking who is better player now. I really can't see how Giroux or Tavaress are better then Datsyuk.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Datsyuk is the best all around player in the world. You people are morons.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Seems pretty fair to me. Kane's defense is a joke, he gives little to no effort. Overall rating represents all aspects of hockey not just offense.

That's what you think, but his hockey sense is so high that he doesn't need to give more effort.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Gaborik, Nash, Voracek, Kronwall, Pacioretty, Girardi, Price, Neal, Seabrook, and Burns are all rated at least 2 points to high (Some are like 5 points to high).... What a crappy list EA.

Gaborik - 88
Nash - 87
Voracek - 85
Kronwall - 85
Pacioretty - 85
Girardi - 84
Price - 87
Neal - 85
Seabrook - 85
Burns - 86

On top of that Karlsson should really be higher on the list of DMen but his ratings weren't sky high in 13 but he was a beast due to the new skating engine. Maybe it will be the same again this year. Jumbo Joe is probably to high, and Crosby should be more separated from the pack (97-98) I hate when I sim a season and he doesn't even finish above PPG, makes it not realistic.

Last edited:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
EA rosters are always like this. Generic values, not much difference between players, every other player has extremely weird stats. Don't know how many times I see players that I know are slow, lousy skaters have 85+ in skating abilities for example. I respect that opinions differ, but a lot of the time EA just don't have a clue.

I always end up editing all the players though, so it doesn't matter much to me that EA does such a ****** job. Kind of puts some perspective on some of the discussions here though.

we like our team*

clearly ea should be fielding these sort of things to hf for accurate ratings :sarcasm:

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
And Crosby having the same def.awerness as Datsyuk is ok?

I really like that people just gloss over that like it's accurate.

Anyway, they've always had everything too high for the more popular players just to up the overall on them. This is probably the worst case(the entire list, not just Crosby) of them doing so.

I'm not sure I've ever seen Datsyuk take a slap shot for example, so I'm not sure how they put him in the high 80s for it.

Last edited:

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
What do you mean by saying "take them"? If you mean take them, to my team now, considering their age, so of course everyone who is in a right mind, would take younger ones, even if their overall are slightly worse.

But if we are talking who is better player now. I really can't see how Giroux or Tavaress are better then Datsyuk.

Well of course, anyone would want Giroux or Tavares if you factor in age. But, if we are talking one season, right now I still prefer Giroux and Tavares and I think they are better players right now. If it was 2008, yea Datsyuk would be the better choice, but he is 35. He is not going to get any better and I expect a regression in overall ability next season. Tavares and Giroux on the other hand, can and probably will still get better. Giroux may not win a Selke anytime soon, but he is certainly no slouch and is overall very good defensively, and Tavares is good defensively but not as good as Giroux.Also Giroux and Tavares are also better offensively. I believe having Datsyuk replace Giroux on the Flyers or Tavares on the Islanders would not help their chances at the playoffs one bit. But that is just my opinion.

domon

Apr 14, 2012
Burns is exactly where he should be. This is a beard-adjusted overall. His beard-growing abilities are brobably the best in the league.

Weast

May 16, 2011
the overalls dont really matter, its the individual stats, probably the reason MSL isnt here is because he is garbage physically even though im sure his offensive category is off the charts, just take these ratings with a grain of salt

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Burns at an 89 makes a ton of sense when you factor in he's part Wookie. Those kinds of genetics add alot to your overall in the EA formula. He probably has the most Wookie blood in the NHL.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Id give a 95 for Crosby, a 93 for Malkin, Ovi, and Stamkos. Then a 92 for Toews, Weber, Chara, Karlsson, and Lundqvist. A 91 for Datsyuk, Tavares, Giroux, Sutor, and Quick. And a 90 for St. Louis, Kane, Hall Keith, Doughty, and Rinne.

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
Id give a 95 for Crosby, a 93 for Malkin, Ovi, and Stamkos. Then a 92 for Toews, Weber, Chara, Karlsson, and Lundqvist. A 91 for Datsyuk, Tavares, Giroux, Sutor, and Quick. And a 90 for St. Louis, Kane, Hall Keith, Doughty, and Rinne.

It doesn't work like that in dynamic rating system. Some attributes count more in overall than others so if you just adjusted players to make their overall look realistic the players wouldn't have realistic skill sets. Not that its realistic now but looking only the overall rating would still make players have less realistic skill sets.

SyndicateProject

I'd risk everything
Aug 5, 2013
Western Canada
A little late in here but that list is pretty laughable...

Price should be an 87
Seabrook should be an 87
Burns should be an 86
Datsyuk a 93
Voracek and Kronwall are too high

Some notable players missing are St.Louis(IMO he's an 88), C.Ward should be an 88, Luongo isn't there either which is a joke. Lu should be a 90 IMO
I'm kind of a ratings junkie

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad