** NHL 14 Thread **

Status
Not open for further replies.

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
Ice tilt 110% does exist.

My buddy and I have played in games where we have dominated and literally scored on every shot and played games where we can't get anything going.

Literally we go on streaks of 10+ wins and seem unstoppable then we lose to some average team in a game where we can't score more than 1 goal when we were scoring 4+ goals a game.

By the way, I always search up the teams afterwards and we seem to loose to the negative record teams and beat the elite and pro teams.

I've played a lot of real hockey games that are like this.

Chicago goes on 24 game winning streak...loses to Colorado 6-2.

Sorry you couldn't go 82-0-0.

Last edited:

Jacob8hockey*

I've played a lot of real hockey games that are like this.

Chicago goes on 24 game winning streak...loses to Colorado 6-2.

Sorry you couldn't go 82-0-0.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

actually was 56 - 2 for a while, had one of the best winning percentages in all of NHL 12 at the time.

Problem is, real life factors don't play a part. Unless we want to talk about my mental fatigue, which I can tell you is not there. You can't compare real life to a video game, the games aren't even played the same way. To be successful in the NHL series you have to exploit the ****** hockey game play. You can play realistic all you want (which as a matter of fact is what we moved onto) and do decent but never dominate.

Trust me, at my best on NHL 12/13 my team was literally unstoppable. Our 2 loses were complete garbage at the time.

But back onto right now. We can go on 10 game hot streaks and get shut down by ****. Played a game today against a garbage team, lost 4 - 1, 3 computer goals, and the 4th was our d man poking it into our own net. **** shots from the bluelines or corners that was picked up by the untouchable computer, since we all know that the computer seems to have this 2nd gear to try and keep up with the human player.

2-1 W
1-0 W
4-1 W
5-1 W
2-1 W
4-0 W
4-2 W
3-2 W
3-0 W
0-5 L - Club is 10-17-7 as of right now, both guys are -90 (which is something I never use as an important stat in the real NHL btw)

Last edited by a moderator:

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011

actually was 56 - 2 for a while, had one of the best winning percentages in all of NHL 12 at the time.

Problem is, real life factors don't play a part. Unless we want to talk about my mental fatigue, which I can tell you is not there. You can't compare real life to a video game, the games aren't even played the same way. To be successful in the NHL series you have to exploit the ****** hockey game play. You can play realistic all you want (which as a matter of fact is what we moved onto) and do decent but never dominate.

Trust me, at my best on NHL 12/13 my team was literally unstoppable. Our 2 loses were complete garbage at the time.

But back onto right now. We can go on 10 game hot streaks and get shut down by ****. Played a game today against a garbage team, lost 4 - 1, 3 computer goals, and the 4th was our d man poking it into our own net. **** shots from the bluelines or corners that was picked up by the untouchable computer, since we all know that the computer seems to have this 2nd gear to try and keep up with the human player.

Well I play offline most of the time and I don't have that problem. I just keep it on all-star(superstar is easier), and play with the sliders. 80% of the goals are my fault. Either I'm out of position or I don't tie someone up in front of the net. IMO, that "2nd gear" makes this game more exciting. Obviously, if I'm playing offline, I want the CPU to play like a person would and be more creative but that will never happen, at least not for a while. In the meantime, it works for me. I can live with garbage goals, I'm a Leafs fan :laugh:

Jacob8hockey*

Well I play offline most of the time and I don't have that problem. I just keep it on all-star(superstar is easier), and play with the sliders. 80% of the goals are my fault. Either I'm out of position or I don't tie someone up in front of the net. IMO, that "2nd gear" makes this game more exciting. Obviously, if I'm playing offline, I want the CPU to play like a person would and be more creative but that will never happen, at least not for a while. In the meantime, it works for me. I can live with garbage goals, I'm a Leafs fan :laugh:

Oh play EASHL and you may end up with your head through a wall.

I can not explain to you some of the ******** in it, but I still love playing it. I am actually disappointed I can't find my NHL 12 club on their database, I think they wiped all the inactive ones of the online search. Sucks, wanted to show it off haha

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

2-1 W
1-0 W
4-1 W
5-1 W
2-1 W
4-0 W
4-2 W
3-2 W
3-0 W
0-5 L - Club is 10-17-7 as of right now, both guys are -90 (which is something I never use as an important stat in the real NHL btw)

One of my favorite examples of how ridiculously dominate you can be is back with NHL 07. My cousin had Kovalev score 365+ points or thereabouts. His plus/minus differential reached a point where the game hiccuped and put it at -500 or something because he went offer the allotted plus. Basically, he reached the game's infinity. :laugh:

Granted, this was against the AI, but still amusing.

Last edited:

Gary83*

Oh play EASHL and you may end up with your head through a wall.

I can not explain to you some of the ******** in it, but I still love playing it. I am actually disappointed I can't find my NHL 12 club on their database, I think they wiped all the inactive ones of the online search. Sucks, wanted to show it off haha

EASHL is still the best game option for NHL13. I've played on a variety of clubs from pro to elite and I still don't have anything to complain about.

Just going to wager a guess that you and your buddy play strictly 2s?

McSkittlez

Jumbo Trollton
Jul 19, 2010
San Jose
I have heard of ice tilt but I never took it seriously. Yes I had games where I would outplay/outshoot the opponent and lose to a soft goal but it rarely happens. I think you guys are exaggerating a bit.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I have heard of ice tilt but I never took it seriously. Yes I had games where I would outplay/outshoot the opponent and lose to a soft goal but it rarely happens. I think you guys are exaggerating a bit.

Yeah, generally if I lose it's either my fault (80% of the time) or due to bad connection (15% of the time). The other 5% might be due to "ice tilt" or bad luck or whatever you want to term it. Generally when I lose though I know I was the one who screwed up so it doesn't annoy me that much.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
It happens to me a lot. I found it worse in HUT than in VS though, in HUT it was really bad for me which is why I stopped playing it.

Maybe I'm just unlucky. But I do think there is ice tilt.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Do we have any official confirmation that the new playoff system will be in NHL 14? Kinda dumb question, I know...but it wouldn't surprise me at all if EA left it out

How long ago was it when we found out the new divisions were confirmed? On one hand, I don't know if it was far enough back that they'd say there's enough time. On the other hand, that doesn't sound like a big deal programming-wise.

masterofallxix

Aug 5, 2005
San Diego/ San Jose
How long ago was it when we found out the new divisions were confirmed? On one hand, I don't know if it was far enough back that they'd say there's enough time. On the other hand, that doesn't sound like a big deal programming-wise.

its been many months since we found out, but I haven't heard whether or not EA is including the new playoff system/divisions. Usually EA would advertise that wouldn't they? I think it's not as easy programming-wise as it may seem. For example, in franchise mode, WPG ends up at the top of some lists, with Anaheim beneath them (because they simply replaced ATL with WPG and didn't go around to changing everything, programming-wise.) So I would think having to completely revamp the playoff system, the seeding system, etc...would be more difficult than it seems. Granted it still shouldn't be that hard for EA, but when it comes to the NHL series it seems like EA half-***** things quite a bit :shakehead

Jacob8hockey*

EASHL is still the best game option for NHL13. I've played on a variety of clubs from pro to elite and I still don't have anything to complain about.

Just going to wager a guess that you and your buddy play strictly 2s?

Oh I agree it is the best game mode. I play mostly 2s but we have had clubs up to 10 members and multi people games. We did 3s and 4s for a while too.

But now we mostly play 2s and exploit the obvious things everyone else in 2s does.

Fine young man

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
www.hockeyiq.com

It doesn't happen every game, but it's definitely there...

One game I played recently, I was leading by a pair with 10 minutes left in the 3rd. The opponent scores on 2 weak rebound shots , including one where the puck goes right trough my d's stick. I get 2 breakaways, hit the post on the first, and on the second I get the puck past the goalie but it literally stops to an invisible wall on the goal line, I try to poke it, and my player misses it.

I eventually won in the shootout.

Since then I've only played HUT with a 4 star team of defensive players, and it's been a lot less frustrating.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
The thing I hate about the rebound goals is that the goalies don't even react until the puck is on the player's stick. They don't track the puck well enough.

The initial shot hits the goalie's pad and he stays frozen until someone else picks up the puck. If the puck goes to the left or right, the goalie is almost always too late to get back and stop the shot. They should be able to notice where the puck goes after it bounces off them...

I really noticed this today, had a bunch of crap goals scored against me because of this. I knew there was a rebound glitch but I didn't realize it was just because of the goalies' incapability to track the puck. Did they address this in one of the trailers for 14?

kdfsjljklgjfg

Apr 4, 2007
Gloversville, NY
But back onto right now. We can go on 10 game hot streaks and get shut down by ****.

Bad teams sometimes win. Clearly this means that ice tilt exists.

In other news, Chicago's win streak ended against Columbus. By your logic, the only explanation is that the NHL rigged the game.

Hockey is a game where bad bounces and luck play a role. Hockey is not a game where being better means that you automatically win every single game you play. Just because you didn't go undefeated doesn't mean that the game is out to get you. Get over it.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Do we have any official confirmation that the new playoff system will be in NHL 14? Kinda dumb question, I know...but it wouldn't surprise me at all if EA left it out

The new divisional playoff system will definitely be in the game.

Would be shocked if they didn't.

Those are the types of details that EA Sports prides themselves on getting right, so I would say that it will DEFINITELY be in the game.

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
Does anyone know when they are coming out with information on the GM Mode. I hope they've fixed some things in that department cause that's what I play most other than online.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Does anyone know when they are coming out with information on the GM Mode. I hope they've fixed some things in that department cause that's what I play most other than online.

The lack of info leads me to believe that we shouldn't be expecting much in terms of changes or improvements on that end. Thus far their focus has been on the new fighting, checking and NHL '94 mode. Disappointing to say the least.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
Bad teams sometimes win. Clearly this means that ice tilt exists.

In other news, Chicago's win streak ended against Columbus. By your logic, the only explanation is that the NHL rigged the game.

Hockey is a game where bad bounces and luck play a role. Hockey is not a game where being better means that you automatically win every single game you play. Just because you didn't go undefeated doesn't mean that the game is out to get you. Get over it.
It's not that you lose to the bad teams, it's that your team is very much noticeably worse. They can't make passes, it feels like they're skating through mud, their shots don't hit the net, and the goalie lets in half the shots on him. Trust me, you can notice your team is better or worse game by game depending on who you're playing. I've played over 500 games, and I assure you ice tilt exists.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
It's not that you lose to the bad teams, it's that your team is very much noticeably worse. They can't make passes, it feels like they're skating through mud, their shots don't hit the net, and the goalie lets in half the shots on him. Trust me, you can notice your team is better or worse game by game depending on who you're playing. I've played over 500 games, and I assure you ice tilt exists.

I've played over 500 games, and I assure you ice tilt doesn't exist. ;)

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
With the introduction of Live the Life or whatever, it's very pleasing to read that the line change logic has been improved. Just about every time I go on the ice as a defenceman in be a pro, the IA player leaves the puck in the corner like a Pejorative Slur, comes to the bench and I get a minus.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

This is not ice tilt. This is a product of inconsistent EA servers leading to bad connections for one or both players. You can lag as the host or the guest, it doesn't matter - all that matters is how your game connects to the EA servers in that one instance.

When your connection is slightly less than optimal, your players feel slow, your passes are off, and your skating is sluggish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad