** NHL 14 Thread **

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Anyone know if there is a Collector's/Stanley Cup Edition like last year? As a mainly HUT player, the bonus packs and Wayne Gretzky made it worthwhile for me.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
dont release a game every year then if you cant make significant improvements in one years time(which is complete bs - thats enough time to improve gameplay/add faces). ea is basically running a scam with the unfinished product they pump out every year. how could you take people's money if you know that you did little to improve from last years $60 game? its sad.

Buy game development software and do it yourself if it's that big of a problem and so easy.

You realize development teams spend years making games and testing bugs. One year is definitely not enough to create, change, and polish a game the size of NHL. Every game has bugs, even ones that have taken years and years of development. Some of these games have had bugs for years without being fixed. There is a lot more that goes into game developing then some of you think.

Also, don't buy it if it bothers you that much. I enjoy the changes they are making and have OCD when it comes to correct rosters.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
N5sCngq.png

Looks like hot and cold streaks are back. More info tomorrow, I guess.

Sureshot

Thumbs up, soldier!
Apr 7, 2009
Anyone know if there is a Collector's/Stanley Cup Edition like last year? As a mainly HUT player, the bonus packs and Wayne Gretzky made it worthwhile for me.
I haven't seen one, but there is a pre-order bonus involving HUT packs:

Click

Introducing EA SPORTS Ultimate Pass

Kick start your team with the EA SPORTS Ultimate Pass, offered by all retailers below! Pre-order* NHL® 14 and receive twenty four HUT Gold packs, one pack per week for twenty four weeks. In Hockey Ultimate Team you can collect players from leagues from around the world. Build your ultimate fantasy team and test your skills online or offline. Win games and advance to the next division to face stiffer competition in HUT Seasons.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
hrmmm, I'm taking that screenshot plus their mention of taking the lead from FIFA to mean that: players' recent IRL form will be refelcted in online versus games...at least I hope so because that'd be awesome! in FIFA players' stats drop/rise constantly depending on their real life performances.

ki11joy

Aug 28, 2007
So they can bring it back as a "brand new feature" to the NHL Series.

Exactly, another bullet point to add to the box. And the funniest part is how the hot/cold streak feature was originally implemented in, wait for it...NHL 94 :handclap:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
100% agreed
945434_10151381608062026_1992330235_n.jpg

I don't think anyone is expecting Chara to be some impenetrable player who can't be hit, but I think the biggest problem is the lack of momentum and the awkward feeling of a weightless player crumbling to the ice that we see in EA's games when a player gets hit. I never feel any friction from making an impact, big or small. There's no momentum involved at all, you could be at a standstill and send a player flying with a check. And we also see some weird animations follow through where a players body contorts in mid-air.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Given the NHL94 'reboot' I think it's fantastic that when I was lazy and tried to use Swype on my phone to search for 'NHL14' that it thinks I'm trying to type 'mullet'. :laugh:

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
dont release a game every year then if you cant make significant improvements in one years time(which is complete bs - thats enough time to improve gameplay/add faces). ea is basically running a scam with the unfinished product they pump out every year. how could you take people's money if you know that you did little to improve from last years $60 game? its sad.

"Take people's money?"

No one is forcing anyone to buy the game. If you don't think the game has improved enough, don't buy it.

Clearly millions of people think enough has changed to justify a further $60 purchase each year.

The self righteousness some people have over this game is pretty bizarre.

Madic

May 21, 2008
Exactly, another bullet point to add to the box. And the funniest part is how the hot/cold streak feature was originally implemented in, wait for it...NHL 94 :handclap:
I was going to not say that and try to be positive, but yeah. I don't know many people who ever said, "Hey, can we have a less deep GM mode?" so it's sort of puzzling why that ever flew (removing solid features).

If the overall stat is going to determine contract demands, then performance needs to effect the overall stat. Step in the right direction, either way.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
hrmmm, I'm taking that screenshot plus their mention of taking the lead from FIFA to mean that: players' recent IRL form will be refelcted in online versus games...at least I hope so because that'd be awesome! in FIFA players' stats drop/rise constantly depending on their real life performances.

tunrs out this was the right assumption: http://www.easports.com/nhl/news-updates-gameplay/article/nhl-14-dynamic-ratings

awesome :yo: (although considering how volatile Price's play is...this might hurt people like myself who play as the Habs )

Burrows19

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
I want to see the player rankings, start planning for gm connected in 14. Any idea when they'll come out? I can't remember from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad