** NHL 14 Thread ** (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Go to the HUT forum say "Packs are fair and ice tilt doesn't exist" and see what happens.

I've been there. I don't really care since I have played plenty of games and have seen bounces go whatever way they feel for anyone at any time.

The idea that there is a predetermined outcome or that the game purposefully gives a losing team/team with a worse roster/team with a worse goaltender an advantage over another team is ridiculous in my opinion.

People can't even figure out what exactly causes this so called Ice Tilt. Play the game. You won't always win. Move on and go to the next one.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I've been there. I don't really care since I have played plenty of games and have seen bounces go whatever way they feel for anyone at any time.

The idea that there is a predetermined outcome or that the game purposefully gives a losing team/team with a worse roster/team with a worse goaltender an advantage over another team is ridiculous in my opinion.

People can't even figure out what exactly causes this so called Ice Tilt. Play the game. You won't always win. Move on and go to the next one.

I am a full believer of Ice Tilt. I understand I shouldn't always win, but when somebodys Lars Eller can burn past Matt Duchene, there is a problem. Bounces have always been awkward on either way they go. Go to OVP and try to play like you do in HUT, it doesn't work because there isn't ice tilt or a crazy amount of glitching.

If you played with the best possible team in HUT with a great player, and then a team of Cammaleri and Voraceks and gave them an average player, the outcome should easily be the stacked team, but in HUT, it doesn't normally work out that way.

I agree people shouldn't be able to win every game, but a solid player should be able to know out a scrub.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Got fed up of the ice tilt so I decided to make a new account to see the difference and this is what happened.

33oksiu.jpg

No, ice tilt doesn't exist, you just suck :sarcasm:

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
The bar is SO low for this series, my hope for NHL 15 at this point is simply that it doesn't freeze every single time I try to send a card I win in HUT to my collection. Seriously, EA. FFS. Every. Damn. Year. Do they get these developers from the Australian outback?

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
I know this question is asked a bunch (and I've already taken a looksee through Google for discussions), but can anyone here attest to the usefulness/uselessness of offensive awareness in EASHL/OTP? As far as I know, it's only really just a modifier for other offensive attributes, but I don't know if it's enough of a modifier to sink boosts and a bunch of XP into it.

Gonna run a playmaker with base OA (and consequently, boosted states in other areas) and see how I fair.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I know this question is asked a bunch (and I've already taken a looksee through Google for discussions), but can anyone here attest to the usefulness/uselessness of offensive awareness in EASHL/OTP? As far as I know, it's only really just a modifier for other offensive attributes, but I don't know if it's enough of a modifier to sink boosts and a bunch of XP into it.

Gonna run a playmaker with base OA (and consequently, boosted states in other areas) and see how I fair.

The question has been answered in the

Xbox EASHL: Best stats for skaters thread. But in the short, yes it does.

Flames420

Jan 2, 2007
I'm shocked to see there are actually people who thinks ice tilt doesn't exist. Anyone who has played the NHL series for 5 years or more, letalone since 91 like I have should be able to see the obviousness. What's next are there still people who think FIFA 14 doesn't have it either? :shakehead

EA makes way too much $$ from casual players to make the game realistic. Just like in society nowadays, have to make it fair for everyone to make everyone feel good about themselves.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
I'm shocked to see there are actually people who thinks ice tilt doesn't exist. Anyone who has played the NHL series for 5 years or more, letalone since 91 like I have should be able to see the obviousness. What's next are there still people who think FIFA 14 doesn't have it either? :shakehead

EA makes way too much $$ from casual players to make the game realistic. Just like in society nowadays, have to make it fair for everyone to make everyone feel good about themselves.

It makes the game unplayable, to be frank. Easily the most frustrating edition yet. Lucky for EA, I'm a masochist.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
For comparison my record on my main account is 215-116-32. It doesn't make sense. :help:

Don't you play players within your level range in Versus? If that is the case then there is your explanation. If you are an experienced player going up against guys who barely play versus, you are probably going to destroy them.

I dominated HUT all the way up to division 2 because I was playing either new or casual players.

Sizemore24*

Well I won 8 in a row with an avg team...

Lost 5 befor ewith an 1 million team...whatever...

Versus is more fun...

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Don't you play players within your level range in Versus? If that is the case then there is your explanation. If you are an experienced player going up against guys who barely play versus, you are probably going to destroy them.

I dominated HUT all the way up to division 2 because I was playing either new or casual players.

I'm at the same level as my original account now and am still winning games. My point wasn't so much the record, but that I was seeing less BS. I'm a decent player, but I should have lost a game by now.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
I'm at the same level as my original account now and am still winning games. My point wasn't so much the record, but that I was seeing less BS. I'm a decent player, but I should have lost a game by now.

So my next question would be what exactly is causing this "ice tilt" in your favor?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
What do people define ice tilt as and in what modes does it happen? Does it happen in EASHL or even online vs.? Those are essentially the only two modes I play and I've never noticed anything.

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
I love how everyone is sure ice-tilt exists, but there's no consensus on how it works, what game modes it affects, or how it can be overcome.

Ice tilt = confirmation bias + victim complex.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
I love how everyone is sure ice-tilt exists, but there's no consensus on how it works, what game modes it affects, or how it can be overcome.

Ice tilt = confirmation bias + victim complex.

Agree.

Oh how often I've gotten a message from a opponent I've beaten complaining about ice tilt. Yet when I compare our stats I'm 95% of the time the player with the better record. Some people just can't wrap it in their heads that they may be the worse player out of the two.

Now the cases where I lose to a worse opponent (and it happens sometimes), that I put under bad luck. Yeah it happens sometimes, so what. The better player wins 98% of the time.

TL12

Cam Barker MVP
Jan 3, 2014
Vancouver
I'm not saying I believe in Ice tilt, but I'm getting a little sck and tired when some people seem to have perfected the art of nudging my players and my players then explode all over the ice.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
I'm not saying I believe in Ice tilt, but I'm getting a little sck and tired when some people seem to have perfected the art of nudging my players and my players then explode all over the ice.

Like I have said before, I believe that is an issue with the mechanics of the game and their "momentum engine" or whatever they call it. It isn't something that I think benefits of a losing team or a weaker team, but just something that happens arbitrarily and creates completely unrealistic scenarios (such as the puck teleporting to a stick, passes not connecting, etc.) which frustrate players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad